Elden Ring

Engineer

13 minutes ago, El Tigre Chino said:

What level is ideal for Mountain tops? I'm a level 100 and getting absolutely slapped around by the bosses there. 

https://eldenring.wiki.fextralife.com/Game+Progress+Route#MountaintopsOfTheGiants fextra says level 90+

Which bosses are slapping you specifically? like I was getting smacked by death rite bird and I was level 127 :rofl:

Then I was using magic + frost weapons, both of which it was resistant to :lol:

25 minutes ago, El Tigre Chino said:

What level is ideal for Mountain tops? I'm a level 100 and getting absolutely slapped around by the bosses there. 

The end game PVP meta is lvl 150.

After mountaintops of the giants, assuming you finished all the underworld locations, there are 2 legacy dungeons (1 being optional) and a small open world location (consecrated snowfields)

So about 50 levels for not that much content. I'd say get to mountaintop of Giants at about level 120-130

38 minutes ago, El Tigre Chino said:

Commander Niall, Fire Giant, that frost dragon. Barely doing any damage to them, while getting one shotted from their hits.

If you're ok with cheese you can just comet azur him with buffs

I replicated this video somewhat but didn't have the needed buffs/talismans so wasn't able to 1 shot him, yet it got him to like 15% HP with both summons dispatched.

The AI is dumb here so everyone just rushes into your death beam, unlike Radahn or Astel where you get shot by a arrow or laser the first time you walk in.

• Haha 1

Since I got the moonveil katana the game has died for me. 

I cant play with any other weapon and I can play in only one very specific way with this weapon. I would still say bloodborne > elden ring 

Im too tired with this game, I dont think Ill finish it. Im at the godskin twins

5 hours ago, hussain said:

Since I got the moonveil katana the game has died for me. 

I cant play with any other weapon and I can play in only one very specific way with this weapon. I would still say bloodborne > elden ring 

Im too tired with this game, I dont think Ill finish it. Im at the godskin twins

For me it's the other way around, got bored of moonveil + uchi combo, now i'm dual wielding greatswords, will switch to str/fth build after that.

Also if you've levelled Int for moonveil better start making use of spells.

56 minutes ago, STICK3Rboy said:

:lol:

Thank Miyazaki this game doesn't allow invading single player worlds so you can play online safely without some griefer invader gandu(s) ruining your game

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, El Tigre Chino said:

Commander Niall, Fire Giant, that frost dragon. Barely doing any damage to them, while getting one shotted from their hits.

btw only solution to not getting 1 and 2 shotted by the fire fatso is to summon alexander, he draws aggro reliably so you can wail on the red headed fatass himself.

Discovered this hidden ez mode after 30 times of getting randomly pancaked to death by his thali-slams and him rolling over me like he's adele  .

Once you reach 2nd phase hit the body only, even though the hands are now the weakpoint, much more reliable to get in some dmg.

Also respec to get your vigor to 40, it should give you decently sized HP bar, and level up and upgrade your weapons to do the needed damage numbers

17 hours ago, PhantomShade said:

For me it's the other way around, got bored of moonveil + uchi combo, now i'm dual wielding greatswords, will switch to str/fth build after that.

Also if you've levelled Int for moonveil better start making use of spells.

I tried that, but the spells do so littel damage, no matter how I scale. I have the scepter the second boss uses at +6 it still does low damage with my spells. Enemies I can kill with 2 regular hits of moonviel

7 hours ago, PhantomShade said:

Discovered this hidden ez mode after 30 times of getting randomly pancaked to death by his thali-slams and him rolling over me like he's adele  .

:lol:

I'm going to go explore for a  bit before trying him again. Will do a bit of Altus Plateau & Capital clean-up. Will try to level up another 10-15 levels before heading there

I think I can get him if I spend enough time on it but need to be really focused for that. I feels summons throw of the moveset and timings and make things tougher but will try that eventually if the needle doesn't move.

