Ask The Experts

Chaztin

Guys is this converter good?? For 129INR..

http://www.amazon.in/HDMI-Female-DVI-Male-Adapter/dp/B017Q5UJWA/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1453036650&sr=8-7&keywords=DVI+to+HDMI

Is this the best price for the product , I am not able to find better price than this..

Considering you have to shed out extra 40 in case of buying below 499 that makes it a bit costlier at 169..

Edited by funnyadit

Hey guys I need some help in deciding which laptop to buy from US.

I need the laptop for work and general use only.

Any suggestions on what I should opt for?

I would suggest you at least go for a Core i5 processor with minimum 4 Gb ram (8 Gb would be better) and at least a system with 1 TB HDD space :) Rest depends upon your choice :)

Got the DVI to HDMI adapter but when connected shows "Check Signal"..What to do??

Max resolution of monitor is 1366*768..

The icon shows that as an analogue signal instead of DVI...Is that right??

I have pressed the power button till the single beep to get the PS3 to recognise the resolution of the monitor but nothing..

The adapter has 24pin DVI side, can that be the issue??Should it be 18 pin DVI??

Repeat question but need updated advice.

Need suggestions for a mechanical keyboard. Cherry MX Brown keys preferably but Red is also fine.

I will be buying it from SP Road, Bangalore. And am planning to buy it tomorrow.

I have a TVS mechanical keyboard and while it is decent, i want something better. I am using a logitech K260 wireless keyboard currently. Do not want to buy the RGB gaming ones because I find that they are too expensive for little fluff. However would prefer a backlit keyboard. Just need suggestions for a good reliable keyboard. I am willing to spend 5k - 7k, may be a little bit more if required.

Could not find Corsair K series from the guy I regularly buy from. He said that the Corsair K series is not available in the market currently and asked me to call in Feb 10-14. He only had Razer Black Widow mechanical keyboard and I decided to pass on that. No cooler master either.

I was wondering if you (or any others) know if this is true and that it is hard to get the Corsair keyboards. The guy I buy from runs a pretty decent shop in SP Road and they all buy from each other - only the final price varies. So if he says it is not in market it is likely to be true.

^ Must be waiting for fresh stock.

We (that is Cooler Master) will be bringing fresh stocks only in March-April from our new line up of keyboards but do not quote me on this.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Not sure if this is the right topic, but requesting some pretty basic knowledge on Wireless Routers from Experts here. Here's is the story:

I have recently upgraded to the 125 GB 100 Mbps/2Mbps post FUP plan for ACT in Bangalore. Been using a TP-LINK TL-WR740N 150Mbps Wireless N Router for the last 2 yrs with ACT.

However, noticed an odd downgrade in speed after some days. After checking speedtest, found that the speed is around 17-18 Mbps when only one device is connected and with multiple devices the speed goes below 5 Mbps consistently. Never bothered to check this when I had a 50 Mbps connection. So, I called up ACT guy and they flat out told me that it is a router issue since a direct LAN connection to my laptop consistently showed about 90 Mbps on average (tested through 2-3 days). Considering that the router is 2 Years old, I checked my connection with a same model, relatively new, router my friend has and found the issue to be persistent. The laptops with which I have checked are fairly new (e.g Lenovo Y510P 2014), so I highly doubt that there is a limitation in my Laptop's WIFI device. To see if this is a wireless issue with the laptop, as suggested by some forums, I installed speedtest app on my Oneplus and found similar speeds (a bit higher roundabout 20 Mbps).

After a quick research, I see that some folks are suggesting to buy those super expensive Dual Band routers (e.g. Linksys EA3500 N750 Dual-Band Smart Wi-Fi Router). This does not seem to be a sure shot solution though, since it did not resolve everyone's issue. Please advice if this is a Wireless Router limitation that I am facing? If so, please suggest routers that can at least match the 100 Mbps direct LAN connection.

Edited by Arj_Gamer_2012

Not sure if this is the right topic, but requesting some pretty basic knowledge on Wireless Routers from Experts here. Here's is the story:
I have recently upgraded to the 125 GB 100 Mbps/2Mbps post FUP plan for ACT in Bangalore. Been using a TP-LINK TL-WR740N 150Mbps Wireless N Router for the last 2 yrs with ACT.
However, noticed an odd downgrade in speed after some days. After checking speedtest, found that the speed is around 17-18 Mbps when only one device is connected and with multiple devices the speed goes below 5 Mbps consistently. Never bothered to check this when I had a 50 Mbps connection. So, I called up ACT guy and they flat out told me that it is a router issue since a direct LAN connection to my laptop consistently showed about 90 Mbps on average (tested through 2-3 days). Considering that the router is 2 Years old, I checked my connection with a same model, relatively new, router my friend has and found the issue to be persistent. The laptops with which I have checked are fairly new (e.g Lenovo Y510P 2014), so I highly doubt that there is a limitation in my Laptop's WIFI device. To see if this is a wireless issue with the laptop, as suggested by some forums, I installed speedtest app on my Oneplus and found similar speeds (a bit higher roundabout 20 Mbps).
After a quick research, I see that some folks are suggesting to buy those super expensive Dual Band routers (e.g. Linksys EA3500 N750 Dual-Band Smart Wi-Fi Router). This does not seem to be a sure shot solution though, since it did not resolve everyone's issue. Please advice if this is a Wireless Router limitation that I am facing? If so, please suggest routers that can at least match the 100 Mbps direct LAN connection.

There are several factors for this.

Do you get slow speed even if you are getting more than 70-80% wifi signal?

Then it could mean you have congestion with other networks in your building.

Download this for windows. This tool will tell you how many wifi networks are around you, and which bands they use.

Then configure your router to use a band which is not used by these other wifi networks.

If this still does not solve your problem, get a dual band wifi router, and use a 5 GHz network setup, instead of the 2.4 GHz ones which the single band routers use.

But, please note that 5 GHz networks will have a shorter range around the house.

I use the N600.

Edited by The Wolfy among us