Elden Ring

Engineer

Just read about incantations, pretty awesome - blackflame, bloodflame blade buffs etc

bloodflame blade + twin blade = darth maul ?

twinblade moveset is pretty cool

Elanora’s twinblade + bloodflame blade = epic bleed, will definitely try this combo

8 hours ago, 0verlord said:

Just read about incantations, pretty awesome - blackflame, bloodflame blade buffs etc

bloodflame blade + twin blade = darth maul ?

twinblade moveset is pretty cool

Elanora’s twinblade + bloodflame blade = epic bleed, will definitely try this combo

copy cat.

Edit: you wont be able to put bloodflame on the eleonora's poleblade as it is a special weapon. Doesn't take incantations. Bloodflame can be used on some other regular twinblade though, like the knight's twinning swords, or a normal twinblade.

Edited by WhatsInTheName
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, WhatsInTheName said:

copy cat.

Edit: you wont be able to put bloodflame on the eleonora's poleblade as it is a special weapon. Doesn't take incantations. Bloodflame can be used on some other regular twinblade though, like the knight's twinning swords, or a normal twinblade.

Someone's learning..

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, WhatsInTheName said:

copy cat.

I think the following is the ultimate bleed and ultimate fun weapon and setup

1) bloodhound claw - can be dual wield for fast attacks and has a high 60 bleed

2) incantation - bloodflame bleed, which does buff bloodhound claw’s already high bleed

3) fun part - ash of war bloodhound’s step - you get fast invisible dodging 

incantation buffed bleed for fastest bleed + dual wield for fast hits + invisible speedy dodging = probably the best action packed splashy setup in the game, isn’t it? And claws mean up close and personal, no shield, no running away 

Anyone can suggest if there’s any better alternative setup which hits as hard and as fast?

4 hours ago, 0verlord said:

I think the following is the ultimate bleed and ultimate fun weapon and setup

1) bloodhound claw - can be dual wield for fast attacks and has a high 60 bleed

2) incantation - bloodflame bleed, which does buff bloodhound claw’s already high bleed

3) fun part - ash of war bloodhound’s step - you get fast invisible dodging 

incantation buffed bleed for fastest bleed + dual wield for fast hits + invisible speedy dodging = probably the best action packed splashy setup in the game, isn’t it? And claws mean up close and personal, no shield, no running away 

Anyone can suggest if there’s any better alternative setup which hits as hard and as fast?

looks good. try out and report :) 

1 hour ago, WhatsInTheName said:

looks good. try out and report :) 

Turns out there’s something called affinities whixh can turn normal weapons into bleed weapons 

also, I have basic claws which failed miserably against duo Crystallite bosses - they don’t bleed at all 

2 hours ago, 0verlord said:

Turns out there’s something called affinities whixh can turn normal weapons into bleed weapons 

also, I have basic claws which failed miserably against duo Crystallite bosses - they don’t bleed at all 

Crystal dont bleed. Use blunt weapon on them. like a club, hammer, etc.

@Assassins Creed How are you liking the game so far? It's your first Souls Game right?

Also lol at Fromsoft. They literally removed 1/2 of Radahn's moveset with the new patch it seems. No Meteor Strike, Area Lightning, Meteor Summons or anything else. No wonder everyone is screaming at From right now.

Also @Heaven Angel and @STICK3Rboy Do you need the spear to beat Praetor Rykard? I got him down to 20% health at Phase 2 - but then ran out of mana, which is a big deal because I'm at Mana Soft Cap (60 FP) and 13 Flasks (8 Dedicated to mana - which also ran out). Seems that Spear is going to be needed lol. Were you able to beat Rykard without it?

12 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

He went in with a fang+10

How? Ancient dragon smithing stones are all gated to late game areas. The player isn’t supposed to have a +10 weapon at that point. Not to mention the fact that Radahn after his nerfs doesn’t really put up much of a fight.

Edited by Nikushimi

50 minutes ago, roun90 said:

@Assassins Creed How are you liking the game so far? It's your first Souls Game right?

Also lol at Fromsoft. They literally removed 1/2 of Radahn's moveset with the new patch it seems. No Meteor Strike, Area Lightning, Meteor Summons or anything else. No wonder everyone is screaming at From right now.

lol 3rd actually after BB and DeS, the QoLs are so perfect in the game it can get very less frustrating compared to any previous souls game.. Souls noob like @El Tigre Chino has become Souls Bro playing Elden Ring..

Radahn - I think all those were in 2nd phase but I didn;t let him enter that :P 

16 minutes ago, Nikushimi said:

How? Ancient dragon smithing stones are all gated to late game areas. The player isn’t supposed to have a +10 weapon at that point. Not to mention the fact that Radahn after his nerfs doesn’t really put up much of a fight.

You can travel there using a medallion given during Varres quest..

1 hour ago, roun90 said:

Exactly man, I'm so glad that I beat one of the starlight boss of the game at it's potential. He's nerfed out 50% and I'm sure Malenia will get nerfed as well in future. 

Starscourge Radahn and Malenia, the blade of Miquella are the 2 spotlight bosses in the game. Their lore is deeply rooted towards the main storyline. 

