Ask The Experts

Chaztin

11 hours ago, l33tmaniac said:

My PC currently has a Samsung Evo 860 SATA SSD. Planning to switch to a gen3/gen4 NVMe soon.

Any clue on whether I can clone the SSD to the new drive? I don't want to reformat and reinstall everything from scratch. 

Did the same using Macrium Reflect. Easy stuff. 

• Thanks 1

I use two phones, iPhone 11 Pro Max and OnePlus 7 Pro. I currently use AirPods 2 which I might keep or sell based on purchase decision.

Here is what I am looking for,

• in-ear buds
  • Little bass-y output for that thump in movies and music. (AirPods 2 is pretty flat/natural)
  • Something that is bed/sleep-friendly (Not must)
  • Overall good sound quality (Better than my AirPods 2)

I narrowed down to …

1. OnePlus Buds Pro
  2. Pixel Buds A-Series
  3. AirPods Pro

Suggestions? Budget is 17-18k (with card offers/festive sale price) but don't mind saving some money if I can without compromising on the mentioned criteria.

23 hours ago, Aercy said:

I use two phones, iPhone 11 Pro Max and OnePlus 7 Pro. I currently use AirPods 2 which I might keep or sell based on purchase decision.

Here is what I am looking for,

• in-ear buds
  • Little bass-y output for that thump in movies and music. (AirPods 2 is pretty flat/natural)
  • Something that is bed/sleep-friendly (Not must)
  • Overall good sound quality (Better than my AirPods 2)

I narrowed down to …

1. OnePlus Buds Pro
  2. Pixel Buds A-Series
  3. AirPods Pro

Suggestions? Budget is 17-18k (with card offers/festive sale price) but don't mind saving some money if I can without compromising on the mentioned criteria.

I would add the new Samsung Buds 2 to the list. They are available for around 10k-11k. Pixel Buds A don't have ANC so keep that in mind before buying. Also, Jabra will soon launch their latest lineup you can wait for those if you are not in a hurry. Airpods aren't really known for having a lot of bass. I have heard good things about the OP buds pro from a friend who has a lot of earphones. He loves the sound and the anc is pretty good acording to him not airpods level good but comparable. 

Edited by SuperT

1 hour ago, SuperT said:

I would add the new Samsung Buds 2 to the list. They are available for around 10k-11k. Pixel Buds A don't have ANC so keep that in mind before buying. Also, Jabra will soon launch their latest lineup you can wait for those if you are not in a hurry. Airpods aren't really known for having a lot of bass. I have heard good things about the OP buds pro from a friend who has a lot of earphones. He loves the sound and the anc is pretty good acording to him not airpods level good but comparable. 

Worried how much I can leverage features of Galaxy buds 2 on OP 7 Pro (not even considering iPhone to befriend it well). The features like EQ and all that will be Samsung phone dependent, right?

7 minutes ago, Aercy said:

Worried how much I can leverage features of Galaxy buds 2 on OP 7 Pro (not even considering iPhone to befriend it well). The features like EQ and all that will be Samsung phone dependent, right?

As per reviews Buds 2 is pretty generic and inferior to both OP Buds Pro and Pixel Buds A-Series in general (sound quality and mic performance + ANC). So that’s out 

3 minutes ago, him2anshu said:

I don't have any other suggestions or recommendations, but I am using AirPods Pro and they are not a fit for your preferences.

Saw you have an ATH-M50X, have you tried it with you iPhone? Was it able to drive it well?

10 hours ago, Aercy said:

If you have an android phone then no problem but yeah, you wont be able to use the features on an iPhone. You will have to use an Android phone every time to make any changes to the EQ.

10 hours ago, Aercy said:

As per reviews Buds 2 is pretty generic and inferior to both OP Buds Pro and Pixel Buds A-Series in general (sound quality and mic performance + ANC). So that’s out 

I don't know what to believe anymore to be honest. There are reviews which say that the Nothing Ear 1 blows away the competition and is better than Airpods etc. Also, I have seen many positive reviews of the Buds 2 so yeah it is pretty difficult to know these days which is better just going by reviews. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aercy said:

Saw you have an ATH-M50X, have you tried it with you iPhone? Was it able to drive it well?

I have ATH-M50X but there is no 3.5mm jack on my iPhone and no adapter, so never tried them. I use them with iPad and Mac and they work flawlessly. 

2 hours ago, him2anshu said:

I have ATH-M50X but there is no 3.5mm jack on my iPhone and no adapter, so never tried them. I use them with iPad and Mac and they work flawlessly. 

Ok, thanks!

2 hours ago, Lazyboy8134 said:

Difference between studio monitors and a soundbar+woofer setup in the under 10k budget range? 

Will mainly connect to a monitor through AUX and would use it for movies/tv shows + PS5 + music at times.

Studio monitors will be neutral tuned, and generally the throw in budget studio monitors is more in the front, less on sides. 

SB+W setup is more mass appeal if you are not an audiophile. 

• Thanks 1

Guys - both phones are here. I had to unbox them for Flipkart's video recording done by the delivery guy - and now I'm confused about which is 64GB and which is 128GB.

Don't want to f**k up the setup and have to do it again 

They're both black iPhone 12s