Elden Ring

Engineer

The best part of Elden Ring, though, is the open world. Exploring this game is sheer joy, leading to all sorts of discoveries both big and small. Here’s a small dungeon that ends in a fight with a giant cat. Here’s a massive tree that will grant you a seed to mix and form powerful elixirs. Here’s a teleporter that’ll send you halfway across the map, smack into the middle of a massive enemy encampment. My mouth dropped just about every 10 minutes—and that was before I discovered the mansion full of sentient floating hands.

Elden Ring is, frankly, a masterpiece—a triumph of interactive design that will make anyone who can appreciate a good game forget that Winds of Winter feels like it’s never actually going to come out.

1 minute ago, Mr. Comingle said:

The fact that 70+ game journalists were able to finish this is good news for my noob a*s. 

Skillup hasn't finished it yet and he suspects many other reviewers might not have finished it too, owing to how big the game is.