Apex Legends

Engineer

Apex Legends is a free-to-play battle royale game developed by Respawn Entertainment and published by Electronic Arts. It was released for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One on February 4, 2019, without any prior announcement or marketing.

The gameplay of Apex fuses elements from a variety of video games, including Respawn's own Titanfall series, battle royale games, class-based shooters, and those with evolving narratives. Approximately sixty players are pitted against each other on an island in squads of three, with one player controlling where their squad lands. The squads then must scavenge for weapons and other resources to fight other squads, during which the play area gradually constricts in size until one squad remains, thus ending the match. The game also features care packages and the ability to revive your teammates within a certain amount of time. Communication with team members can be done through voice chat or through a ping system, allowing teammates to mark supplies, locations, and enemies with ease. The game features nine heroes to choose from (though three of them are locked by default), and features a microtransaction system for cosmetic items.

The concept for the game came to fruition during the development of a new Titanfall game, after EA's acquisition of Respawn in 2017. The sudden success of the battle royale genre prompted the developers to create one of their own that incorporates elements of the series, in addition to the concepts seen in games throughout the past decade. Following its release, the developers announced plans for cross-platform play.

Apex Legends received very positive reviews from critics, who praised its gameplay, progression system, and fusion of elements from various genres. Some considered it a worthy competitor to Fortnite Battle Royale, a similar game that had gained massive popularity in the previous year. The game surpassed over 25 million players by the end of its first week, and 50 million within its first month.

I dont have the coins yet to get Wattson, but all her abilities benefit the entire team, not just that player and I get a Wattson on my team pretty much every damn time I play so its honestly not bothering me. Happy playing Pathfinder/Lifeline.

Is there any video or tutorial which is actually teach me how to play. I am still clueless about playing this game, I guess I'm overwhelmed with so many options available.

I hardly last couple of minutes in the game and i just switch to any other game cause of frustration.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Well just keep playing. Practice makes you better. My team mates pretty much carried me in almost every match we played a month back, but now I'm eager to jump into random matches, and try to get 3-4 kills in every match. I've won 3 matches yet in Season 2, its not a lot but I feel Im getting better each time. 

I'll include some tips here for beginners to Apex Legends:

• The Mozambique is a crappy weapon, especially if you don't have the new hop-up for it introduced in the new Season 2 update. You'll find this weapon around in the first minute you land, but try to go for a better weapon.
  • In a game like Apex Legends having variety is key to winning more games. Have one short-medium range weapon and one long range weapon. I personally play with the R-99 SMG and G7 Scout combination, that is one SMG and one Sniper rifle. Another popular combination is the Spitfire LMG with the Wingman pistol.
  • Apex Legends uses 3 kinds of weapons. Most weapons use light or heavy ammo, orange and green in colour respectively. Shotguns use Shotgun shells, and a few weapons use Energy ammo. Familiarise yourself with the weapons and what ammo they use in the training zone.
  • Pick your legend(s). I used to play mostly with Lifeline, but now I'm a Pathfinder main. You can look up each legend and decide which suits you best. 
  • You'll find ziplines throughout the map, they carry you between the two points. If youre playing as a Pathfinder, you also have the ability to create additional ziplines.
  • A lot of items come in 4 categories: white, blue, purple, gold in that order. Purple armor is better than blue and so on. Upgrade as you find the better color.
  • Shield Cells: Blue Cells that can be used to recharge your body armor damage. You'll see two bars, one is for your health (which can be repaired by using syringes and medkit basically healing items) and shield cells restore your armor. 
  • There are 3 kinds of grenades: Frag Grenades, Arc Stars, and Thermites. Thermites aren't much good so I don't recommend looting those. I however recommend you use grenades as much as possible. They do lots of damage in gunfights. 
  • Now with regard to landing in a secure location and looting to find quality gear for the inevitable gunfights: I recommend you familiarise yourself with the locations in Apex Legends by watching this video: 
  • The above video is by Raynday Gaming, and he has a bunch of helpful guides you can also check out explaining all the different legends.
  • Since you're new I highly recommend landing in Wetlands which is mostly quiet, and you can generally loot in peace. 
  • If you do not want to die early in the game, do not land in Skull Town. You can see it in the video thumbnail on the right side, the area surrounded by a circle of rocks and bones.
  • I also recommend using some sort of a headset with a mic, or even earphones would work as you can very distinctly hear footsteps and gunfire in the game.

I know all this info might be overwhelming, but take your time. As you play more games, you'll get a better grip over something and most importantly have a lot of fun. 

I love this game a lot, and if you wanna play with me on PS4 add me at Chirag2001.

Happy Gaming!

41 minutes ago, Root said:

Is there any video or tutorial which is actually teach me how to play. I am still clueless about playing this game, I guess I'm overwhelmed with so many options available.

I hardly last couple of minutes in the game and i just switch to any other game cause of frustration.

Maybe these tips can help ^^

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Root said:

Drop skull town solo, away from your team. 

Get downed before getting a weapon. 

Open team chat and type - "gg sh*t team"

Quit before you bleed out or can be revived. 

Within a few games you will catch up to how 95% of the community plays. ?

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, funnyadit said:

World looks amazing.. Train addition is really fun, just missing Chaiya Chaiya soundtrack there.. :P

Had lag again today except few matches where hit register was good.. Not sure when will I be playing a smooth game of this..

Wait you too? Tho I had lag issues in Season 2 as well, so I was gonna get myself a better router for smoother internet.

PS- I still like Kings Canyon over this map to be honest.

9 hours ago, Chirag2001 said:

Wait you too? Tho I had lag issues in Season 2 as well, so I was gonna get myself a better router for smoother internet.

PS- I still like Kings Canyon over this map to be honest.

I play on mobile data by tethering it.. So real smooth gameplay is far fetched..

I like the new map because it's got so much variety in the way the areas are.. 

By playing or chasing a player perspective kings canyon would be more easier as there were simpler set of houses one could go into..

53 minutes ago, funnyadit said:

I play on mobile data by tethering it.. So real smooth gameplay is far fetched..

I like the new map because it's got so much variety in the way the areas are.. 

By playing or chasing a player perspective kings canyon would be more easier as there were simpler set of houses one could go into..

Yeah I also have to do that sometimes. 

Yeah thats true, but then again its seems more complicated as its new, Im sure we'll be back at it after two months of familiarity 

3 hours ago, Chirag2001 said:

Yeah I also have to do that sometimes. 

Yeah thats true, but then again its seems more complicated as its new, Im sure we'll be back at it after two months of familiarity  

Yeah time will make us familiar with it.. But its good addition IMO.. It feels great especially the mix of volcano , ice and greenery..

51 minutes ago, funnyadit said:

Yeah time will make us familiar with it.. But its good addition IMO.. It feels great especially the mix of volcano , ice and greenery..

Yeah true. I definitely like train over the ship, thats for sure.