Ask The Experts

Chaztin

Don't know where to post this.. Figured since this is the experts thread so that's my best shot!

How to give feedback to a member through Tapatalk? I always have to login to my account at IVG using my laptop and then give feedback.

Can't I give feedback for sale/trade through my iPad using Tapatalk?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

is it easy to apply this thermal paste? i have never even opened my lap before, nor serviced. just used compressed air 1-2times

Applying thermal paste is easy, opening up your laptop would be the bigger undertaking.

Thank you for the suggestions. I have shortlisted Brainwavz S0 & Sony MDR-XB50AP.

I would suggest the former but I am quite biased towards the brand and I have never used the SONY IEM's.

• Like 1

Thank you for the suggestions. I have shortlisted Brainwavz S0 & Sony MDR-XB50AP.

Which amongst the above 2 would be a better option?

The XB series from Sony are pretty bass heavy and sometimes its overpowering. The S0 would be more balanced.

• Like 1

Finally, decided to give up on my single band TP link modem since it is seriously limiting my 100 Mbps ACT bandwidth. Need some help on selecting a good dual band N300 router under 4K so that it has good coverage for a 1750 sq ft area. I have as of now found two good ones - one for Linksys and the other D-link. Would appreciate if the experts can help me narrow down the choices

Edited by Arj_Gamer_2012

Finally, decided to give up on my single band TP link modem since it is seriously limiting my 100 Mbps ACT bandwidth. Need some help on selecting a good dual band N300 router under 4K so that it has good coverage for a 1750 sq ft area. I have as of now found two good ones - one for Linksys and the other D-link. Would appreciate if the experts can help me narrow down the choices

I'm not sure if the 5ghz wifi signal can reach corners of your house. I would suggest a repeater as well.

My house is a duplex and currently the main router is a Netgear WNDR3400. I then use a TP link Archer C20 to repeat the signal on the other floor. However somehow I was not able to get both bands to get repeated. Not sure why.

Anyway id suggest two Archer C20s. One as the main router, and one as the repeater. Each cost ₹2k. So works in your budget as well. If you're able to get the 5 ghz signal throughout the house with this setup, you won't need the 2.4 ghz signal ever again.

It's mindless getting an extra expensive router, when this setup works equally good or even better.

I'm not sure if the 5ghz wifi signal can reach corners of your house. I would suggest a repeater as well.

My house is a duplex and currently the main router is a Netgear WNDR3400. I then use a TP link Archer C20 to repeat the signal on the other floor. However somehow I was not able to get both bands to get repeated. Not sure why.

Anyway id suggest two Archer C20s. One as the main router, and one as the repeater. Each cost ₹2k. So works in your budget as well. If you're able to get the 5 ghz signal throughout the house with this setup, you won't need the 2.4 ghz signal ever again.

It's mindless getting an extra expensive router, when this setup works equally good or even better.

Interesting. This means its a tradeoff between speed and range. I already have two TP-LINK TL-WR740N 150Mbps router. Thinking if I can use one as a repeater. But the original problem of speed limitation will again come up because of my shitty repeater/router. Thanks for the input, will see the ones you suggested.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Interesting. This means its a tradeoff between speed and range. I already have two TP-LINK TL-WR740N 150Mbps router. Thinking if I can use one as a repeater. But the original problem of speed limitation will again come up because of my shitty repeater/router. Thanks for the input, will see the ones you suggested.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

A 2.4 ghz router will practically be only able to host speeds upto 15 mbps. Anything more than that requires a 5 ghz signal.

The TL-WR740N supports WDS, which will act as a repeater, but only for the 2.4 ghz connection.