Elden Ring

Engineer

23 hours ago, roun90 said:

1) There is the Volcano Manor Questline (Starts in Liurnia), that will give you a lot of gear. Completing the questline will also lead you directly to Rykard's boss room. If you've not killed the NPC in the war-master's shack yet - you will need to finish the quest-line to get him to invade you (So you can kill him and get his legendary weapon; this is a requirement for All Legendary Armaments Trophy if you're going for Platinum) (This quest-line actually ends in The Mountain-top of the Giants, an area you unlock after completing Lyndell, The Royal Capital)

2) Do to Windmill Village. There are bosses there, and it's a fun,creepy area

3) Do the Shaded Castle Dungeon. It's boss is a requirement for Plat. It's a poisonous dungeon. So it's really fun. You have to go through the dungeon carefully, yet quickly.

4) Go to Mt. Gelmir and Hermit Village. That area gives you one of the most powerful end game staff + gear set and the most powerful spell in game (Azur's Gear Set, Azur's Staff and Comet Azur). You have to come there as a part of Sellen's quest-line. You need this if you are going for Platinum.

5) You can open a short-cut between Liurnia of the Lakes and Atlus Plateau

6) Do the Dungeon for Ancient Knight Kristoff Ash Remains - again the dungeon is in Atlus Plateau. While you're at it, kill the Holy Dragon that's nearby for it's Heart and for the Dragon's Incantation Spell to be available in the Cathedral of Dragon Communion in Caelid.

7) Oh, our good old friend, Margit also comes back as a mini-boss in Atlus Plateau, right next to the entrance of The Royal Capital. You can finish him off if you like.

That's all the main essentials I can think of at the moment. There are a lot more I'm sure, but I don't remember it atm or have not explored it fully enough. As usual, if you explore the area thoroughly, you will find a lot more than the above.

Thanks for all these tips, i did that dungeon, ended up with enough runes for like 3 levels somehow, sword of night and flame is so op, there is the enemy called revenant in the wiki, it's basically some grotesque looking human centipede thing that can teleport, but by god the weapon skill R1 and R2 of that sword :o , it's actually better than moonveils, only needs to be timed correctly, I ended up killing 3 of these revenants in that dungeon

10 hours ago, Vaibhavp said:

frodo-its-done.gif

Too bad i don't have video of mimic Tear destroying bosses for me while I chill out.

200.gif

:P

Congrats, whenever I saw you online on Xbox you were just hooked to this its a crazy feeling to get it done :thumbsup:

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Vaibhavp said:

Obligatory

frodo-its-done.gif

IMG_20220503_010420.jpg

Too bad i don't have video of mimic Tear destroying bosses for me while I chill out.

Niiceee!!

So were you able to save scum or did you do a 3 Play-through NG++ run?

Anyways congratz on the Platinum!!

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

So finally killed Godfrey golden shade, now have all 4 talisman slots unlocked, and enough in endurance so I don't have to wear rags just to not fatroll, now can put all 4 talismans towards buffing int/faith/cast time/fp usage etc.

Also Sword of Night and Flame :majesty:

• Like 2

Also killed Morgott just now, I plan to solo him in the future, really intense boss fight, even more than Radahn, this guy both first and this time always is the test of melee combat skills in this game :rofl:

One lore question, why is he basically a skinny old man with black skin in death? all his omen horns, furs, shells etc are missing, and he's much smaller and skinnier also?

11 hours ago, PhantomShade said:

Also killed Morgott just now, I plan to solo him in the future, really intense boss fight, even more than Radahn, this guy both first and this time always is the test of melee combat skills in this game :rofl:

One lore question, why is he basically a skinny old man with black skin in death? all his omen horns, furs, shells etc are missing, and he's much smaller and skinnier also?

I think they are buffed on purpose due to their otherworldly powers, but the horns missing is odd indeed because that is part of their physique, that's why they are shunned in the first place.

One proof of this is Godrick. When you beat him and that creepy servant starts appearing on top of his body, you can see Godrick goes back to human-sized proportions.

-----

I'm loving this game and I'm so far done with ALL dungeons, catacombs, ruins, etc. including the underground portion. All that's left to do is the flame giant, Elphael, and Crumbling Farum Azula. This is my first souls game and I'm so satisfied with my progress :D

Also, anyone got stumped with the paintings? Throwing this randomly here in case it's needed. It's the only I heavily used a guide on.

https://trendingnewswala.online/elden-ring-painting-locations-guide/

Edited by JungleHeart
  • Like 2

So finally got the Iron Kasa hat from Shabiri/Yura and the white reed body/greaves/gloves from Mountaintops of the Giants, for these armor bits I rushed through Leyndell, now back to doing all the side quests and exploring Mt Gelmir etc.

My weeb aesthetic is now complete :arigato:

Altough the basic samurai armor looks more newer, this white reeds set looks worn out.

