Ask The Experts

Chaztin

On 8/9/2021 at 12:08 PM, North said:

You might also like to try Geeken. Idk if its better than FL, but I've been using this Geeken chair for 4-5 years now and its still like the day I bought it, very comfortable. 

They have a store in Sector-9 Noida, which should be somewhat close by. 

Geeken was OOS for most demo chairs. Couldn't try much. 

Also looked at Featherlite. Liked this one: https://delhi.featherlitestore.com/product/optima-high-back-mesh-chair/ but it's SO f**king EXPENSIVE. 

27k after 10% discount. 

Too expensive, man. 

Also tried Helix and others. Not so great tbh. 

3 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Geeken was OOS for most demo chairs. Couldn't try much. 

Also looked at Featherlite. Liked this one: https://delhi.featherlitestore.com/product/optima-high-back-mesh-chair/ but it's SO f**king EXPENSIVE. 

27k after 10% discount. 

Too expensive, man. 

Also tried Helix and others. Not so great tbh. 

You won't get anything decent for less than 20k. I tried everywhere. Demand & supply has completely messed up the prices otherwise I remember these going for 15k pre-pandemic.

Any good desk recommendations? I am planning to get one in a few weeks. Main use will be for work and study. Plan to keep one laptop, 1 monitor, 1 keyboard and 1 mouse on it. Plus a desk lamp. I'd prefer to keep wires out of the way so anything that has a place under the table for the charger and wires will be great. 

I want to buy the Mx Master 3 for work use but the problem is that my corporate laptop has more restrictions than Alcatraz and hence not possible to install Logitech's software on it. Will have to plead to IT security otherwise.

So wanted to know if the changes made on the software such as DPI speed, macros and button actions are stored in the mouse's memory or the software completely handles that side?

Because if it's the former then I can just configure the mouse on my personal machine and use it on my work laptop.

Please let me know if anyone has any idea.

51 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

I want to buy the Mx Master 3 for work use but the problem is that my corporate laptop has more restrictions than Alcatraz and hence not possible to install Logitech's software on it. Will have to plead to IT security otherwise.

So wanted to know if the changes made on the software such as DPI speed, macros and button actions are stored in the mouse's memory or the software completely handles that side?

Because if it's the former then I can just configure the mouse on my personal machine and use it on my work laptop.

Please let me know if anyone has any idea.

I haven't made any DPI changes, but somr default button behavior gets stored on the mouse (for example, clicking scroll wheel to open tabs in a new window), while some are software driven (like clicking middle button to close current tab). 

I've the same problem - work laptop with insane restrictions - but still the mouse ergonomics are worth it. 

On 8/14/2021 at 9:34 AM, LordSpymaster said:

Any good desk recommendations? I am planning to get one in a few weeks. Main use will be for work and study. Plan to keep one laptop, 1 monitor, 1 keyboard and 1 mouse on it. Plus a desk lamp. I'd prefer to keep wires out of the way so anything that has a place under the table for the charger and wires will be great. 

Where do you plan to keep cpu if below then you can use the old design woodish computer table should be available in most shops. 

You can check more designs here 

https://www.rifeindia.com/collections/desks

18 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

I haven't made any DPI changes, but somr default button behavior gets stored on the mouse (for example, clicking scroll wheel to open tabs in a new window), while some are software driven (like clicking middle button to close current tab). 

I've the same problem - work laptop with insane restrictions - but still the mouse ergonomics are worth it. 

Why do you have to use office laptop? I heard this from some companies makes life more difficult 

1 hour ago, DinJo said:

Where do you plan to keep cpu if below then you can use the old design woodish computer table should be available in most shops. 

You can check more designs here 

https://www.rifeindia.com/collections/desks

No desktop. Only a laptop with an external monitor.

1 hour ago, DinJo said:

Why do you have to use office laptop? I heard this from some companies makes life more difficult 

No access to any apps (outlook, word, Onedrive, teams etc)/tools/collab sites without office laptop. Can't even access webmail on personal devices. All managed via Mobileiron and tunneled through VPN on personal phone and tablet with restrictions. 

Office laptop is secured with network UN/PW, VPN and Pingone authentication. USB access prohibited. 

Need help on getting Bluetooth working on my desktop pc since it's not a BT MB I have 2 options either Bluetooth pcie card or external USB adapter wanted to people opinion whether is using this setup and with what device I primarily want to use with wireless earphones 

On 8/16/2021 at 11:29 AM, LordSpymaster said:

What's a good fitness tracker? Currently using a Fitbit Inspire HR. I'm not sure how comfortable the smartwatch trackers (the ones with large round screens) are since I wear the fitbit overnight for sleep tracking too. Budget max 25k. 

