Apex Legends

Engineer

Our Apex esports tournaments have generated approximately two times the average viewing audience of other top esports leagues.

LMAO. What other Esports leagues? Magic the Gathering? 

I quite like watching Apex Esports but the events over the last month had like 10-20k viewers tops. Tier 2 CSGO gets more than that. 

1 hour ago, Aftrunner said:

I quite like watching Apex Esports but the events over the last month had like 10-20k viewers tops. Tier 2 CSGO gets more than that. 

Think Overwatch and Siege. 

Apex is definitely not Twitch type game but viewership has been up by 75% in last 90 days. 31,378 average viewers. Though last 2 months have spiked Twitch viewership as everyone is at home. 

4 hours ago, Aftrunner said:

Do you mean the Apex Legends Global Series Tournament?

I never really watch streams and stuff, I never have that kind of time. If I did, I'd just play the game.

But I do watch Shroud/Jankz highlights on Youtube, its pretty cool to see someone drop 25 kills like its nothing.

First win as Loba!
Easy game, we third partied the last two squads, only had to kill 2 people.

Had a bunch of 1K damage matches and no wins, and we ended up winning like this hahac705745ce640bec10733646653730a80.jpg

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk

Edited by Chirag2001
  • Like 1

What servers do you guys usually connect for matchmaking on PS4 ranked games? 

I'm using Singapore due to low ping <40ms,. But teammates are mostly kids shouting in mics. Any good server with balance of player type and pings?

Also, mirage buff ... Wow . Enjoying it. I just play around with decoys than shoot :P

9 hours ago, Pacifier said:

I'm using Singapore due to low ping <40ms,. But teammates are mostly kids shouting in mics. Any good server with balance of player type and pings?

Also, mirage buff ... Wow . Enjoying it. I just play around with decoys than shoot :P

Bahrain gives me better pings than Singapore (60 vs 80). Also I tend to find players there are pretty decent. Not many people dropping solo, getting insta downed and then pinging their banner.

Had the best ever game on that, 2400+ damage and 8 kills. 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Pacifier said:

Usually Singapore, I get 35-45.

Late night matchmaking takes a looong time, so I switch to London, Frankfurt 1 or 2.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/17/2020 at 1:31 PM, Pacifier said:

On 5/18/2020 at 2:02 AM, gecko89 said:

Usually Singapore, I get 35-45.

Late night matchmaking takes a looong time, so I switch to London, Frankfurt 1 or 2.

I play on Singapore too, similar pings. But I play with a permanent squad now, so don't have to deal with randoms anymore.

But when I did play with randoms I get indians a lot. Its best to add friends who you played with, and then play with them as a squad permanently. I did that a lot. 

I havent hit the 10 kill mark yet, and I feel like my aim is getting worse xD. Will try London, or Frankfurt 1 and 2. Hopefully there arent people running around with an L Star. That pisses me off. 

Bruh f**k the Wingman. Ridiculous pocket sniper with high damage and crazy rate of fire. And they had to buff it with a SP hop up this season too. Every ranked game Gold and above is just people camping houses pinging you with that all day long. Kings Canyon is especially bad with that sh*t. 

3 minutes ago, Aftrunner said:

Bruh f**k the Wingman. Ridiculous pocket sniper with high damage and crazy rate of fire. And they had to buff it with a SP hop up this season too. Every ranked game Gold and above is just people camping houses pinging you with that all day long. Kings Canyon is especially bad with that sh*t. 

Problem is I didn't pick it up enough early on in the game, and I'm not good with that sh*t. I can snipe a kid if I have an HCOG, but if its close range I'm no good moving about and hitting my shots.

So I stick to the Carbine for long-range. Its good close-up too :) 

On 4/15/2020 at 3:02 AM, Aftrunner said:

Its really annoying that the challenges (daily and weekly) dont really have anything for support characters (revives, respawn etc challenges just dont exist). 

They heard you. My challenges this week were heal team-mates 10 times with Lifeline's Heal Drone, and also Respawn 5 Team-mates.

Also, the permanent squad is a lil annoying. One of them is pretty good, and he's always been a Bloodhound main, despite Bloodhound not being meta. 

But since he's good with the legend, I'm not complaining.

My other team-mate plays Loba or Mirage. They're both good, but then we don't have any support legends. I have to play Wraith or Pathfinder every time to get us better positions, though I wish to play Gibraltar. I think he's really good this season but can't help it

The bloodhound and lifeline Additions on PS4 is on sale at 10$ each. This gives you legendary skins of those characters + 1000 Apex Coins to buy a battle pass.

I am seriously considering the bloodhound edition given this will unlock a new Mirage S5 skin as well for me(since i am now at BP 25 level). 

17 minutes ago, Pacifier said:

The bloodhound and lifeline Additions on PS4 is on sale at 10$ each. This gives you legendary skins of those characters + 1000 Apex Coins to buy a battle pass.

I am seriously considering the bloodhound edition given this will unlock a new Mirage S5 skin as well for me(since i am now at BP 25 level). 

Yes, I got to BP Level 27 yesterday. Where is this sale pricing? I'm on an Indian PSN account ....

If one completes Season 4 BP, they can get enough coins for Season 5. I'll consider buying it if I can level up the BP more. I don't wish to spend on cosmetics....

@Aftrunner What BP Level are you at? Since you have the Battle Pass and you level it up to get it next season as well.....

9 minutes ago, Chirag2001 said:

Yes, I got to BP Level 27 yesterday. Where is this sale pricing? I'm on an Indian PSN account ....

If one completes Season 4 BP, they can get enough coins for Season 5. I'll consider buying it if I can level up the BP more. I don't wish to spend on cosmetics....

@Aftrunner What BP Level are you at? Since you have the Battle Pass and you level it up to get it next season as well.....

Its part of Days of Play sale in India PSN as well

Bloodhound

https://store.playstation.com/en-in/product/EP0006-CUSA12552_00-APEXBHDIG0000000

Octane

https://store.playstation.com/en-in/product/EP0006-CUSA12552_00-OCTBOX0000000000

Lifeline

https://store.playstation.com/en-in/product/EP0006-CUSA12552_00-APEXLLDIG0000000

Ohh thanks!
It's the same price as buying coins in-game, better to grab the extra skins and badges :)

I don't play Bloodhound ever as my squad mate is a Bloodhound Main, but I do play Octane and Lifeline quite a bit

After a bunch of good matches with 10-15 Squad kills, we won a game like this.

Rotated early, planned to gate keep the last 2 squads when they rotate. The end up fighting each other, and the ring finished it off.
We were just sitting up on a house set up with a Kraber and Longbow to snipe them as they coming running [emoji28]

32fc18a703c878056859fd039b43e5c7.jpg

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Pacifier said:

Finally this happened last week as all stars aligned. 

First 2k badge, that too in ranked.

Nicee! I don't have the 2K yet, my max damage has been around 1750 or so.

But after that game, I havent even crossed 1500 damage even in 5+ kill games. 

Trying to avoid straight fights and third party more often. 

Was this with randoms or permanent squad mates?

Not playing Ranked too often, played only 1 ranked game today but did end up winning :)