Ask The Experts

Chaztin

Just now, DinJo said:

Herman Miller is now where in comfort of chair which I'm talking about we have Herman Miller for everyone at work but this is on another level I even asked to deliever home but they denied saying it's some bonding area so cannot take anything from there outside 

Office ka chair ghar pe:chair:

48 minutes ago, DinJo said:

I'm keeping a eye on Asus zenwifi Atx though it's quite expensive but future proof, also I heard some reviews and complaints from people on disconnecting devices with rbk 50

I did a telnet and changed the region to North America. According to Indian laws, the output is capped to a certain limit. NA region allows for a better throw. 

Going strong for over a year. No issues whatsoever. At any point in time, there are 15-18 devices connected to it. 

29 minutes ago, DinJo said:

Yeah since I had a medical reason 

Ouch? I also have slip disc. I know that's a bitch. 

Remiburse to a cap is an option bro? Although pretty sure the cap will be peanuts for the really high end chairs. 

42 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

I did a telnet and changed the region to North America. According to Indian laws, the output is capped to a certain limit. NA region allows for a better throw. 

Going strong for over a year. No issues whatsoever. At any point in time, there are 15-18 devices connected to it. 

Thanks will watch out in Amazon sale how much did you got it for and what speeds do you get to farthest point 

40 minutes ago, Jigsaw said:

Ouch? I also have slip disc. I know that's a bitch. 

Remiburse to a cap is an option bro? Although pretty sure the cap will be peanuts for the really high end chairs. 

f**k it still pains everyday have to take break every 1 hour can't even hold phone straight for 5 mins starts paining and unfortunately this winter is making it worse 

f**k it still pains everyday have to take break every 1 hour can't even hold phone straight for 5 mins starts paining and unfortunately this winter is making it worse 

I am also a slip disc sufferer. Here is some unsolicited advice  - Yoga + QI Spine Clinic (check if there is one in your city) - https://www.qispine.com/

Till last year I could not drive/sit for more than 1 hour at a stretch but thanks to Yoga I can now play 3-4 hours at a stretch without any pain. 

If there are some days that it starts paining I just do some Yoga for 15 mins and boom the pain disappears. 

Obviously get it checked by a doctor if it is really bad the only option sometimes is Surgery.  My dad has been operated twice his legs would go numb and if not treated on time it sometimes can lead to paralysis. :nerves:

Sorry for the OT.

2 hours ago, SuperT said:

I am also a slip disc sufferer. Here is some unsolicited advice  - Yoga + QI Spine Clinic (check if there is one in your city) - https://www.qispine.com/

Till last year I could not drive/sit for more than 1 hour at a stretch but thanks to Yoga I can now play 3-4 hours at a stretch without any pain. 

If there are some days that it starts paining I just do some Yoga for 15 mins and boom the pain disappears. 

Obviously get it checked by a doctor if it is really bad the only option sometimes is Surgery.  My dad has been operated twice his legs would go numb and if not treated on time it sometimes can lead to paralysis. :nerves:

Sorry for the OT.

Whats the cost for spine clinic you posted?

49 minutes ago, Snake said:

Whats the cost for spine clinic you posted?

Depends on your diagnosis and what is the treatment they prescribe. I had a 1 month treatment which included specialized machines and equipment on which they make you exercise. They also do physiotherapy as well and if required electromagnetic therapy if the pain shoots up your arms or down your legs. In total it costed me around 30-35k. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SuperT said:

Sorry for the OT.

Certainly this is not OT this the thread for all these. 

I had a major slip disc in C5 and C6 and was bed ridden for almost 1.5 months and then I had to give up gaming as well. I had to do so many exercises that I get tired and I literally gave up on that. 

For now it's doesn't pain if I'm sitting normally but keeping the phone up for long and sleeping in bad posture lead to bad pain in morning.. 

Also my wife is physiotherapist and she knows it's difficult to maintain though i keep applying ice and warm patch as and when needed. 

Certainly this is not OT this the thread for all these. 

I had a major slip disc in C5 and C6 and was bed ridden for almost 1.5 months and then I had to give up gaming as well. I had to do so many exercises that I get tired and I literally gave up on that. 

For now it's doesn't pain if I'm sitting normally but keeping the phone up for long and sleeping in bad posture lead to bad pain in morning.. 

Also my wife is physiotherapist and she knows it's difficult to maintain though i keep applying ice and warm patch as and when needed. 

Good to hear that you are recovering. Take good care of your back bro.

When I had slip disc in 2018 I had to ask my office to get me a chair for neck support f**k that chair is around 98k if you look at that chair it's very slim and doesn't look comfortable but that chair is ultra comfortable for 6+ feet people. 

I know. Herman Miller is the only reason I don't mind travelling 5 mins to office. 

They command that premium for a reason. 

They give you 1L chairs? Holy sh*t. Please hire me please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 1

Lol Herman Miller usually cost around 60k for a good chair we have it for all, but for special reason they provide special chair standing desk etc every big firm would do that 

Maybe the MMCs do. Indian ones definitely don’t and I can vouch for that.

Things like chairs come under the bucket of minimisation of cost and they would try to reduce it as much as they can with what they can get away (just shy of plastic chairs)

On 1/15/2021 at 4:16 AM, HundredProofSam said:

Does anyone know of a courier/parcel/carrier service for sending stuff from the US to India. I need to bring a headset, a book and a figurine from New Jersey to Mumbai.

DHL/UPS/Fedex are too expensive, so I'm wondering if there's any under the radar service that brings in parcels.

All the ones I found end up using one of these companies for the delivery. I have used 1GrandTrunk personally. Decent service, but not really cheap either.

https://www.1grandtrunk.com/international-shipping-usa-ind/

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DinJo said:

@Bird Bird Bird How is the range across thick walls? Thinking of getting one 

Decent. Depends on how many and how thick walls are you talking about. 

My main router is in the center of the house, and the satellite is in my bedroom, which is about 2 thick walls away. 

The backhaul and speeds are excellent. The main router is also able to provide range till my parking area, though it is not as strong, but workable. 

All in all, our house is around 2200 sqft, and there are no blind spots using 1 RBR and RBS (i.e. RBK 50). 

If you want DB values, let me know and I'll check sometime during the day. 

On 1/16/2021 at 9:35 AM, i_rock098 said:

Maybe the MMCs do. Indian ones definitely don’t and I can vouch for that.

Things like chairs come under the bucket of minimisation of cost and they would try to reduce it as much as they can with what they can get away (just shy of plastic chairs)

:ha:

My entire workplace is Herman Miller exclusive. Such a joy to work. But i hate commuting :(

1 hour ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Decent. Depends on how many and how thick walls are you talking about. 

My main router is in the center of the house, and the satellite is in my bedroom, which is about 2 thick walls away. 

The backhaul and speeds are excellent. The main router is also able to provide range till my parking area, though it is not as strong, but workable. 

All in all, our house is around 2200 sqft, and there are no blind spots using 1 RBR and RBS (i.e. RBK 50). 

If you want DB values, let me know and I'll check sometime during the day. 

Yeah want to see actual Speedtest results 

6 minutes ago, DinJo said:

Yeah want to see actual Speedtest results 

Speedtest results on a number of conditions, and none of my devices reach the full 500 Mbps capacity (difficult via a typical AC device). 

Typical speeds are around 350-400 Mbps via WiFi. Signal strength in dB is a better measure (also shows connection strength).