I use a Galaxy Watch 3 and its pretty good when it comes to fitness tracking. However, only downside is the 1.5 day battery life but have gotten used to it and doesn't hamper day-to-day activities. GW4 is out as well with the new WearOS but the pricing is yet to be out, probably will be close to 40k(for the classic version) and maybe around 30k for the regular one.

GW3 is extremely comfortable to wear though, especially with a silicon band. There is also the Galaxy Active 2 which was around 17k afaik.

On 8/15/2021 at 1:00 PM, Bird Bird Bird said:

Have you been encountering any issues with scrolling? I was researching about the mouse as I wanted to buy it as well but I read about it having very inconsistent scrolling like this one.

Also, guys are password managers like Bitwarden reliable and safe to store all our passwords? Any recommendations for the same?

Edited by Lazyboy8134

14 minutes ago, Lazyboy8134 said:

I use a Galaxy Watch 3 and its pretty good when it comes to fitness tracking. However, only downside is the 1.5 day battery life but have gotten used to it and doesn't hamper day-to-day activities. GW4 is out as well with the new WearOS but the pricing is yet to be out, probably will be close to 40k(for the classic version) and maybe around 30k for the regular one.

GW3 is extremely comfortable to wear though, especially with a silicon band. There is also the Galaxy Active 2 which was around 17k afaik.

Also, guys are password managers like Bitwarden reliable and safe to store all our passwords? Any recommendations for the same?

Thanks! What I'm reading about the samsung watches is that I would need a samsung phone to fully utilize the watch's features. Some features need the galaxy apps which are exclusive to samsung's own app store. Is this true & does this hamper your watch use (assuming you don't run a samsung phone)

1 minute ago, LordSpymaster said:

Thanks! What I'm reading about the samsung watches is that I would need a samsung phone to fully utilize the watch's features. Some features need the galaxy apps which are exclusive to samsung's own app store. Is this true & does this hamper your watch use (assuming you don't run a samsung phone)

You get a 'Wear' store which can be downloaded on any Android phone. I'm using a Samsung phone, so can't comment on any other functionality being missed for being outside of the Samsung eco-system.

4 minutes ago, LordSpymaster said:

So I currently use a s20FE. However before this, I used the watch with a OnePlus 7T. And honestly, the notifications were much more quicker with the OnePlus lol.

You get access to most of the functionality even with a non-samsung phone. I couldn't find any difference apart from that if you use a Samsung Galaxy phone, you can control the phone camera from your watch for free. Apart from that, couldn't find any difference. If there are any specific features you are talking about, please let me know! You can access the apps on the Samsung store on the non samsung phone through the galaxy wearable app itself.

If its the ECG and BP, then both are unavailable in India officially irrespective of the phone you use. However, there is a thread on the XDA forums through which you can get both of them. The BP you have to calibrate with a proper BP machine once a month. However, the reading is pretty accurate. Regarding ECG, unfortunately it worked at the start but now there is some issue with the ECG button in my watch so have to get it checked.

Plus GW3 looks absolutely beautiful :P

Edited by Lazyboy8134

1 minute ago, LordSpymaster said:

Thanks, 

See these threads on reddit, they talk about this.

Well Galaxy 4 is yet to be delivered as it launched a week ago. It's only on the pre-order stage as of now and yet to open for pre-orders here in India.

Firstly, ECG and BP will take time to come to India officially. That is, if it ever comes. The regulatory authorities have to approve it and that's why its taking time to come in many countries. As I mentioned earlier, I used a method on XDA(which is safe) to install the ECG and BP on both my earlier OnePlus and my current Samsung and it works absolutely fine apart from that ECG issue but thats a hardware issue.

When it comes to the Watch 4, I'm sure XDA will come out for a method to get ECG and BP on that as well but I guess gotta wait for the deliveries to start first. Afaik they're supposed to be delivered by Aug 27th or Aug 28th.

• Like 1

What about these features? The AC article mentions that even sleep tracking needs a Galaxy phone for these new watches, which is downright silly. 

Samsung Galaxy smartphone users will need the Samsung Health Monitor app installed on their phone to track data from the new 3-in-1 health sensor on the Galaxy Watch 4. More specifically, that includes historic measurement tracking of your blood pressure, blood oxygen level (SpO2), VO2 Max, irregular heartbeats, body composition, and even sleep tracking.

17 minutes ago, LordSpymaster said:

What about these features? The AC article mentions that even sleep tracking needs a Galaxy phone for these new watches, which is downright silly. 

Not sure about this tbh. Sleep tracking worked fine with my OnePlus on the GW3.

Samsung Health and Samsung Health Monitor are 2 different apps.

Samsung Health: Can be installed on all phones irrespective of the make and is the main Samsung fitness app. Contains Heartrate, cal, activity log, sleep tracking, etc.

Samsung Health Monitor: Currently it is only used for ECG and Blood Pressure. Not sure if it'll change for the GW4

• Like 1