• Like 1

In the past few days beat Astel, first boss in a long time that gave me grief, too many bullshit moves to count, and to top it off you can only do good damage if you hit the head.

Fortunately SoNaF came to the rescue, just did the comet azur focusing on the head only after dodges, a direct hit did some 800 dmg, much better than risky sword hits

This "run to his hard to reach weakspot" took me back to the old DS3 and BB days :lol:

Ringleader Alecto also gave me a hard time, mainly because with my 30 vigor I was getting 1 shotted by the AoE helmsplitter attack 

Moonblade of Adula is excellent for this fight, it builds up frostbite + staggers her when she does her side dodges or normal attacks, except when she does the grab :(

• Like 1

Been doing a second run on a new save file to try out new builds and playstyles. No summons or sorcerer builds this time.

I'm about 70 hours in and reached Farum Azula. About half the time compared to my initial playthrough. I'm not skipping any enemies or locations either.

Its amazing how much easier the game is when you know the enemy moves and general map layout.

Is the secret medallion the only way to Miquella's Haligtree? I'm stuck at this Commander Niall, who frosts my a*s everytime I try to get close to him. Don't wanna level up and be overlevelled for Malenia.

Fextralife shows previous location as Farum Azula, but I couldn't find any way from there.

41 minutes ago, Jerush said:

Is the secret medallion the only way to Miquella's Haligtree? I'm stuck at this Commander Niall, who frosts my a*s everytime I try to get close to him. Don't wanna level up and be overlevelled for Malenia.

Fextralife shows previous location as Farum Azula, but I couldn't find any way from there.

Niall shouldn't be that big a problem. What's your level?

I can join if you on xbox to clear it.

50 minutes ago, Jerush said:

She will beat your a*s just the same, only difference is you will be able to burst her down quickly if you get some openings.

This is not like other RPGs where overleveling makes you take less damage from under-leveled mobs

On 5/7/2022 at 10:24 PM, Vaibhavp said:

So I have been battling Malenia non stop, I came across this dude almost as good as "Let me solo her" on xbox.

Moonveil is good even late game?

On 5/2/2022 at 12:25 PM, roun90 said:

1) There is the Volcano Manor Questline (Starts in Liurnia), that will give you a lot of gear. Completing the questline will also lead you directly to Rykard's boss room. If you've not killed the NPC in the war-master's shack yet - you will need to finish the quest-line to get him to invade you (So you can kill him and get his legendary weapon; this is a requirement for All Legendary Armaments Trophy if you're going for Platinum) (This quest-line actually ends in The Mountain-top of the Giants, an area you unlock after completing Lyndell, The Royal Capital)

2) Do to Windmill Village. There are bosses there, and it's a fun,creepy area

3) Do the Shaded Castle Dungeon. It's boss is a requirement for Plat. It's a poisonous dungeon. So it's really fun. You have to go through the dungeon carefully, yet quickly.

4) Go to Mt. Gelmir and Hermit Village. That area gives you one of the most powerful end game staff + gear set and the most powerful spell in game (Azur's Gear Set, Azur's Staff and Comet Azur). You have to come there as a part of Sellen's quest-line. You need this if you are going for Platinum.

5) You can open a short-cut between Liurnia of the Lakes and Atlus Plateau

6) Do the Dungeon for Ancient Knight Kristoff Ash Remains - again the dungeon is in Atlus Plateau. While you're at it, kill the Holy Dragon that's nearby for it's Heart and for the Dragon's Incantation Spell to be available in the Cathedral of Dragon Communion in Caelid.

7) Oh, our good old friend, Margit also comes back as a mini-boss in Atlus Plateau, right next to the entrance of The Royal Capital. You can finish him off if you like.

That's all the main essentials I can think of at the moment. There are a lot more I'm sure, but I don't remember it atm or have not explored it fully enough. As usual, if you explore the area thoroughly, you will find a lot more than the above.

Forgot to say thanks for this post, especially the Volcano Manor assassination missions, now I have two sweet looking armor sets, the raging wolf one and the hoslow one( without helm, I use Iron Kasa instead )

Now I too will look stylish while dying B)

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

Moonveil is good even late game?

I completed with it.

Must say though, no weapon good or bad in game, even basic ones are superb once you +25 them and put a good Ash and grease on them.

It all depends on what your build / playstyle is and which look/ feels best.

2 hours ago, Vaibhavp said:

Niall shouldn't be that big a problem. What's your level?

I can join if you on xbox to clear it.

Level 120, actually, but I've split points on Dex and Arc, so my serpentbone blade does more DMG than ROB. Guess it's time for a respec to either pure Dex/Arc. On ps4 btw.

2 hours ago, PhantomShade said:

She will beat your a*s just the same, only difference is you will be able to burst her down quickly if you get some openings.

This is not like other RPGs where overleveling makes you take less damage from under-leveled mobs

I was around same level when I played her on my 1st playthrough. So I'm expecting a fight on the same level