Elden Ring

Engineer

1 hour ago, Soultrader92 said:

Folks who have played the game.. pls help me understand.. Why is this game SOOO much better than the other FROM software games? Is it just hype or is it really that good? I'll probably get around to the game only by end of year, but if it is really this good, I'll move it up the backlog. 

Because it has so much to do and you can always come back to boss you can defeat at a later time rather than being stuck.

but as carbon core said sekiro still reamins my favourite solely because you can’t cheese out any bosses and the gameplay is phenomenal.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, rushab oswal said:

Because it has so much to do and you can always come back to boss you can defeat at a later time rather than being stuck.

but as carbon core said sekiro still reamins my favourite solely because you can’t cheese out any bosses and the gameplay is phenomenal.

Wut? 1/2 the bosses in Sekiro could be cheesed. You just needed the right weapons for the right time. For example, all beast bosses could be cheesed with fireworks etc. Some could be fought at from a distance where the bosses can't hit you etc.There were just some specific bosses that could not be cheesed. The problem was 1 of them was a mandatory story boss (Genichiro), so he acted as a Gatekeeper for skill. BB is top for me (Just for sheer mind-f**ery) and Sekiro for simple combat fluidness and getting rid of Stamina Bar.

2 hours ago, Soultrader92 said:

Folks who have played the game.. pls help me understand.. Why is this game SOOO much better than the other FROM software games? Is it just hype or is it really that good? I'll probably get around to the game only by end of year, but if it is really this good, I'll move it up the backlog. 

Did you ever feel like playing Skyrim or Zelda: Breath of the Wild with Souls combat? That is essentially what this game is. There is tons and tons to explore. Dungeons, Traps, Epic Loot and Puzzles dot the landscape. The huge Hogwarts like castle - go for it. Top of a snow capped mountain - there for you. You might be exploring and come up to an entire underground world literally as big as the entire normal game map. You might just find yourself at R'lyeh and find yourself in Cthulu's Nightmare City. You might take part in a friendly gladiatorial festival, and enjoy with the crowds. Anything your eye can see (and can't see, but you imagine) - you can most probably find it. It's an explorer's dream. With Souls Combat - which means you better be ready if you are going to explore those places. Death can still come to you at any time.

It's essentially the next level of open-world. So yes, the game is worth it.

Edited by roun90
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, roun90 said:

Wut? 1/2 the bosses in Sekiro could be cheesed. You just needed the right weapons for the right time. For example, all beast bosses could be cheesed with fireworks etc. Some could be fought at from a distance where the bosses can't hit you etc.There were just some specific bosses that could not be cheesed. The problem was 1 of them was a mandatory story boss (Genichiro), so he acted as a Gatekeeper for skill. BB is top for me (Just for sheer mind-f**ery) and Sekiro for simple combat fluidness and getting rid of Stamina Bar.

I played the game without guides so i thought there was no cheese :ranting::ranting:

7 hours ago, roun90 said:

Yes I did complete the 3 Target Marks that the lady gave. Got some spells and a lot of armor sets out of that quest (None of which I will most probably use since I'm a mage/INT Player). Though I hope that the Knoght Bernahl (From Warmaster's Shack in Limgrave) spawns to invade me. Hope that killing the 3 targets are enough for that. Guides said he would. i need to kill him to take his weapon for the Legendary Armaments Trophy. Trying to finish plat in 1 play-through and not have to go to NG+ or further.

Even Bernahl gives you a couple of targets to kill. But I think he'll invade you even if you haven't completed those.

8 hours ago, Soultrader92 said:

Elden Ring does something very few games are able to. Take you on a epic journey, when all is said and done you feel like you have seen and done a lot.

I think a comparison with Baldurs Gate 2 is not out of place in terms of scope of the game. 

Huge areas after huge areas that are completely different from previous ones.

You can find games that play better, look better etc. But that is one quality no one else does.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, rushab oswal said:

I hope it comes, that flurry attack is UNDODGEABLE. 

I tried around 30 times yesterday and did not manage to "COMPLETELY" dodge it even once. IT bullshit.

Try this.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, rushab oswal said:

I hope it comes, that flurry attack is UNDODGEABLE. 

I tried around 30 times yesterday and did not manage to "COMPLETELY" dodge it even once. IT bullshit.

The flurry is actually dodgeable. The first two attacks dodge away. The third one dodge into her.

• Like 1

On 4/2/2022 at 10:02 AM, 0verlord said:

Which sword?

which build can you suggest which is flashy, fun and effective like this?

I am using a boring bloodhound fang - any ideas?

Oh man I am so TIRED of the bloodhound fang. I want something wierd and flashy too