Elden Ring

Engineer

JAAuaeZ.jpg

Done with platinum.

Really good game with some minor bad things.

The Good

1) The combat offcourse lots of variety and ashes of war brings in more fun

2) World is huge , but isnt copy pasta, each area fells new. The capital , rivers . open areas feel so much good.

3) LOTS of bosses. i mean a lot . you can find 15-20 just roaming around.

4) Boss fights are really really well done (Except 2-3)

The Bad

1) Catacombs are repeated widely. less would have been better

2) Artificial jump in difficulty after reaching mountains. not worth the time to explore

3) Some bosses are annoying and can one shot you even on 40 vigor, that should not happen. Esp The final optional dragon and melina felt impossilbe to dodge.

4) No journal. (I just want a book with all npc dialouges recorded so i can just follow that) (this is a nitpick).

5) Dual bosss fights are just fillers .

OVERALL SOLID GAME AND MUST PLAY.

• Like 5

On 4/9/2022 at 9:16 PM, Heaven Angel said:

Uhh, dude you need follow certain steps!

Go to Google and search for 'what to eat/excercise to increase memory power'.

Follow it thoroughly. Without fail.. 

Good luck! 

Maybe soulsbros take these vague quests dialogues too important to remember over 2-3 weeks to 1 month of gametime on stretch and can afford to have their brainpower invested in. Not menial normal people like myself who cannot afford to game more than 1-1.5 hr a day after work and other life priorities. 

And thanks for your suggestion. I'll have some Branolia now. :) 

2 minutes ago, SaiKO said:

Maybe soulsbros take these vague quests dialogues too important to remember over 2-3 weeks to 1 month of gametime on stretch and can afford to have their brainpower invested in. Not menial normal people like myself who cannot afford to game more than 1-1.5 hr a day after work and other life priorities. 

2 minutes ago, SaiKO said:

1 minute ago, SaiKO said:

ok, calm down bru.. 

11 hours ago, rushab oswal said:

This.

When hes at about 25% health he shoots those beams , im level 42 vigor.

This was my kill of the Dragon Lord

The laser beams were easily avoided. The teleportation rush attack gave me some problems, but I found out -

1) You could see his shadow before he comes

2) if you keep rolling, you generate some i-frames, which saves some health almost always - unlike if you were not rolling (only running) in which case it is a 1-shot

Also congratz on the Platinum.

Looks like the ER Platinum/All Achievement Club on IVG has - 1 from Xbox, 1 from PC and 3 from PS4/PS5

Edited by roun90

9 hours ago, roun90 said:

This was my kill of the Dragon Lord

The laser beams were easily avoided. The teleportation rush attack gave me some problems, but I found out -

1) You could see his shadow before he comes

2) if you keep rolling, you generate some i-frames, which saves some health almost always - unlike if you were not rolling (only running) in which case it is a 1-shot

Also congratz on the Platinum.

Looks like the ER Platinum/All Achievement Club on IVG has - 1 from Xbox, 1 from PC and 3 from PS4/PS5

PS platinums don’t count as they were done by save-scumming 

only @Heaven Angel did it correctly on Xbox with multiple playthroughs - as the developers intended

1 hour ago, 0verlord said:

PS platinums don’t count as they were done by save-scumming 

only @Heaven Angel did it correctly on Xbox with multiple playthroughs - as the developers intended

Save scum everywhere, including Xbox (You can do it on Xbox, just look at reddit, they have detailed step-by-step how to do it). AFAIK @Heaven Angel got 2 endings by save-scumming and only did 1 ending on a subsequent play-through (which can be done in literally some 3-4 hours if you rush).

Frankly, it makes no difference. This is not like other Souls games. In one play-through, you actually unlock all endings legitimately. This is like Mass Effect 3. Finish all the steps of all endings, and finish off every single boss. At the very end -

1) Choose Option A for Ending #1

2) Choose Option B for Ending #2

3) Fast Travel to Another Place and Choose Option C for ending #3 (No combat and nothing else, literally just fast-travel)

And only 3 endings matter. Rest are all not even endings, but sub-endings. Do you remember Mass Effect 3? Choose Red, Green or Blue? It's the exact same deal here. There is no challenge left at all. No boss, no game-play, nothing.

NG+ is also no challenge in this game, because at stat-caps, you are so OP, it's yawn-worthy. And you can reach stat caps very easily in your very 1st play-through. There is no "legitimate" play-through at all. Only the very first play-through is "legitimate".

All Platinum Trophies are legitimate here, FROM just added 3 ending trophies for the heck of it. Ideally there should be only 1 trophy for reaching 1 ending. Others were not required and are a waste of IRL time.

Edited by roun90
  • Thanks 1

The game is impossibly huge, man. 

I thought siofra river was massive. Went to nokron and it kept expanding lmao. Kept jumping down and reached siofra, lol. Thought Ainsel River is small and reached nokstella. Apparently there is a coffin you jump into in Nokron to get to a whole new area. sh*t's wild. 

21 hours ago, roun90 said:

Save scum everywhere, including Xbox (You can do it on Xbox, just look at reddit, they have detailed step-by-step how to do it). AFAIK @Heaven Angel got 2 endings by save-scumming and only did 1 ending on a subsequent play-through (which can be done in literally some 3-4 hours if you rush).

Frankly, it makes no difference. This is not like other Souls games. In one play-through, you actually unlock all endings legitimately. This is like Mass Effect 3. Finish all the steps of all endings, and finish off every single boss. At the very end -

1) Choose Option A for Ending #1

2) Choose Option B for Ending #2

3) Fast Travel to Another Place and Choose Option C for ending #3 (No combat and nothing else, literally just fast-travel)

And only 3 endings matter. Rest are all not even endings, but sub-endings. Do you remember Mass Effect 3? Choose Red, Green or Blue? It's the exact same deal here. There is no challenge left at all. No boss, no game-play, nothing.

NG+ is also no challenge in this game, because at stat-caps, you are so OP, it's yawn-worthy. And you can reach stat caps very easily in your very 1st play-through. There is no "legitimate" play-through at all. Only the very first play-through is "legitimate".

All Platinum Trophies are legitimate here, FROM just added 3 ending trophies for the heck of it. Ideally there should be only 1 trophy for reaching 1 ending. Others were not required and are a waste of IRL time.

Thanks, I’ll be doing Xbox save scum then. All save scum is legit then

:rofl:

This was one of the harder fights for my strength build. Mf moved too fast to hit. At least she had low poise so I could disrupt her with my ash of war. 

Gargoyle twins also gave me a lot of grief

Beat this a**hole finally

Had to use a PvP summon for Mohg. Could've probably taken him alone but he was giving me too much grief. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 0verlord said:

Thanks, I’ll be doing Xbox save scum then. All save scum is legit then

In this case - yes it is. Gameplay wise there is nothing to justify "Not Save Scumming". Just ensure you do it properly and not corrupt your save file :) .

2 hours ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Believe it or not, this boss gave me more trouble than even the much hyped "Malenia, Blade of Miquella". I thought Alecto would be easy on your melee build, because the boss is a melee one. I had to literally dig out a new spell, that I never used just to fight this boss (Adula's Moonblade). Hardest one in the game for me.

Edited by roun90