Elden Ring

Engineer

17 minutes ago, El Tigre Chino said:

I want to stay melee and be able to use the fancy attacks that all these fights have. Just got the Rivers of Blood Katana which looks interesting too.

Don't have a specific build at the moment. I think it's 40 vigor, 50 strength, Dex is in the high 30s I think. Rest is just allocated here and there.

Will check out a couple of in-action build videos of the ones you mentioned, thanks.

Choose a weapon then respec fully to that weapon. Your level shouldn't have problem in dealing damage at least. 

Weapon you are using is Dex focused if I remember correctly. 50 points in strength is useless for it. Transfer 30 points in Dex from strength and that will solve problem you are having.

58 minutes ago, El Tigre Chino said:

I want to stay melee and be able to use the fancy attacks that all these fights have. Just got the Rivers of Blood Katana which looks interesting too.

Don't have a specific build at the moment. I think it's 40 vigor, 50 strength, Dex is in the high 30s I think. Rest is just allocated here and there.

Will check out a couple of in-action build videos of the ones you mentioned, thanks.

If you've decided on any weapon to stick with( like you'll upgrade it all the way) check the weapons fextra life page, it will show you what stat of the weapons gives good scaling S, A, B are good, and then pour points into that stat for most dps benefit

For flashy melee moves you can check out the greatwords, there is this one ash of war called lion's claw, many others also that have flashy moves

You can try colossal weaons also if your str only, most of them have unique weapon arts/skills 

45 minutes ago, RV1709 said:

Planning to get this. Can anyone recommend between ps5 and pc? I want to get it on pc but I’m hearing optimisation issues and locked frame rate. Did they fix it ? There is no dlss/fsr ?

No DLSS, if you use RivaTuner/MSI AFB for the overlay that shows your FPS and all that tanks framerate.

Otherwise only optimization issue I faced later on is the fight vs Dragon Fortissax, because the dragon is covered in red lightning and does lightning attacks every 5 seconds, idk if it's optimization or my gpu can't handle it.

Buy on PC, it's cheaper, just 2.5k.

Also yes it's still 60 fps afaik, doesn't make a difference to me, i have a potato 1080 60fps monitor.

set grass and volumetric quality to medium if you're having issues.

44 minutes ago, RV1709 said:

Planning to get this. Can anyone recommend between ps5 and pc? I want to get it on pc but I’m hearing optimisation issues and locked frame rate. Did they fix it ? There is no dlss/fsr ?

I personally have the ps5 version and it works ok. I didn’t get pc version at launch because it had performance issue back then. 

But the problem of pc version has been resolved since with numerous patches. And PC version is no brainer now because of the price, 2499 in steam.

Console version costs more and even the performance is not satisfactory (for me atleast)… there are frame drops in ps5 performance mode even. 

you have 3080. Get PC version. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SaiKO said:

I personally have the ps5 version and it works ok. I didn’t get pc version at launch because it had performance issue back then. 

But the problem of pc version has been resolved since with numerous patches. And PC version is no brainer now because of the price, 2499 in steam.

Console version costs more and even the performance is not satisfactory (for me atleast)… there are frame drops in ps5 performance mode even. 

you have 3080. Get PC version. 

Thanks ! I was reading that there are some tools/mods that can help unlock frame rate. Wondering if that’s bannable or I should be ok ?

6 minutes ago, RV1709 said:

Thanks ! I was reading that there are some tools/mods that can help unlock frame rate. Wondering if that’s bannable or I should be ok ?

Per one of these framerate unlocker pages, you have to disable EasyAntiCheat to use the mods, which makes your game run in offline mode by default

i.e no "finger but hole" "liar ahead" etc messages

many times these messages are helpful like they tell you if some mook(s) will ambush you from a corner ahead or stuff like that.

TLDR you won't get banned because you can't play online with the mod

1 hour ago, RV1709 said:

No need to mod it. 

just play at locked 60 fps. You won’t be compromising the online features. Plus it’s gonna be rocksolid stable frames on your pc. 

And pc version is graphically superior. Just play with a gamepad and not mouse/keyboard. 

• Like 1

my level 152 makes jack f**king squat difference to Malenia, tried going solo but barely manage to get hp to less than 75% and waterfowl dance gets me, if not that it's the one attack where she rushes towards you and does like 3 slashes, it's a one shot, and even somehow if you survive that she does some big slash attack that will get you.

