Elden Ring

Engineer

I agree, felt meh, maybe we were overhyping sh*t to begin with, would love to see more gameplay though.

So far looks like old wine in somewhat old bottle with a new sticker :/

Edited by gecko89

2 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

Okay trailer. Nothing screamed special or new compared to DS3/Sekiro. Could slap DS4 and wouldn't change a thing.

After so years this was pretty meh reveal... 

I agree. Looked like a typical Miyazaki game. However, I liked the music. We should get to know more during the actual game play reveal.

5 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

Okay trailer. Nothing screamed special or new compared to DS3/Sekiro. Could slap DS4 and wouldn't change a thing.

After so years this was pretty meh reveal... 

DS4 yess but the world and game design has upped significantly and I'm very hypped for it 

Seeing as its so difficult to evolve n upgrade a set style like souls borne 

I'm just happy it's offering something new 

5 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

What makes this different from Dark Souls 4? If you told me that was a trailer for ds4 I would've believed you

This game looks much more dynamic and open than any of Ds or BB

Kind of like an upgrade on sekiro 

In a souls series, there's little scope for theme evolution,  still from what I've read miyazaki is inspired by Berserk

Like the game is set in many astral world's 

Clearly a step forward from the original soulsborne while retaining core theme elements

This game was obviously evidently much closer to Souls from day 1 to leaks till the very reveal this day:-

https://www.indianvideogamer.com/forums/index.php?/topic/54953-elden-ring/&do=findComment&comment=2462080

It’s just that they are building a grander world this time with elements of past experience from BB & Sekiro 

It’s the spiritual successor to Souls franchise 

Edited by AnK

9 minutes ago, AnK said:

Souls Meets Sekiro Meets Bloodborne 

in an open world 

Me likey 

Gameplay looks more like improved and  refined  version 1st 3 Souls game than fast paced and very different Sekiro or BB.

Elden ring is open world Dark souls, hopwith better story and characters thanks R R Martin.

Edited by WhiteWolf

ELDENRING_01_4K.png

ELDENRING_02_4K.png

ELDENRING_03_4K.png

• ELDEN RING features vast fantastical landscapes and shadowy, complex dungeons that are connected seamlessly.
  • Traverse the breathtaking world on foot or on horseback, alone or online with other players
  • Fully immerse yourself in the grassy plains, suffocating swamps, spiraling mountains, foreboding castles and other sites of grandeur on a scale never seen before in a FromSoftware title.
  • Create your character in FromSoftware's refined action-RPG and define your playstyle by experimenting with a wide variety of weapons, magical abilities, and skills found throughout the world.
  • Charge into battle, pick off enemies one-by-one using stealth, or even call upon allies for aid. Many options are at your disposal as you decide how to approach exploration and combat. 

Elden Ring: A free upgrade to the PlayStation 5 version will be available for players who purchase ELDEN RING on PlayStation 4, and SmartDelivery will be supported for Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S. Source: Bandai Namco's Fact Sheet.