Ask The Experts

Chaztin

49 minutes ago, blitzkreiig said:

Guys, thinking of getting into star gazing and i need to buy a good telescope. Any ideas how to go about it, which one to choose. 

Star gazing from Noida/Greater Noida ? Kaise ? Our skies are super polluted, man. 

Lemme know your plans. I want in too. 

On 4/4/2021 at 10:26 AM, DamnWhatAreYouDoingWithAll said:

Thankyou!, I didn't even knew that. You may have just saved me. I asked them the same and yes it was an account people pass around on illegal trading groups.

Thankyou, such input was what I was looking for.

In general, it's hard to tell how well random sellers have taken care of these systems. Ideally buy from someone you know, or a place with a seller rating system in place (like IVG).

You may also want to look at CeX or GameLoot depending on your location. With PSN sales being as regular as they are, don't let bundled games sway your decision (especially if they're digital. Never ever buy or use someone else's account, on PSN or any other service). Those games can be had fairly cheap if you wait a bit.

You may actually be able to get a PS4 Pro at that budget if you shop around!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Star gazing from Noida/Greater Noida ? Kaise ? Our skies are super polluted, man. 

Lemme know your plans. I want in too. 

Valid point....still there are clear nights. Telescope to batao pehle.

I'm a novice but deep space interests me. Anyone who has an idea please guide.

1 hour ago, DamnWhatAreYouDoingWithAll said:

What do people want to infer from a CUH model number(PS4), when they ask for one ?

For instance, take CUH-2216A, what can one infer from it 'besides' Country of Origin, Size and Base firmware ?

Some models were infamous for jet noise, so most likely they don't want to buy those.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Does anyone here stay in Hyderabad or has any idea about staying there? I have to move there next month for a new job and don't know jack. 

Any pointers regarding decent localities to stay (not too far from my office) would be appreciated. 

I have a friend who shifted there, for work. Let me know where your office is and I'll ask him for a suggestion. He moved there almost 4 months ago.

4 hours ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Does anyone here stay in Hyderabad or has any idea about staying there? I have to move there next month for a new job and don't know jack. 

Any pointers regarding decent localities to stay (not too far from my office) would be appreciated. 

DM me. I live in Hyderabad

• 3 weeks later...

Any recommendations for a laptop for WFH ?

Budget - 60-70k (can stretch a little)

Top 3 Criteria :

- Good display (lots of screen time and work on excel with nos.)

- Should be very lightweight (14 inches or lower) I have a lot of client visits and travelling (obviously when situation is back to normal) 

- Decent processing required -  multiple excels/pdfs/docs open at the same time - all the time along with financial software sometimes

15 hours ago, SuperT said:

Any recommendations for a laptop for WFH ?

Budget - 60-70k (can stretch a little)

Top 3 Criteria :

- Good display (lots of screen time and work on excel with nos.)

- Should be very lightweight (14 inches or lower) I have a lot of client visits and travelling (obviously when situation is back to normal) 

- Decent processing required -  multiple excels/pdfs/docs open at the same time - all the time along with financial software sometimes

If your softwares can run on a Mac, the M1 is no brainer, specially if you can net one with a student discount. 

3 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

If your softwares can run on a Mac, the M1 is no brainer, specially if you can net one with a student discount. 

Unfortunately no, my office IT team goes bonkers seeing Apple, a colleague had just joined and had a macbook which he wanted to use temporarily they couldn't even figure out how to load basic MS Office and Outlook for him :wallbash:Also, he faced a lot of format issues when sharing files with us, the format would change completely of excel, ppts etc. So it has to be a windows laptop, my personal one at home is a Macbook Air which I love. Also, get well soon buddy read about it in the other thread. Wishing you a speedy recovery. 

Anyone with any suggestions ?

I have a question about taxes. Is there a law in India to include taxes in the price tag of consumables? In my experience almost all stuff in India include the taxes with some exceptions like for example restaurants. Some restaurants excludes taxes and service charges. Are they illegal? 

BTW excluding taxes are illegal in the EU. US prices does not include taxes. We used to compare their console and game prices at $499 and $70 respectively which is wrong as their actual cost is higher. 

3 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

MRP is supposed to include taxes, yeah. 

Restaurants and all fall into service category which is not required to include taxes in prices, I guess. 

Service charges are supposed to be voluntary and you can refuse it but obviously no one does that because you look like an a**hole. 

Yeah. Actually I have a dilemma about delivery tips. For deliveries from e-commerce sites and shops we don’t give tips but for deliveries via food apps like Swiggy, are tips encouraged? Swiggy get huge commissions from restaurants in addition to delivery charges but pushes consumers to pay tips even if they are voluntary. 

3 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

I don't tip normally but if it's raining or something, I give tips. Also, if I'm getting my meals reimbursed, I add tips because why not. Small scale Robin Hood sh*t.

Also, these days are difficult times, so I try to add tips.

But generally, I avoid it. Swiggy, Zomato instead of trying to guilt us into giving tips should pay their drivers better wages. 

True, it's exactly like US culture where every worker looks for a tip and you come off as an a**hole if you don't tip because tips are considered a part of their pay while everywhere else the pay comes directly off the profits of the restaurants.

Stupid, greedy Americans.

13 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

True, it's exactly like US culture where every worker looks for a tip and you come off as an a**hole if you don't tip because tips are considered a part of their pay while everywhere else the pay comes directly off the profits of the restaurants.

Stupid, greedy Americans.

In US, I would use that word “greedy” only to corporate overlords as the gap has risen multifold over the years. The US middle class is disappearing. Blue collar jobs like waiters are barely meeting ends meet with minimum wage and there are lots of stories about double/triple shifts and old people working to survive. This is the true USA. Unfortunately many Indians see USA from the Wallstreet or East Hampton point of view. So Tipping is generous there as the cost of living is higher there.

10 minutes ago, Chirag2001 said:

Guys, I need to order brown rice from amazon. any recs? Kohinoor, Daawat, etc? 

Have personally used and consumed Daawat's brown rice and I find it to be quite good. Can't say about Kohinoor.

• Like 1