Ask The Experts

Chaztin

3 hours ago, North said:

Currently reading Wheel of Time and loving every minute. Want to get a poster or some artwork framed.

But there aren't any art prints readily available. Is there some affordable service which can do a custom print if I can find some high resolution art?

Try Zoomin.

Guys, I will be starting with my work soon and I am looking to setup my work area.

So please suggest some good chairs and desks for the same. 

Don't really have a budget, all depends on what the product offers for the price.

Edited by KunjanPSD

Guys, I will be starting with my work soon and I am looking to setup my work area.

Don't really have a budget, all depends on what the product offers for the price.
Featherlite is very good but don't go for their basic range. I have an older model of this and it is very comfy and provides enough back support - https://delhi.featherlitestore.com/product/helix-high-back-mesh-chair/

They also have a range of tables you can check it out. This brand was suggested to me by my doctor since I have a slipped disc and need a good chair with back support for long working hrs.

I have been looking to change my family's (3 member including me) health insurance.

Current provider is Care (previously Religare) but I have been coming across many instances of them rejecting claims and straight up not even providing a reason for it.

Also, for the past 3 weeks I haven't been able to renew the policy because their portal just doesn't work and it looks like many are facing the same issue but all CC does is to direct the customers to their faulty website and if that doesn't work, they just apply a penalty for late payment and process it later.

So please suggest a better provider, preferably if you have used them personally.

Would like if the new provider can consider the tenure of the Religare's insurance as well, otherwise will have to start a policy from scratch which won't cover all diseases from the get go.

8 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

I have been looking to change my family's (3 member including me) health insurance.

Current provider is Care (previously Religare) but I have been coming across many instances of them rejecting claims and straight up not even providing a reason for it.

Also, for the past 3 weeks I haven't been able to renew the policy because their portal just doesn't work and it looks like many are facing the same issue but all CC does is to direct the customers to their faulty website and if that doesn't work, they just apply a penalty for late payment and process it later.

So please suggest a better provider, preferably if you have used them personally.

Would like if the new provider can consider the tenure of the Religare's insurance as well, otherwise will have to start a policy from scratch which won't cover all diseases from the get go.

New India Mediclaim policy. I personally never had any issues regarding claim also my insurance agent highly recommends only New India Mediclaim and he has faced zero problems regarding claims with his other clients. 

Last year friends mum got admitted to Colambia Asia Bangalore  due to COVID, she had 2 health insurance. One was Star and other was New India, the hospital insurance office took New India over Star and said why don’t more people just take New India as its fast and claim rate is very high. 

27 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

Star health insurance. Never had a rejected claim in my extended family. Even for bigger bills. 

On 7/18/2021 at 4:49 PM, KunjanPSD said:

Everyone's experience with different providers will be different. It'll be tough to find a single provider who's giving a good experience to all customers.
That said, start by comparing the premiums for different family members across similar policies by different players. And then see their % claims paid out (from their filings). Also see their list of networks hospitals for cashless claims in your city.
I would lastly check the wait period for pre existing diseases and bigger diseases like cancer.
This should help you narrow it down to a few names. I personally use ICICI and am happy af with their service and OPD claims of 10k built in the policy.

On 7/18/2021 at 6:14 PM, dante77 said:
What do you guys do to avoid as much tax as you can? Apart from health insurance, ppf and rent.

There's isn't much left tbh. You can try NPS though check the tax savings on it once.
For salaried people once we hit the max limits of tax savings, it's better to focus on investing money where the returns are tax free like life insurance (payout should be tax free u/s 10(10D), MFs which have no taxes on >1Y for equity, etc)

Edited by LordSpymaster
  • Like 2

On 7/15/2021 at 9:56 PM, KunjanPSD said:

Any suggestions for the desk?

For chair I am going with Featherlite as @SuperT suggested.

I've got a question about cooling for my PC build; Will it suffice?

Specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600

CPU Cooler: Antec A40 Pro Air Cooler

GPU: Zotac OEM RTX 2060

PSU: Antec Atom B550W

RAM: G.Skill Ripjawz 2*8GB 

Case: Ant Esports ICE 320TG (comes with 3 RGB 120mm fans in the front, and 1 normal 120mm fan in the back - room for more on top)

Do I need to add more cooling fans?

16 minutes ago, X0th3rm1k said:

I've got a question about cooling for my PC build; Will it suffice?

Specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600

CPU Cooler: Antec A40 Pro Air Cooler

GPU: Zotac OEM RTX 2060

PSU: Antec Atom B550W

RAM: G.Skill Ripjawz 2*8GB 

Case: Ant Esports ICE 320TG (comes with 3 RGB 120mm fans in the front, and 1 normal 120mm fan in the back - room for more on top)

Do I need to add more cooling fans?

Looks fine 

You don't need more fans

Honestly you don't even need a CPU cooler. If you can take that money and get a 2060 Super instead of a 2060, that would be great.

Edited by dylanjosh
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

Looks fine 

You don't need more fans

Honestly you don't even need a CPU cooler. If you can take that money and get a 2060 Super instead of a 2060, that would be great.

Alrighty.

And I can't do that, since I have all the other parts for my build in hand already apart from the GPU (which is in shipping right now, made the purchase before the weekend) and I couldn't get any other good GPU at a reasonable price within my budget before.

With Amazon sale coming next week planning to purchase monitor 1080p with HDMI and USB port no gaming it's only required for office work a good wireless keyboard was checking logitech mk345 not looking for mouse and a dual monitor mount. 

Please do share your recommendations and if people can share there dual monitor setup would help to plan out my setup 

On 7/23/2021 at 8:45 AM, DinJo said:

With Amazon sale coming next week planning to purchase monitor 1080p with HDMI and USB port no gaming it's only required for office work a good wireless keyboard was checking logitech mk345 not looking for mouse and a dual monitor mount. 

Please do share your recommendations and if people can share there dual monitor setup would help to plan out my setup 

https://www.amazon.in/MSI-PRO-MP241-Professional-Anti-Glare/dp/B08PF9632B/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=msi+monitor&qid=1627132295&s=amazon-devices&sr=1-4-catcorr

• 2 weeks later...

Can someone tell me if these keycaps

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B081K5DPWY/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A14CZOWI0VEHLG&psc=1

are compatible with this keyboard

https://www.amazon.in/Logitech-Mechanical-Keyboard-Lightsync-Customizable/dp/B084YX4XJP/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=g512&qid=1628150322&sr=8-2

Looks ok to me, but i might be missing something 

Edited by dylanjosh

Switched to MacOS. Its not bad, idk if II like it more than windows, but the hardware being a lot faster makes a lot of difference.

1. Control C, Control V doesn't work here. Can I enable it somehow? I need this.

2. I'm using it with an external monitor, KB+M. But if I close the lid, it goes to sleep. How can I fix it? I know how to on windows, but can't see the option here. 

3. My mouse feels janky on this. It was too slow before, so I increased the tracking speed, but it feels laggy and unresponsive now. Logitech M331 Silent Wireless Mouse. Working fine on my windows laptop.