1 hour ago, roun90 said:

Also @Heaven Angel and @STICK3Rboy Do you need the spear to beat Praetor Rykard? I got him down to 20% health at Phase 2 - but then ran out of mana, which is a big deal because I'm at Mana Soft Cap (60 FP) and 13 Flasks (8 Dedicated to mana - which also ran out). Seems that Spear is going to be needed lol. Were you able to beat Rykard without it?

No, you need the sword to beat Rykard. 

The sword called the Serpent Hunter, just 2 hand this weapon for extra damage and if you use mimic and it'll significantly lower the difficulty of the boss fight. You can also upgrade that weapon but it costs somber smithing stone and pretty useless if you ask me. 

Try lunge attack and save the FP usage for 2nd encounter. Tbh, you don't even need to use the heavy attack for this boss. Serpent hunter's range is pretty good and boss attacks are slow and predictable. Keep hitting with light attack if you're out of FP, just call mimic in 2nd phase and you'll be good. 

1 hour ago, Assassins Creed said:

Nope, all that is nerfed bro. That's why no one's speaking about it anymore. They made him easy :thumbdown:

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, roun90 said:

Rykard's a "gimmick" boss meant to be fought with the spear. All the fancy attacks of that spear only work against him.

So go ahead and use it and enjoy the spectacle.

Also, I hope you've already completed the Volcano Manor questlines because the game will apparently lock you out of them after you kill Rykard.

Edited by STICK3Rboy

13 hours ago, Assassins Creed said:

I was outputting similar damage to yours. Radahn never used to get stunned at 50% health like in your video. He did not even do rush attack, which AFAIK was Phase 1. Radahn also typically killed all summons at least 2-4 times, making you run around the field re-summoning them. Which did not happen here.This is not the Radahn that I beat, that made a lot of players question their life choices. Wonder why they nerfed him. Radahn was optional and he was never the hardest boss. There are other bosses far harder, without even counting Malenia (For me, f**k Alecto, Black Knife Ringleader)

13 hours ago, Assassins Creed said:

You can travel there using a medallion given during Varres quest..

Don't waste Ancient Dragon Smithing Stones. AFAIK there are only 8 in the entire game - and the one you got was the only one easy to obtain. Use it only on weapons you are absolutely sure you will keep and use till the game completely ends.

12 hours ago, Heaven Angel said:

Exactly man, I'm so glad that I beat one of the starlight boss of the game at it's potential. He's nerfed out 50% and I'm sure Malenia will get nerfed as well in future. 

Starscourge Radahn and Malenia, the blade of Miquella are the 2 spotlight bosses in the game. Their lore is deeply rooted towards the main storyline. 

No, you need the sword to beat Rykard. 

The sword called the Serpent Hunter, just 2 hand this weapon for extra damage and if you use mimic and it'll significantly lower the difficulty of the boss fight. You can also upgrade that weapon but it costs somber smithing stone and pretty useless if you ask me. 

Try lunge attack and save the FP usage for 2nd encounter. Tbh, you don't even need to use the heavy attack for this boss. Serpent hunter's range is pretty good and boss attacks are slow and predictable. Keep hitting with light attack if you're out of FP, just call mimic in 2nd phase and you'll be good. 

8 hours ago, STICK3Rboy said:

Rykard's a "gimmick" boss meant to be fought with the spear. All the fancy attacks of that spear only work against him.

So go ahead and use it and enjoy the spectacle.

Caved in and used the Spear at the end. Made the boss a joke. Still, I'm happy I was able to almost kill the boss without it (Before running out of mana). Hope that gave me enough practice for Malenia. Ranni's Dark Moon is awesome. Dark Moon reduced magic resist, so combo of that + other spells is really fun.

There is also a great satisfaction in creating an entire Moon and lobbing it on the boss's head.

8 hours ago, STICK3Rboy said:

Also, I hope you've already completed the Volcano Manor questlines because the game will apparently lock you out of them after you kill Rykard.

Yes I did complete the 3 Target Marks that the lady gave. Got some spells and a lot of armor sets out of that quest (None of which I will most probably use since I'm a mage/INT Player). Though I hope that the Knoght Bernahl (From Warmaster's Shack in Limgrave) spawns to invade me. Hope that killing the 3 targets are enough for that. Guides said he would. i need to kill him to take his weapon for the Legendary Armaments Trophy. Trying to finish plat in 1 play-through and not have to go to NG+ or further.

Edited by roun90

Folks who have played the game.. pls help me understand.. Why is this game SOOO much better than the other FROM software games? Is it just hype or is it really that good? I'll probably get around to the game only by end of year, but if it is really this good, I'll move it up the backlog. 

16 minutes ago, Soultrader92 said:

Folks who have played the game.. pls help me understand.. Why is this game SOOO much better than the other FROM software games? Is it just hype or is it really that good? I'll probably get around to the game only by end of year, but if it is really this good, I'll move it up the backlog. 

Its not if you ask me, I'd still rank Sekiro and Bloodborne above it. But ER wins in sheer amount of content crammed into one game.