Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 1 & 2

Mysteryman

Campaign is helluva better that MW2/3 and I'd say on par with MW. Also I constantly see PC people with KB/M in Spec Ops and with controller in PvP. Game finds matches inside 75ms bracket which is a far cry from last year's shitshow. Crossplay so far has been a game-changer.

26 minutes ago, Mysteryman said:

And Ghosts. This Year’s COD score is at 83-86 so I presume that it will drop fast too. 

Don't count on it. The day one sales alone rumored to have passed every single game released this year, already making it best seller of 2019. Also expected to have biggest opening for any CoD game this gen.

24 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

Campaign is helluva better that MW2/3 and I'd say on par with MW. Also I constantly see PC people with KB/M in Spec Ops and with controller in PvP. Game finds matches inside 75ms bracket which is a far cry from last year's shitshow. Crossplay so far has been a game-changer.

Don't count on it. The day one sales alone rumored to have passed every single game released this year, already making it best seller of 2019. Also expected to have biggest opening for any CoD game this gen.

Great 

Will get it post diwali 

2 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

Can you manually select the servers you play on? ie Switch to EU if Asia doesnt find you games? 

I really wanna get this but I am worried even the PS4 will be a ghost town 3 months from now. 

13 hours ago, The Batman said:

Better to cancel and buy it from local vendor. GTS has it in stock. I hv cancelled mine. Cannot wait till Tuesday  

8 hours ago, rad2689 said:

It's available in gaffar for 4k

Yeah, amazon has been a real let down! They don't seem to understand what "pre-order" means. Complaints/ Twitter etc. only elicits generic messages.

My local store says the best price he can do on the Indian version is 4.5k and the one coming for 4k (which he can match) is the Hong Kong version, which comes in Chinese and English. He claims you can't do in game purchases with that one. I am not so sure about that. Is that a thing?

Wonder why people are so obsessed with Day 1 and quick deliveries. I have learnt the art of patience especially in the country like India. Delays and complaints are always bound to happen as infrastructure isn’t as good as in the West. Good things come when you wait and do research. 

Edited by Mysteryman

16 minutes ago, Mysteryman said:

Wonder why people are so obsessed with Day 1 and quick deliveries. I have learnt the art of patience especially in the country like India. Delays and complaints are always bound to happen as infrastructure isn’t as good as in the West. Good things come when you wait and do research. 

Can't say for others, but I would like to play the games during these Diwali Holidays, and not get it once the work week starts again. I understand the broader point of having patience and appreciating the remarkable technological feats that we are playing with in our hands.

However, at the same time one can criticise Amazon for messing up a "preorder" If my local neighbourhood market guy had it on Day 1, Amazon with all its resources could have done the same. (In fact the game shipped one day before release date (24th) - it's just that their logistics seem to have royally messed up).

As for waiting to see if a game is good, I agree. I don't buy digital because of this. I bought RDR2 digital wanting to play it the second it releases, also thinking the multiplayer would be great and I would be playing this for months, but it turned out differently, and I wish I had bought the disc so that I could have sold it off. I am not buying COD Digital for this reason at all. (I don't buy enough games to warrant sharing an account etc. with someone).

7 hours ago, Aftrunner said:

Can you manually select the servers you play on? ie Switch to EU if Asia doesnt find you games? 

I really wanna get this but I am worried even the PS4 will be a ghost town 3 months from now. 

Nah you can't. But the game runs a search based on ping so if you can't find people nearby it'll jump to EU anyway.

58 minutes ago, vebk said:

My local store says the best price he can do on the Indian version is 4.5k and the one coming for 4k (which he can match) is the Hong Kong version, which comes in Chinese and English. He claims you can't do in game purchases with that one. I am not so sure about that. Is that a thing?

On PS4 you can't do in-game purchase if your PSN country doesn't match game region. I can't do it with Indian disks because my primary PSN is US. This is blessing in disguise really so I don't mind lol.

58 minutes ago, vebk said:

Yeah, amazon has been a real let down! They don't seem to understand what "pre-order" means. Complaints/ Twitter etc. only elicits generic messages.

No idea about that 

Haven't purchased it yet 

Will let u know post diwali once I buy it 

9 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

On PS4 you can't do in-game purchase if your PSN country doesn't match game region. I can't do it with Indian disks because my primary PSN is US. This is blessing in disguise really so I don't mind lol.

I am in the same boat. My primary account is US, and I have Indian and Hong Kong accounts too (which are active but I don't really use).

So which version of COD should I buy?

25 minutes ago, vebk said:

I am in the same boat. My primary account is US, and I have Indian and Hong Kong accounts too (which are active but I don't really use).

If you really care about in-game purchases, MTX, CoD points and battle pass etc, you should buy the US version. 

1 hour ago, CarbonCore said:

If you really care about in-game purchases, MTX, CoD points and battle pass etc, you should buy the US version. 

No I tend not to do that. Also it seems Battle Pass is only about cosmetics, which I don't care about at all.

2 hours ago, vebk said:

You can buy US version if you want. And if you are ever interested in DLC, just buy a US Digital PSN Wallet Code Card from amazon.com/playasia.com/g2a/whatever, which ensures instant delivery.

If you are buying from a US Account though, just ensure that the state and PIN Code you put in is one where there is no tax on digital goods. No point in paying sales tax to US Govt. when you are officially not even a citizen there.

Edited by roun90

4 hours ago, vebk said:

Can't say for others, but I would like to play the games during these Diwali Holidays, and not get it once the work week starts again. I understand the broader point of having patience and appreciating the remarkable technological feats that we are playing with in our hands.

However, at the same time one can criticise Amazon for messing up a "preorder" If my local neighbourhood market guy had it on Day 1, Amazon with all its resources could have done the same. (In fact the game shipped one day before release date (24th) - it's just that their logistics seem to have royally messed up).

As for waiting to see if a game is good, I agree. I don't buy digital because of this. I bought RDR2 digital wanting to play it the second it releases, also thinking the multiplayer would be great and I would be playing this for months, but it turned out differently, and I wish I had bought the disc so that I could have sold it off. I am not buying COD Digital for this reason at all. (I don't buy enough games to warrant sharing an account etc. with someone).

If you look at the history of preorders in India, very few made the delivery target due to logistic issues. You don’t have to worry if the game goes out of stock. They are too expensive for the  Indian market. Only advantage of buying it early is a larger multiplayer base. If you wait, not only they will eventually become cheaper but also iron out glitches in some games for a better gaming experience. 

Digital and physical each has their advantages and disadvantages. For me I prefer physical since I can sell it off. Digital only when the game is cheap or not sold in India and hardly any money can be made. 

I had decided to cancel Amazon pre order and purchase it locally. Couldn't waste the holidays without a new game. 

The campaign is Amazing!!!!

Multiplayer is also good...getting the old MW series MP vibes...

This is one of the best COD in a long time and best campaign since BO1.

• Like 1

I thought it was always the rule to never order games online (Amazon/Flipkart) if you want them Day 1, GTS delivers them on launch day or you can pick up at the midnight launch for most games.

• Heaven Angel changed the title to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 1 & 2