Jump to content

Elden Ring


Engineer
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, rushab oswal said:

My only complaint is map markers. There is no way to switch between map markers.

Some time i put a marker forget to remove it. Now i have 6 markers but i dont the where the FXXX they are and i can't remove them because there is no shortcut for that.

 

2 hours ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Yeah. That's an issue for me too

 

If you are talking about beacons (The Blue Light you can set on the map), here is a trick I found online (which works) -

 

There can only be 5 beacons at a time. When you put a 6th, it erases the first one. So you can lay down 5 beacons close to each other, and erase them. This erases all beacons.

 

If you are talking about markers, them you can go to map, press square (on PS, I think it will be Y button on Xbox, which AFAIK is Square button equivalent) and click "Remove all markers".

Edited by roun90
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, roun90 said:

 

 

If you are talking about beacons (The Blue Light you can set on the map), here is a trick I found online (which works) -

 

There can only be 5 beacons at a time. When you put a 6th, it erases the first one. So you can lay down 5 beacons close to each other, and erase them. This erases all beacons.

 

If you are talking about markers, them you can go to map, press square (on PS, I think it will be Y button on Xbox, which AFAIK is Square button equivalent) and click "Remove all markers".

Thanks. This helps. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, roun90 said:

 

 

If you are talking about beacons (The Blue Light you can set on the map), here is a trick I found online (which works) -

 

There can only be 5 beacons at a time. When you put a 6th, it erases the first one. So you can lay down 5 beacons close to each other, and erase them. This erases all beacons.

 

If you are talking about markers, them you can go to map, press square (on PS, I think it will be Y button on Xbox, which AFAIK is Square button equivalent) and click "Remove all markers".

Thank you kind sir. You’re awesome.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, RV1709 said:

Welp! I bought this as a pre owner copy. Never played a souls game before. Tips?

 

Get an overview first by watching some Vati videos, the game is very much accessible to new players and less frustrating..

 

get used to this screen

 

Dark Souls Rip GIF by BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, RV1709 said:

Welp! I bought this as a pre owner copy. Never played a souls game before. Tips?

Right when you enter the open world, you will see a knight on a horse. You need to kill it to get a horse for yourself. Don't go anywhere else before you do this. 

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Right when you enter the open world, you will see a knight on a horse. You need to kill it to get a horse for yourself. Don't go anywhere else before you do this. 

 

I think @Overlord tried to do this. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, RV1709 said:

Welp! I bought this as a pre owner copy. Never played a souls game before. Tips?

 

1 hour ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Right when you enter the open world, you will see a knight on a horse. You need to kill it to get a horse for yourself. Don't go anywhere else before you do this. 

You can see my video if you want initial guide. It’s very easy, I could do it at level 9

 

 

 

45 minutes ago, Vaibhavp said:

 

I think @Overlord tried to do this. 

Not tried. Actually did. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, RV1709 said:

Welp! I bought this as a pre owner copy. Never played a souls game before. Tips?

Get the the point where you get an horse (Right after you get to open world go right and straight or watch a youtube video.

18 hours ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Right when you enter the open world, you will see a knight on a horse. You need to kill it to get a horse for yourself. Don't go anywhere else before you do this. 

Bhai usko delete marwaega kya game ??? XD Dont listen to him . get a horse than defeat him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

a rant…😂
 

Whoever thought having no quests journal or a simple written direction of active side quests in Elden Ring should be smacked on the head. 

It’s impossible to remember what any NPC said and what’s the requirement of their quests! I doubt anyone can complete most of them without settling for some online guide or something.

 

Plus, the vague cryptic dialogues of the NPCs and their lack of proper quest directions are just stupid. Give a flarking log!

For linear souls games that thing works. Because you will somewhat stumble upon the questpath. But not in an open world!!!

 

I hate how soulsgames intended that you should keep a journal for yourself and write down the details for all these cryptic quests and their requirements because you will hardly remember unless you are playing on a stretch. It feels like ‘who said what?’ That is equally a pain when in middle of these dialogues you can’t even pause the game, so you will miss their conversation and vague directions  because you had to open the door or attend a phone call or something. How hard it is to make a pause system available when you are not getting invaded and playing sp part. Demon’s Souls ps5 figured out how to do it. Why can’t FromSoftware?

 

These introvert japanese and their games where they basically are a shut-in and doesn’t have these requirements of life. These games requires your uninterrupted attention and chore of having a notebook in hand if you ever want to experience what the game has to offer. Funny how these things perceived as lack of features and accessibility for Western games but revolutionary for Japanese games. Yeah, hypocrisy much?

 

🤬

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Finally Done!!

 

Tc4OSrT.jpg

 

Age of Stars Slight Spoilers

 

 

My very first From Software Platinum Trophy!!

 

Have to say though - this is actually one of the easiest FromSoft Titles, along with Demon's Souls (If you are a mage). BB and Sekiro were far harder.

 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, SaiKO said:

Funny how these things perceived as lack of features and accessibility for Western games but revolutionary for Japanese games. Yeah, hypocrisy much?

 

I feel you're misreading things. There is no hypocrisy here. One of the main criticisms of western open-world games has always been the map being littered with question marks all over.

