Ask The Experts

Chaztin

1 hour ago, Lazyboy8134 said:

Have you been encountering any issues with scrolling? I was researching about the mouse as I wanted to buy it as well but I read about it having very inconsistent scrolling like this one.

Nope. No such issues. Happy with the mouse. 

12 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

This was the case with the early production batches but the current ones don't suffer from it.

19 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Nope. No such issues. Happy with the mouse. 

Thank you! Also any idea where we can get the mouse for less than 7k? Or is Amazon the lowest?

4 minutes ago, Lazyboy8134 said:

Thank you! Also any idea where we can get the mouse for less than 7k? Or is Amazon the lowest?

I have been waiting for a good price as well, amazon trackers say that it has went down to 7.5k but never really saw that price. 

8k is the usual price.

2 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

I have been waiting for a good price as well, amazon trackers say that it has went down to 7.5k but never really saw that price. 

8k is the usual price.

It was 7450 for quiet a lot of time. I had seen it quiet a lot but didn't pull the trigger because I was unsure about the scrolling issue.

Also, if I setup the mice and its gestures on my personal laptop, will I be able to use the same on VMWare as well? My work is on a cloud desktop through VMWare. Any idea about that?

7 minutes ago, Lazyboy8134 said:

It was 7450 for quiet a lot of time. I had seen it quiet a lot but didn't pull the trigger because I was unsure about the scrolling issue.

Also, if I setup the mice and its gestures on my personal laptop, will I be able to use the same on VMWare as well? My work is on a cloud desktop through VMWare. Any idea about that?

I am not sure about using it in a VM. As @Bird Bird Bird said, some features are saved in the mouse's memory while other require the software.

Not much documentation about VM usecase.

2 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

Suggestions for an all rounder laptop for 50k?

Needs to be used by an 8th grader, won't be gaming much except a bit of Roblox.

Not looking for excessively thicc ones.

Please suggest.

Got a mi notebook for my niece. My parents wanted to gift one for her bday and chose this.

Ticks all the right boxes. Relatively light weight, solid build, looks very nice with an anodized aluminum/metal finish. Do check it out.

Edited by l33tmaniac

1 hour ago, l33tmaniac said:

Got a mi notebook for my niece. My parents wanted to gift one for her bday and chose this.

Ticks all the right boxes. Relatively light weight, solid build, looks very nice with an anodized aluminum/metal finish. Do check it out.

Looks good but I am wary of Xiaomi. Can't trust them to not just suddenly start pushing ads on it in future.

Even then, the kid's parents won't go for Xiaomi, anti-china and all.

4 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

Looks good but I am wary of Xiaomi. Can't trust them to not just suddenly start pushing ads on it in future.

Even then, the kid's parents won't go for Xiaomi, anti-china and all.

Hmm. Got it. They dont push ads on the Mi Notebook though from what I know. Even if they do, its a windows device and you can easily uninstall any preinstalled software.

I still don't understand the anti China sentiment wrt to buying products. You effing cant buy any gadget in today's world without it being linked to China.

Edited by l33tmaniac

13 hours ago, l33tmaniac said:

I still don't understand the anti China sentiment wrt to buying products. You effing cant buy any gadget in today's world without it being linked to China.

True, I personally don't care about it but they do. They are okay with a product being manufactured in China but not by a wholly owned chinese company.

Anyway, will look at offerings from HP and Acer.

On 8/19/2021 at 10:56 AM, Lazyboy8134 said:

Also, guys are password managers like Bitwarden reliable and safe to store all our passwords? Any recommendations for the same?

Did you manage to finalize anything?  I started using Dashlane and got their yearly membership. Seem it is very highly rated and priced well for its subscription.  So far no complaints apart from their hit or miss auto fill functionality. 

I was hesitant at first but given that almost all bank logins have 2FA , I took the plunge into using the password manager.

I saw it first hand on how important it is to pass on such important info , if something untoward happens and with this method, you only need to pass on one login password. 

On 8/23/2021 at 7:21 PM, Pacifier said:

Did you manage to finalize anything?  I started using Dashlane and got their yearly membership. Seem it is very highly rated and priced well for its subscription.  So far no complaints apart from their hit or miss auto fill functionality. 

I was hesitant at first but given that almost all bank logins have 2FA , I took the plunge into using the password manager.

I saw it first hand on how important it is to pass on such important info , if something untoward happens and with this method, you only need to pass on one login password. 

Nothing yet, didn't research further. I am still scared about password managers lol even though everywhere I've read it has said that it is completely safe.

How much is the yearly membership for dashlane?

There are couple of weird blurry lines on my samsung led tv screen.

One line has been there for a few months, another one developed just a couple of days ago.

What could be the issue and how much would it cost to fix this? 

Will this keep getting worse in time? I don't mind using it as is, if it costs a lot to fix.

Its over 2+ years, so no warranty

model: samsung 43" NU7100

PXL-20210805-025458252.jpg

4 hours ago, Lazyboy8134 said:

Nothing yet, didn't research further. I am still scared about password managers lol even though everywhere I've read it has said that it is completely safe.

I've been using the kaspersky password manager that was part of the Kaspersky Total Security plan. Does the job reasonably well. Syncs across my PC and phone app. 

Edited by Walker
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Lazyboy8134 said:

Surprisingly cheap in INR compared to USD. I think i got the family plan for 750  (Annual).

I was also skeptical so didn't save banking related passwords initially, but started doing so later on after reading about how they store the passwords.

6 hours ago, DinJo said:

Why aren't you using Google passwords? 

This one also supports in-app password entry. Not just chrome. So even in android apps, it can do auto fill.

Also google already knows too much about me. Didn't want to keep all eggs in one basket.