Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 1 & 2

Mysteryman

Understandable considering how they portray the Russian army. Imagine if the game was set in POK, and Capt Price teams up with LeT leader to free the area from terrorizing Indian army chief there. The game would be (rightfully) insta-banned here. They even blame some of the atrocities US committed during Gulf war on Russians.

11 hours ago, Mysteryman said:

Oh God the Russians are review bombing the game in Metacritic. Pissed that Russians are terrorists. 

For any American made game you will have only 2 villains. Either the German Nazis will take villain spot or Russians will take villain spot. And it's not just the regime - even if there is to be a private villain - it will always be German or Russian (Uncharted Lost Legacy and Far Cry 4 being some of the very rare exceptions I can think of). For once I would like to see a Central Asian (Thai/Chinese/Korean etc.) being shown as a villain

15 minutes ago, roun90 said:

For any American made game you will have only 2 villains. Either the German Nazis will take villain spot or Russians will take villain spot. And it's not just the regime - even if there is to be a private villain - it will always be German or Russian (Uncharted Lost Legacy and Far Cry 4 being some of the very rare exceptions I can think of). For once I would like to see a Central Asian (Thai/Chinese/Korean etc.) being shown as a villain

Those are not central asians tho.

Central Asians are like Mongolians or Kazakhs.

You will never see a Chinese villain because of the large market of the PRC.

Russia is a tiny market for games so they bash it all day every day 

1 hour ago, roun90 said:

China will never happen despite them being their no 1 enemy. At best you might see some small time publisher do it or have a Chinese origin villain. Koreans happened with Homefront and the US audience couldn't digest it. every other Asian country is either inconsequential or on good terms with America to feature as villains except maybe our neighbours.

https://investor.activision.com/news-releases/news-release-details/call-duty-modern-warfare-delivers-blockbuster-opening-weekend

Top-Selling New Premium Game Release of 2019

Biggest Selling Digital Opening in Activision History

Set PS4 Record with Highest Digital Sales in First Three Days

Sold More Units in First Three Days Than Any Other Call of Duty Three Day Opening In This Console Generation

Biggest Call of Duty PC Launch Ever

18 hours ago, Jake said:

I'm playing the campaign on the x and the cutscenes seem to be stuttering and there are lip sync issues. Any one else facing this? 

I have not played this game on my x but there are reports of this game bricking x's of a few people. Be careful. You can search more on Reddit.

5 minutes ago, Jake said:

MP works perfectly, my Xbox isn't freezing or anything it just stutters during cutscenes

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

Maybe the stutter is the precursor to freezing and eventual bricking. IW has acknowledged the problem. So, I would wait for an update from them.

This game is pushing x beyond its limits.

Edited by codwapeace

On 10/31/2019 at 10:33 PM, Jake said:

I'm playing the campaign on the x and the cutscenes seem to be stuttering and there are lip sync issues. Any one else facing this? 

It is apparently an issue on the PC version as well according to DF. It is mentioned at the 18:39 mark in the below video.

• Thanks 1

The camping in this game is on a whole another level, holy sh*t. Ground War is the only mode where it feels like you can move around without being shot at from under the table or behind the door in a corner or from under the stairs or from inside the fridge. 

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

The camping in this game is on a whole another level, holy sh*t. Ground War is the only mode where it feels like you can move around without being shot at from under the table or behind the door in a corner or from under the stairs or from inside the fridge. 

Call of Claymore: Modern Campfare 

This game was designed for camping 

• Heaven Angel changed the title to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 1 & 2