Also, I've seen many people complain about the obtuse nature of the quests in this game not working out very well in an open-world setting. I myself had this problem.

As for the lack of a pause button, I agree with you on it being a QoL issue. There's no reason for the game to not have it (at the very least in the offline mode). But I personally didn't mind it too much.

 

But the game isn't being regarded as revolutionary because of these things. People seem to be misunderstanding that it is being praised just for removing quest markers and question marks from the map. 

Yes, they have done that, but they've also created a world with level design that subtly guides you towards interesting stuff without slapping a giant arrow mark on your face. 

This gave me an insane sense of discovery, making me feel like I found something on my own without the game leading me towards it. And the fact that some of this stuff is easily missable makes it all the more rewarding.

 

It also helps matters that there is pretty much zero fluff in this world. There's tons of variety in the things that you find and almost all the side-stuff is high quality content that never ceases to surprise you.

It doesn't feel like a chore either where you're just ticking off boxes just for the sake of it.

 

Exploration is the main USP for me in open-world games and I always tend to go off the beaten path looking for side-stuff to complete. But this gets very repetitive in most of those games after about 30 or so hours because all of it is just copy-pasted content, and I feel like I'm doing the same thing over and over.

This was far from the case for me in ER because pretty much everything feels incredibly hand-crafted and curated. And the staggering contrast in quality between these games has become even more evident for me now that I'm back to playing HFW.

 

Edited by STICK3Rboy
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, SaiKO said:

a rant…😂
 

Whoever thought having no quests journal or a simple written direction of active side quests in Elden Ring should be smacked on the head. 

It’s impossible to remember what any NPC said and what’s the requirement of their quests! I doubt anyone can complete most of them without settling for some online guide or something.

 

Plus, the vague cryptic dialogues of the NPCs and their lack of proper quest directions are just stupid. Give a flarking log!

For linear souls games that thing works. Because you will somewhat stumble upon the questpath. But not in an open world!!!

 

I hate how soulsgames intended that you should keep a journal for yourself and write down the details for all these cryptic quests and their requirements because you will hardly remember unless you are playing on a stretch. It feels like ‘who said what?’ That is equally a pain when in middle of these dialogues you can’t even pause the game, so you will miss their conversation and vague directions  because you had to open the door or attend a phone call or something. How hard it is to make a pause system available when you are not getting invaded and playing sp part. Demon’s Souls ps5 figured out how to do it. Why can’t FromSoftware?

 

These introvert japanese and their games where they basically are a shut-in and doesn’t have these requirements of life. These games requires your uninterrupted attention and chore of having a notebook in hand if you ever want to experience what the game has to offer. Funny how these things perceived as lack of features and accessibility for Western games but revolutionary for Japanese games. Yeah, hypocrisy much?

 

🤬


Jennifer Lopez Reaction GIF by NBC World Of Dance

 

this is so true 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, SaiKO said:

a rant…😂
 

Whoever thought having no quests journal or a simple written direction of active side quests in Elden Ring should be smacked on the head. 

It’s impossible to remember what any NPC said and what’s the requirement of their quests! I doubt anyone can complete most of them without settling for some online guide or something.

 

Plus, the vague cryptic dialogues of the NPCs and their lack of proper quest directions are just stupid. Give a flarking log!

For linear souls games that thing works. Because you will somewhat stumble upon the questpath. But not in an open world!!!

 

I hate how soulsgames intended that you should keep a journal for yourself and write down the details for all these cryptic quests and their requirements because you will hardly remember unless you are playing on a stretch. It feels like ‘who said what?’ That is equally a pain when in middle of these dialogues you can’t even pause the game, so you will miss their conversation and vague directions  because you had to open the door or attend a phone call or something. How hard it is to make a pause system available when you are not getting invaded and playing sp part. Demon’s Souls ps5 figured out how to do it. Why can’t FromSoftware?

 

These introvert japanese and their games where they basically are a shut-in and doesn’t have these requirements of life. These games requires your uninterrupted attention and chore of having a notebook in hand if you ever want to experience what the game has to offer. Funny how these things perceived as lack of features and accessibility for Western games but revolutionary for Japanese games. Yeah, hypocrisy much?

 

🤬

Uhh, dude you need follow certain steps!

 

Go to Google and search for 'what to eat/excercise to increase memory power'.

Follow it thoroughly. Without fail.. 

 

Good luck! 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, roun90 said:

Finally Done!!

 

Tc4OSrT.jpg

 

Age of Stars Slight Spoilers

 

 

My very first From Software Platinum Trophy!!

 

Have to say though - this is actually one of the easiest FromSoft Titles, along with Demon's Souls (If you are a mage). BB and Sekiro were far harder.

 

How did you managed that stupid dragon who always onesshots you in the end????

PS- I did beat him but thats another stupid design

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, rushab oswal said:

How did you managed that stupid dragon who always onesshots you in the end????

PS- I did beat him but thats another stupid design

 

Which dragon are you talking about? There are 2 Dragons that give trophies (Lich Dragon Fortissax and Dragon Lord Placiduax - however those 2 are spelled), and there are others that are possibly story related but not giving any trophies.

 

Anyway I was at Vigor Soft Cap (Vigor 60), so despite having Mage armor (Light Armor) - nothing was 1-shotting me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...