Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

Heaven Angel

17 minutes ago, LordSpymaster said:
27 minutes ago, gecko89 said:
Is this resolved?
As far as I know ESRB is North American rating. If this upgrade is considered dlc then the mismatch might be the issue. I'm not 100% though, I had a similar issue with Bloodborne copy from US, could not download the expansion dlc because of it, but that was paid dlc.

Second opinion anyone?

No. Still the same. Even dropped Sony an email though I doubt that'll help much tbh. At my wits end now on how to upgrade.

If this is because of dlc and disc region mismatch, there is a workaround, though I've never done it, I know there is one. Something to do with creating another account and making primary . . something something.

Please do search online, might just work.

Edit:

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/support/games/upgrade-ps4-game-to-ps5-version/

To upgrade a PS4 game disc to the digital PS5 version, your PS4 game disc needs to have originated from the same country as your account for PlayStation Network.

Edited by gecko89

Okay so does this mean I basically have a wrong version of the disc? What region does India come under ESRB or PEGI? 

What's the workaround? I need to create an ESRB region account (UK?) , use that to find the upgrade, download it, and then play via my original account? Seems silly though. 

• 4 weeks later...
So sony replied on the mail and took photos of the case. Asked me to wait a week or so for their internal investigation.

So after a lengthy conversation with Sony and lots of mails, they said that the region difference was the issue.

Then I spoke to the SELLER MCube games since I had bought it (as a new piece for 2.7K) back in May. They said that they do import and sell outside region units when Indian unit stocks are low. They agreed to exchange my disc for the Indian region one and scheduled the pickup. Should have the correct disc in my hands in about a week or so. Lets see.

• 3 weeks later...

Finished the game on the PS5. As good as the 60FPS Performance Mode feels, the 4K visuals are so crisp that I played the final third of the game in Fidelity mode. Looked outstanding!

Some of the mid-game parts felt a little tacked-on which hampered the pacing slightly. The final third of the game is really good, though.

The direction (truly amazing by Stig Asmussen), VO, and overall polish is really good. Although, there were some minor glitches here and there. Nothing major or game-breaking.

Overall, a good experience. A solid 8/10.

Edited by VelivolusDas
Welp! Can't add spoiler tags from Chrome on Android.

• 4 months later...

Playing this now because I got annoyed with Nier.

The animations, art direction and audio design are so good! Really make this game feel like its a part of the Star Wars world. Giving you a little cute droid is also a fantastic addition. 

My only complaints are the level design and combat. The light saber just doesn't feel all that satisfying to me (unless its going up against another light saber). Using The Force is way more fun. I just unlocked Force Pull which it should make combat even more fun. Lightsaber hilt customization also feels kinda dumb as you barely get to see it in game.

In general I'm not a fan of metroidvania level design where you have to go back to old areas after unlocking powers so not enjoying that. 

Edited by dylanjosh

16 hours ago, dylanjosh said:

My only complaints are the level design

This is kind of my only complaint about the game but a huge one for me. The backtracking kinda made me drop this mid game.

16 hours ago, dylanjosh said:

My only complaints are the level design and combat. The light saber just doesn't feel all that satisfying to me (unless its going up against another light saber). Using The Force is way more fun. I just unlocked Force Pull which it should make combat even more fun. Lightsaber hilt customization also feels kinda dumb as you barely get to see it in game.

Same. Didn't enjoy the combat at all. Infact I lowered the difficulty after finishing it to get the platinum. 

20 hours ago, dylanjosh said:

Playing this now because I got annoyed with Nier.

The animations, art direction and audio design are so good! Really make this game feel like its a part of the Star Wars world. Giving you a little cute droid is also a fantastic addition. 

In general I'm not a fan of metroidvania level design where you have to go back to old areas after unlocking powers so not enjoying that. 

Lightsaber is more lightbaton that you beat people with. Its amazing how the Jedi Knight series still has the best depiction of lightsaber combat that no one managed to top yet. Every other game treats it either like a sword or a baton.

• Like 1

Marathon'd it today and finished the game. That last boss battle with the Second Sister is a tough one oh boy.

I really liked the story. All the characters are great, though one character joins your team very late, she could have had more involvement earlier.

Also doesn't make sense why someone with her powers just sits inside the ship instead of helping Cal. Hopefully she's more present in the next game. 

The combat gets more fun once you unlock the double sided lightsaber. I recommend everyone to go to Dathomir early on and get it. Use this guide

I also recommend just using a guide if the level design gets annoying. 

Overall I would still recommend this game, despite the shortcomings. Star Wars fans should definitely play it. 

Edited by dylanjosh

1 hour ago, dylanjosh said:

Marathon'd it today and finished the game. That last boss battle with the Second Sister is a tough one oh boy.

I really liked the story. All the characters are great, though one character joins your team very late, she could have had more involvement earlier.

Also doesn't make sense why someone with her powers just sits inside the ship instead of helping Cal. Hopefully she's more present in the next game. 

The combat gets more fun once you unlock the double sided lightsaber. I recommend everyone to go to Dathomir early on and get it. Use this guide

I also recommend just using a guide if the level design gets annoying. 

Overall I would still recommend this game, despite the shortcomings. Star Wars fans should definitely play it. 

SX?

• 4 weeks later...