Elden Ring

Engineer

46 minutes ago, ΨΨ babloos ΨΨ said:

Just beat Roya lucaria boss.
Any suggestion for mid game level 62 respec little bored with my dual wielding greatswords with banished knight set

Why not go for a complete new build? Like say Int Mage or Faith Cleric Spellcaster? Or a Bow+Arrow Samurai build? Bleed Assassin Build? Rot+Poison Build?

There are far too many builds in this game. What are you in the mood for?

Be careful though. Larval Tear (Used for re-spec) is rare and hard to come by. Don't waste it only to find out you're stuck with a build you don't like.

Also you just beat Rennalla. To think - this is only the 2nd Main story boss. You still have plenty to do. Finish Radahn and you will unlock an awesome area. You should reach Radahn very fast since he's not in a traditional dungeon.

@Heaven Angel Mages can invest in Vigor. With a little practice, you don't need Dex at all. It's a waste stat. Even Endurance is not needed much. So primary for mages would be -

1) Intellect

2) Mind

3) Vigor

(In That order)

We also get spells that can stagger - like rock sling. This summons 3 rocks - where if even 1 hits, the invader gets staggered, and if all 3 hit while you do not block properly - you are either dead or almost dead. Even if blocked, the mage can re-cast it pretty quickly, before you recover your Stamina. The rocks also track the target. They don't even consume much FP. Add some Health flasks, and you're pretty powerful. If the opponent stops to drink flask, they will most likely die or lose a lot of health in the drink animation.

I've seen Mage PvP with 50+ vigor and 70+ Int (I'm not there yet). They are not going to get 1-2 shot. And they hit like a truck. Only thing - mages have to be mobile. They cannot stay in 1 place. If you're ready to be mobile - you have a very powerful PvP kit actually.

Edited by roun90

1 hour ago, roun90 said:

Be careful though. Larval Tear (Used for re-spec) is rare and hard to come by. Don't waste it only to find out you're stuck with a build you don't like.

They aren't too rare. I have re-specced once and have 13 larval tears in my inventory. And I'm still in Altus Plateau.

I think that should be plenty.

Of course, I guess you need to be exploring well enough.

Edited by STICK3Rboy

56 minutes ago, Jerush said:

@roun90 will that work against all bosses? There are a lot of extreme aggro bosses, and I believe you need a backup weapon in such cases. 

And str and Dex is required to wield a decent weapon

Are you playing a Pure Mage (Caster) or a Spellsword (i.e. Melee with magic)? If you are playing a pure caster, you don't need much strength at all. I think the most powerful staff in the game requires around 10 strength. An Astrologer starts with 8 STR and that's enough for even the 2nd most powerful staff in the game. Note: I can only talk about INT builds since that's what I'm playing. There are some swords that scale with INT, but I don't use those.

For bosses: You just need proper summons. Your summons will tank. If the boss is not paying attention to you - it is going down very fast. Rock Sling does not stagger much bosses. But the flip side is - bosses are rarely able to dodge all of the rocks. That means their health is going down pretty easy (Around 1/3 health per hit easy - even if you've not used your buffs like Terra Magica or Lusat's staff or something). Of course, I'm not even considering some spells you get later like Comet Azur. USed properly, that will 1-2 hit bosses the entire game.

@roun90 playing Fth build. Pure mage(dragon spells mostly), but use a sword as last resort. Was playing a pure spellcaster for long time but having a Fth scaling melee weapon makes the game easier for faster enemies in cramped spaces. Using the magma wyrm sword and it requires 24str 15dex.

Beat Malenia as a pure sorcerer build :D

I had reached her late night yesterday. Made a few attempts with my previous sword of night and flame build. Didn't make much progress and I had to get some sleep. Saw the patch notes when I woke up and they had gutted my sword. :cry: 

Respecced as a pure sorcerer and beat her after about an hour or so. It was easier than with my previous int/faith build lol. Comet azure one shotted her second phase.

Overall a very memorable boss. Not as annoying as Radahn and definitely didn't feel cheap or unfair. My favorite boss so far. I immediately wanted to fight her again after beating her. Sad that I have to wait till NG+. Gonna put my summon sign there for co op.

Edited by Nikushimi

I kinda got lucky that run because she did two flower bloom attacks in a row. Normally I get her to 60% during the first bloom attack in phase 2 and then she flies away. I got her down to the last hit a few times in previous runs, so I knew it was only a matter of time. She's not that bad as a mage. All you have to do is to survive and not get hit until she does a 2nd flower bloom attack. She wont survive 2 comet Azur blasts. 

Radahn was mostly annoying because the camera never followed him properly. I fought him as a pure melee and the camera made it hell.  

Edited by Nikushimi

40 minutes ago, WhatsInTheName said:

if a weapon has scaling on 2-3 attributes, does the damage stack up? like if I have a Str and Dex scaling weapon, does it make sense to add points in both to increase weapon damage or only one of them matters?

The significant change you'll see when you put points on str, but you'll start seeing the damage buildup later after putting few points on dex. As the weapon level increases you'll see it scales by putting points in both. That's in later levels when you hit soft cap. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, WhatsInTheName said:

if a weapon has scaling on 2-3 attributes, does the damage stack up? like if I have a Str and Dex scaling weapon, does it make sense to add points in both to increase weapon damage or only one of them matters?

The damage does increase based on the stats the weapons scale from. But the amount of damage increase depends on the rank of scaling. For example, for a weapon with B scaling in Dex and C scaling in strength, it’s better to put point on Dex than strength. But adding point in strength does increase the damage.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CarbonCore said:

I'm respecing to arcane build after seeing how blood builds are shredding enemies. Already have two blood katanas for dual wielding.

My favorite aspirational build

Also try dual wield Reduvia daggers, super speed, super bleed devastation 

Is there a way to get past Draconic Sentinel tree? I need to progress in my story now and unlock other areas but I am too under levelled I think. Tree Sentinel is mostly one shotting or taking 80% health in a single blow. I am at level 66.

Beat Radahn and finished Nokron. 

17 minutes ago, dante77 said:

Is there a way to get past Draconic Sentinel tree? I need to progress in my story now and unlock other areas but I am too under levelled I think. Tree Sentinel is mostly one shotting or taking 80% health in a single blow. I am at level 66.

Beat Radahn and finished Nokron. 

The one at the Altus Plateau at the back entrance of Leyndell, Royal Capital? You don't need to fight him. Take up the main stairs to the front side and go in the capital. You'll find 2 Tree Sentinel's there, Ignore them if you want too. 

You'll take another back door anyway to the Mountaintops of the Giants after defeating Morgott, The Omen King.

1 minute ago, roun90 said:

@Heaven Angel Did you get all the endings? Did you do all that in 1 playthrough? Or did you finish multiple playthroughs for all endings? Congratz on Platinum btw!!

Thanks, I got Frenzied of the Flame in a second playthrough. Kinda rushed towards the Leyndell, Royal Capital and got it. You can get that pretty early. 

• Thanks 1