Tiche does decent damage but can't hold aggro, and my mimic holds aggro and hits like a truck but gets shredded by Malenia in 2nd phase

Malenia is the ultimate counter to all spirit ash, npc summons( there aren't any here :rofl: ) and using cheesy weapons/spells :majesty:

I've noticed she gets staggered quite easily on hits, but too much of a coward to lay into her with the L1, she does these big side hops and all, prolly will get behind me :(

Looks like i'll have to git gud with this one

if anyone wants to know i'm using moonveil +10 main hand and hoarfrost stomp cold uchi +25 offhand because i read frostbite and bleed are effective against her

47 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

my level 152 makes jack f**king squat difference to Malenia, tried going solo but barely manage to get hp to less than 75% and waterfowl dance gets me, if not that it's the one attack where she rushes towards you and does like 3 slashes, it's a one shot, and even somehow if you survive that she does some big slash attack that will get you.

Tiche does decent damage but can't hold aggro, and my mimic holds aggro and hits like a truck but gets shredded by Malenia in 2nd phase

Malenia is the ultimate counter to all spirit ash, npc summons( there aren't any here :rofl: ) and using cheesy weapons/spells :majesty:

I've noticed she gets staggered quite easily on hits, but too much of a coward to lay into her with the L1, she does these big side hops and all, prolly will get behind me :(

Looks like i'll have to git gud with this one

if anyone wants to know i'm using moonveil +10 main hand and hoarfrost stomp cold uchi +25 offhand because i read frostbite and bleed are effective against her

Just learn to dodge waterfowl dance. It's pretty straightforward. 

For second phase, learn to dodge scarlet aeonia. 

Once you do its a simple fight really. She takes a ton of damage and give you time to drink potions. 

Refer to Elden Ring wiki Malenia page for tips on dodging. They work pretty well.

On 5/22/2022 at 5:36 PM, Vaibhavp said:

Just learn to dodge waterfowl dance. It's pretty straightforward. 

For second phase, learn to dodge scarlet aeonia. 

Once you do its a simple fight really. She takes a ton of damage and give you time to drink potions. 

Refer to Elden Ring wiki Malenia page for tips on dodging. They work pretty well.

I have died like 50 times now, didn't have the patience to learn how to do this, especially when the camera also does it's own waterfowl dance when locked on :P

Instead respecced into 70 dex and 20 arc to wield the RoB +10, then got shocked at the amount of damage and stagger the R2 does to Malenia :eyepop:

I had a mimic tear also but it didn't do the R2 in sync with me like AC's did in that one he posted :(

It's almost like RoB is a gimmick anti-boss weapon for Malenia like how serpent hunter was for Rykard :rofl: the stagger, the raw damage numbers, the bleed :majesty:

anyway only genichiro way of the tomoe/Isshin sword saint  radagone/elden beast and dragonlord placidusax remain

58 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

I have died like 50 times now, didn't have the patience to learn how to do this, especially when the camera also does it's own waterfowl dance when locked on :P

Instead respecced into 70 dex and 20 arc to wield the RoB +10, then got shocked at the amount of damage and stagger the R2 does to Malenia :eyepop:

I had a mimic tear also but it didn't do the R2 in sync with me like AC's did in that one he posted :(

It's almost like RoB is a gimmick anti-boss weapon for Malenia like how serpent hunter was for Rykard :rofl: the stagger, the raw damage numbers, the bleed :majesty:

anyway only genichiro way of the tomoe/Isshin sword saint  radagone/elden beast and dragonlord placidusax remain

Yeah.

Haven't used ROB but Moonveil too is very powerful since it's special ability is executed so fast. You can deal a ton of damage even with minor openings.

Have respecced into 99 Dex for hand of Malenia katana. It's too hard to use in comparison but is very satisfying when you get it right.

Took care of the fire giant with my curved sword, pants-less. Got the dummy out during stage two to run some distraction in the last couple of runs. 

Had him down the 10% health at least 20-25 times before this run, I'd get random one-shots just before finishing the job. Proper pain to do this one pure melee.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

So got rid of Dragonlord Placidusax just now, at what point should I backup save to save scum the 3 endings? doing the radagone/eldenbeast boss fight will not directly launch me into an ending right?