Question for those who have done it, how did y'all go about the motu-patlu boss fight? One look at those two hooded creeps and I knew i wouldn't be able to do it without Bernahl summon :P

Also had to bring out the mimic tear, tiche was useless this fight

God bless glintstone comet, does reliable damage to anything anytime, smacked both patlu and motu with it till their hp was like 40%, both died and then one more patlu appeared like Thanos using the tesseract portal :rofl:

Then I finally used my katanas :arigato:

So did the Malekith boss fight, was over-levelled for this one I think so it got over quickly, meanwhile the Draconic Tree Sentinel right outside the boss door was such a pain to do, I died like 20 times, but in the end learnt his moveset and killed him, this guy was so hard outside Leyndell capital but that time didn't know how to dodge his horse's fireball spam and his lightning strike using his shield :lol:

On 5/17/2022 at 8:52 PM, PhantomShade said:

Question for those who have done it, how did y'all go about the motu-patlu boss fight? One look at those two hooded creeps and I knew i wouldn't be able to do it without Bernahl summon :P

Also had to bring out the mimic tear, tiche was useless this fight

This was bugged for me. I died and then suddenly my mimic got a 30k dps on the boss killing him immediately.  

Guess I'm overleveled now, went up against Shardbearer Mohg , promptly disposed off him into second phase with mohg's shackle and then the mimic tear killed him( good because it's cancer in 2nd phase every swing of the spear sprays blood fire across the arena ).

Mohg is comedy because you can still beat his a*s while he does NIHIL x3

Then fought Godfrey who was kicking my a*s left right and center with his earthquake stomp aoe and axe swings, had to summon Nepheli aside from my mimic :rofl:

which actually sucked because once he went to second phase as Hoarah Loux both killed him :(

Anyway now I'm sure Malenia will balance out my over-leveled char

Or Dragonlord Placidusax

56 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

Guess I'm overleveled now, went up against Shardbearer Mohg , promptly disposed off him into second phase with mohg's shackle and then the mimic tear killed him( good because it's cancer in 2nd phase every swing of the spear sprays blood fire across the arena ).

Mohg is comedy because you can still beat his a*s while he does NIHIL x3

Then fought Godfrey who was kicking my a*s left right and center with his earthquake stomp aoe and axe swings, had to summon Nepheli aside from my mimic :rofl:

which actually sucked because once he went to second phase as Hoarah Loux both killed him :(

Anyway now I'm sure Malenia will balance out my over-leveled char

Or Dragonlord Placidusax

Bosses didn't gave too much problem to me either. Perhaps when you are close to end, you play a bit better.

Dragonlord is in same category.

Malenia will need some time though, till you learn how to dodge her powerful attacks.

On 5/15/2022 at 5:52 PM, PhantomShade said:

replicated this video somewhat but didn't have the needed buffs/talismans so wasn't able to 1 shot him, yet it got him to like 15% HP with both summons dispatched.

The AI is dumb here so everyone just rushes into your death beam, unlike Radahn or Astel where you get shot by a arrow or laser the first time you walk in.

Completed Niall, no cheese and pants-less finally. Had to use the dummy though.

Quite split between continuing with the current build or respec-ing. Health wise I'm just getting one or two shotted now and barely even doing as much damage to be a glass canon. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, El Tigre Chino said:

Completed Niall, no cheese and pants-less finally. Had to use the dummy though.

Quite split between continuing with the current build or respec-ing. Health wise I'm just getting one or two shotted now and barely even doing as much damage to be a glass canon. 

What is your current build? quality?

You may consider switching to int + dex or fth + str, you can then use elemental buffs on normal weapons, or do some kind of tower shield and spear build, or dual wield GS, or dual wield katanas.

for int + dex you can do moonveil and uchigatana with cold infusion and hoarfrost stomp skill, for int + str you can dw helphen's steeple GS and moonlit GS or dw Starscourge GS.

I wouldn't recommend going full int or fth caster because the bosses will one or two shot you before you can cast solo, so you'll have to use spirit ash + summons if available.

I am personally going to switch to str + fth once i'm done with Malenia

I want to stay melee and be able to use the fancy attacks that all these fights have. Just got the Rivers of Blood Katana which looks interesting too.

Don't have a specific build at the moment. I think it's 40 vigor, 50 strength, Dex is in the high 30s I think. Rest is just allocated here and there.

Will check out a couple of in-action build videos of the ones you mentioned, thanks.