Elden Ring

Engineer

57 minutes ago, Vaibhavp said:

Why are you running around with a shield when you are naked. LMAO. :roflroll:

Aren't you supposed to dodge all attacks, the point of giving up on armour? 

To block the ground attack he does. Without that it was an insta-kill attack for me.

My point of giving up armour is chutzpah mainly, I find no real benefit out of it :fap:

26 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

What weapon did you do this with? I had uchi + moonveil in dual wield but when I saw the dragon i realized I couldn't hit the head, then decided to blast him with comet azur, out of the 5 I fired I made 3 hits, and he died, actually feel bad now because fortissax fight had epic lightning attacks and banger ost :(

Bloodhound fang has been my primary. I was initially using the poison katana on Fortissax but amount of hits required were too high because I was pretty much blind guessing when his attacks were coming in. Finally brought the mimic dummy out and got done with it in one run. Dragons are really not enjoyable fights.

Here's the VOD of it, it's quite a blah battle though.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, El Tigre Chino said:

The heck. It's trash without that. My precious somber smithing stones :nerves:

You can always use it like a normal spear.

Also later you get bell bearings, so you can buy stones from twin husks in roundtable.

9 hours ago, Nikushimi said:

On a side note, has anyone felt that the capture quality from the Ps5 suffers greatly when vrr is enabled? My Malenia footage looks like trash on youtube but all my past captures before the vrr update looks fine. 

Nevermind, it was just youtube taking its sweet time to process the video. The upload looks much closer to the original capture and in line with my previous videos. 

What standard weapons( the kind you upgrade to +25 not the +10 ones ) according to y'all are fun for ash of war usage ? or buff with elemental incantation?

I'm bored of uchi + moonveil and occasionally moonlit GS, looking to switch to STR/FTH, something with like greatshield and any long weapon, gs, spear, greatspear, colossal weaon etc. etc. or even dual wielding GS

1 hour ago, PhantomShade said:

What standard weapons( the kind you upgrade to +25 not the +10 ones ) according to y'all are fun for ash of war usage ? or buff with elemental incantation?

I'm bored of uchi + moonveil and occasionally moonlit GS, looking to switch to STR/FTH, something with like greatshield and any long weapon, gs, spear, greatspear, colossal weaon etc. etc. or even dual wielding GS

Try the gargoyle greatsword. When fully upgraded it gets a B scaling in faith with Flame/Holy affinity.

Checkout Fextralife on youtube. They have plenty of early/mid/late game builds. I have tried a few of them and they were all fun to play as.

2 hours ago, PhantomShade said:

Claws or dual wielding whips

2 hours ago, PhantomShade said:

The magma Wyrm GS, and the Blasphemous blade. 

Not sure if they need somber/normal stones though.

The flamberge can be infused

Edited by Jerush

27 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

Claws or dual wielding whips

no, claws, daggers too short range, whips have good range but not enough oomph.

I was looking for the big weapons, i'm fedup of being interrupted myself and usually not interrupting the other guy, need that poise, need big weapons

I remember using fume GS in DS3 and feeling like a total boss.

22 minutes ago, Jerush said:

The magma Wyrm GS, and the Blasphemous blade. 

Not sure if they need somber/normal stones though.

The flamberge can be infused

Yes, seems to be a good choice because of all the lifesteal I just read it lifesteals normally on kill and on the WA also.

1 hour ago, Nikushimi said:

Try the gargoyle greatsword. When fully upgraded it gets a B scaling in faith with Flame/Holy affinity.

Checkout Fextralife on youtube. They have plenty of early/mid/late game builds. I have tried a few of them and they were all fun to play as.

Read about this just now, seems to be a also a good choice, I checked fextra yt channel, they have a sweet great spear + shield lightning build but aside from that was looking for something with GS

btw for damage + stagger is 1h a gs with shield better or two handing it? 1h usually the sweeping attacking on r1 but 2h is just vertical slashes

3 hours ago, PhantomShade said:

btw for damage + stagger is 1h a gs with shield better or two handing it? 1h usually the sweeping attacking on r1 but 2h is just vertical slashes

Depends on how you like to play. Dual wield is obviously more damage but doesn't have the safety of a shield. If you're dual wielding, make sure you use attacks that use both the weapons. Usually L1 and jumping L1

6 minutes ago, Nikushimi said:

Depends on how you like to play. Dual wield is obviously more damage but doesn't have the safety of a shield. If you're dual wielding, make sure you use attacks that use both the weapons. Usually L1 and jumping L1

Only the L1 was good for my moonveil + uchi combo

I switched to Moonlit GS and Helphen's Steeple( int scaling GS with a WA that gives it a cool black flame effect and frost build up ) 

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Meanwhile here  both the L1 and jumping L1 absolutely wreck the enemy, they get totally staggered and can't hit back :rofl:

Also this night's cavalry armor set looks so awesome plus has more poise than my previous sets

I should get a great shield tho.

The armor and weapons based of this fextra build, my stats are different though

12 hours ago, Nikushimi said:

For L1 to work, you need to be power stancing weapons, ie both the weapons should be of the same class. Moonveil and uchi worked since they both were katanas. 

Yes these two GSs also work the same way, also since they both gs, jumping L1 is a downward slam with both swords that staggers, with uchi moonveil jumping l1 was some kind of slash attack.

35 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

Yes these two GSs also work the same way, also since they both gs, jumping L1 is a downward slam with both swords that staggers, with uchi moonveil jumping l1 was some kind of slash attack.

Yes, it changes based to the type of weapon. Curved swords has a flurry attack that slashes the enemy 4 times, great for building up status effects like bleed. 

On the faith side of things is there any equivalent to the glintstone pebble/cometshard ?

This spell has saved my a*s around 2 times now,  against Mohg the Omen and against giant mountaintops death rite bird,

Basically you keep pelting the boss with this spell, it's a relatively safe way to deal damage while the spirit summon holds aggro

Otherwise bosses lime Mohg and death rite bird have too much bullshit and surprises to go 100% melee the whole fight.

Anyway I've got to Elphael brace of Haligtree and the waygate to Mohgwyn palace is active, should I explore these areas now or go for main content( fire giant, set erdtree aflame etc ) ?

30 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

Anyway I've got to Elphael brace of Haligtree and the waygate to Mohgwyn palace is active, should I explore these areas now or go for main content( fire giant, set erdtree aflame etc ) ?

Explore these areas will make you much stronger, story part would be easier.

You decide if you want it to be easy or challenging.