Elden Ring

Engineer

11 minutes ago, Jerush said:

Level 120, actually, but I've split points on Dex and Arc, so my serpentbone blade does more DMG than ROB. Guess it's time for a respec to either pure Dex/Arc. On ps4 btw.

120 should be about right. Perhaps respec into Dex and+25 upgrade to weapon should do it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Vaibhavp said:

120 should be about right. Perhaps respec into Dex and+25 upgrade to weapon should do it.

Respecced to pure Dex and it was easy. Funny how 20 Arc and 40 Arc still apply bleed in the same number of hits.

2 hours ago, Jerush said:

Respecced to pure Dex and it was easy. Funny how 20 Arc and 40 Arc still apply bleed in the same number of hits.

Cool. Should be easy especially in second playthrough.

There is no arcane scaling on this weapon.

Some weapons like Rivers of Blood has arcane scaling where it increases bleed damage. Refer to weapon stats.

Edited by Vaibhavp

4 hours ago, Vaibhavp said:

Cool. Should be easy especially in second playthrough.

There is no arcane scaling on this weapon.

Some weapons like Rivers of Blood has arcane scaling where it increases bleed damage. Refer to weapon stats.

I actually used Rivers of blood, and it did more damage for me when I moved those Arc points to dex. And also, any blood or occult affinity gives the arc scaling as well

Just finished this Crucible Knight Ordovis fight, what a clusterf**k :rofl:

Possibly hardest boss i've faced till now, because you have to fight 2 crucible knights, one with the spear/hammer and the other with his gs and shield

I had to upgrade my Kristoff spirit ash to +8 just to make him survive Ordovis while I deal with his assistant.

in the end Kristoff killed Ordovis with a sliver of HP left :roflroll:

Edited by PhantomShade

I've wanted to do a parry only run against Malenia, as a tribute to my most favorite souls boss ever. :wub: 

So respecced to a crit build once I reached her and started learning her parry timings.

The fight is a bit long since we have to rely on RNG to make her do parry-able moves. The RNG can be influenced slightly based on our positioning relative to her.

We need 3 successful parries for a riposte and getting hit means she heals back the damage we dealt. Then there's the small matter of dodging Waterfowl dance. :lol:

It took me a couple of days, but I finally beat Malenia with only a dagger and a buckler. It was one of the most exhilarating and rewarding series of boss runs I've ever had in a game. 

Everything about the fight was perfect. The music, the stage, the enemy design, the ambiance. I've completed the game twice and Malenia has been the highlight of the game on both occasions. Kudos to Fromsoft for creating this masterpiece. :majesty:

Edited by Nikushimi
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nikushimi said:

I've wanted to do a parry only run against Malenia, as a tribute to my most favorite souls boss ever. :wub: 

So respecced to a crit build once I reached her and started learning her parry timings.

The fight is a bit long since we have to rely on RNG to make her do parry-able moves. The RNG can be influenced slightly based on our positioning relative to her.

We need 3 successful parries for a riposte and getting hit means she heals back the damage we dealt. Then there's the small matter of dodging Waterfowl dance. :lol:

It took me a couple of days, but I finally beat Malenia with only a dagger and a buckler. It was one of the most exhilarating and rewarding series of boss runs I've ever had in a game. 

Everything about the fight was perfect. The music, the stage, the enemy design, the ambiance. I've completed the game twice and Malenia has been the highlight of the game on both occasions. Kudos to Fromsoft for creating this masterpiece. :majesty:

Mad skills my dude,

Meanwhile I can barely parry the 2rs knight enemies you find :rofl:

Btw is buckler necessary or will any small shield with parry skill  do?

55 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

Mad skills my dude,

Meanwhile I can barely parry the 2rs knight enemies you find :rofl:

Btw is buckler necessary or will any small shield with parry skill  do?

Thanks man!

You can parry with any shield with the parry skill slapped on. But the parry window varies based on type of shield. The buckler has the largest amount of parry frames, making it the easiest shield to parry with.

10 minutes ago, El Tigre Chino said:

Did a pants-less, summon-less run to tame the thic serpent Rykard last night. 

People criticize this fight because muh gimmick, but it's a really epic feeling with those huge wind blades from serpent hunter, I had the mimic tear also fight with it, looks really awesome, much better than that onion bro and yhorm fight from DS3, might be because here the big bad is a huge snake man monstrosity.

7 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

People criticize this fight because muh gimmick, but it's a really epic feeling with those huge wind blades from serpent hunter, I had the mimic tear also fight with it, looks really awesome, much better than that onion bro and yhorm fight from DS3, might be because here the big bad is a huge snake man monstrosity.

Took me way too long to realise that I should be using the serpent hunter for it.

Even longer to realise that I can just shield against him sticking his head into the ground and causing an earthquake.

Till then I was like ...

What's the muh gimmick?

14 minutes ago, El Tigre Chino said:

Took me way too long to realise that I should be using the serpent hunter for it.

Even longer to realise that I can just shield against him sticking his head into the ground and causing an earthquake.

Till then I was like ...

What's the muh gimmick?

It's forcing you to use the serpent hunter, because otherwise you cannot do damage reliably to him atleast in melee, because all his thicc snake bits have a lava pool around them.

The yhorm fight from DS3 was similar, he's a giant so you couldn't reach the head/chest which did the most damage, you could only hit the legs that did crap damage, so you had to use this specific GS's special ability to hit his head, it basically shoots out a beam of wind or something similar

22 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

It's forcing you to use the serpent hunter, because otherwise you cannot do damage reliably to him atleast in melee, because all his thicc snake bits have a lava pool around them.

The yhorm fight from DS3 was similar, he's a giant so you couldn't reach the head/chest which did the most damage, you could only hit the legs that did crap damage, so you had to use this specific GS's special ability to hit his head, it basically shoots out a beam of wind or something similar

Ah okay. I was dropping some decent damage with the bloodhound fang when the head would come close to the ground. I had equipped a fire damage negation thing so I could also go in a drop hits too. But yeah the Serpent Hunter was a lot more efficient.

It is a bit frustrating as a fight. Mainly the earthquake thing & him swallowing you was super annoying. Because of the weapon though it was not as bad for a melee build as the other fights against humongous enemies. 

The fight against the boss at the end of Fia's quest was annoying because of that. Could barely see any of his attack cues because I could hit only the legs. And also every second attack would be a one shot kill. In hindsight it would be really good to have done that with the serpent hunter now.

Edited by El Tigre Chino

58 minutes ago, El Tigre Chino said:

Did a pants-less, summon-less run to tame the thic serpent Rykard last night. 

Why are you running around with a shield when you are naked. LMAO. :roflroll:

Aren't you supposed to dodge all attacks, the point of giving up on armour? 

17 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

The funny fact is - I was good enough to bring it down to around 20%-30% health of it's Phase 2 form (and still have health bar almost full) - without the Serpent Hunter. But then my f**ing mana and all potions ran out, so I had to purposely die. It was really annoying and frankly unfair.

6 minutes ago, El Tigre Chino said:

The fight against the boss at the end of Fia's quest was annoying because of that. Could barely see any of his attack cues because I could hit only the legs. And also every second attack would be a one shot kill. In hindsight it would be really good to have done that with the serpent hunter now.

The serpent hunter's flashy moves only work against Rykard. That's the "gimmick".

32 minutes ago, El Tigre Chino said:

Ah okay. I was dropping some decent damage with the bloodhound fang when the head would come close to the ground. I had equipped a fire damage negation thing so I could also go in a drop hits too. But yeah the Serpent Hunter was a lot more efficient.

It is a bit frustrating as a fight. Mainly the earthquake thing & him swallowing you was super annoying. Because of the weapon though it was not as bad for a melee build as the other fights against humongous enemies. 

What weapon did you do this with? I had uchi + moonveil in dual wield but when I saw the dragon i realized I couldn't hit the head, then decided to blast him with comet azur, out of the 5 I fired I made 3 hits, and he died, actually feel bad now because fortissax fight had epic lightning attacks and banger ost :(

5 minutes ago, El Tigre Chino said:

Season 6 What GIF by The Office

I went and spent all my somber smithing stones on it after the fight. What the what.

You don't get those white light blades coming from the spear normally, it's only for rykard boss fight.

I guess normally it works like a GS