Ask The Experts

Chaztin

I play online Apex Legends with my mates, on console (PS4).

On the log-in screen, I've started getting this Code 100 (Unable to complete EA Account sign-in) error. This does not let me log into the game.

Does anybody have any clue? My internet otherwise is working fine.

I tried changing my DNS settings on PS4 as suggested by some articles but that did not do the trick.

I can call my service provider, but because the internet is otherwise working - idk if he can do anything.

I can login in on mobile hotspot, so this is def something with my wifi I guess.

1 hour ago, North said:

On the log-in screen, I've started getting this Code 100 (Unable to complete EA Account sign-in) error. This does not let me log into the game.

I tried changing my DNS settings on PS4 as suggested by some articles but that did not do the trick.

I can call my service provider, but because the internet is otherwise working - idk if he can do anything.

I can login in on mobile hotspot, so this is def something with my wifi I guess.

(1) Any recent change you think would have triggered this. Ideally i would just say Apex server issue given their state of things but since you say it is working with hotspot , did you change anything recently before the DNS update on PS4.

(2) Check on router page and enable DMZ if that option is available, or just allow port forwarding for below ports 

https://www.purevpn.com/port-forwarding/apex-legends

(3) Its a sign from universe for you to stop playing this game and clear some backlog!! :P

• Haha 1

On 12/28/2021 at 11:36 AM, Pacifier said:

Any suggestions for Routers around 4-5K range? 

Any one has experience with TP LINK Archer series? Specifically looking between Archer AX10, A7 and C6.

bump. any advice guys.?

Archer C80 also looks promising with Gigabit support to be future proof

22 minutes ago, Pacifier said:

(1) Any recent change you think would have triggered this. Ideally i would just say Apex server issue given their state of things but since you say it is working with hotspot , did you change anything recently before the DNS update on PS4.

(2) Check on router page and enable DMZ if that option is available, or just allow port forwarding for below ports 

https://www.purevpn.com/port-forwarding/apex-legends

(3) Its a sign from universe for you to stop playing this game and clear some backlog!! :P

I'm an absolute network noob. I called my internet guy and told him I'm having a DNS issue.

The router was once reset before these issues started taking place. The 5Ghz band has stopped working as well - so it could very well be my router.

As far as (3) goes, I'm too far addicted to quit. I play this with friends as well haha

Thank you!

3 hours ago, North said:

Can you login to EA from your pc? 

Tried changing to wired network though it may be due to closed ports. 

Hello, I am looking for recommendation for a office chair with good lumbar support. My back has started for last couple of weeks so want to get it soon before it comes a problem. Anything in the range of 20K?

Edited by TheMonark

Can anybody recommend me some good (cheap) wired noise cancelling headphones that can be worn for long hours. Purpose - The plot next to my place has started construction work and it will last for at least a year and the noise is not letting me work or study. I have tried ear muffs/ear buds from 3M but they are not helping. Currently, I am using Airpods for white noise but do not want to overwork them. 

Budget - about 2-3K, not expecting long life, just want to use something that would last for next 1 to 1.5 year until the building is completed.

Hi guys. I recently bought the Gigabyte M27Q monitor that supports upto 170Hz refresh rate @ 2560 x 1440.

I tried connecting my relatively old desktop, with the video card MSI GTX 750Ti via HDMI, but refresh rate is stuck at 60Hz. I understand its a limitation via HDMI 1.4( Pls correct me if im wrong). The only other ports on the video card are dual DVI. I dont have a DVI port on the new monitor.

Also have an HP laptop model Elitebook X360 1030 G3, with which im facing the same 60Hz limitation via HDMI. The laptop has two Thunderbolt 3/USB Type-C ports out of which one is used for charging the laptop and a USB 3.1 Type-A port.

Pls suggest the best way (display cable and/or adapters) to get the best video and highest refresh rate on my new monitor. Do i have any way to experience higher refresh rate with the current setup?

Also, noticing stuttering if i play UHD youtube videos higher than the native resolution of 2560X1440p. How do i fix that?

Thanks.

On 12/26/2021 at 6:44 PM, DinJo said:

Need help building design choices for wfh desk setup. As wfh is going to be long term. Can people share there desk I searched a lot of desk all of them looked good but not sure I want to keep cpu on my table. 

I'm constantly trying to improve my desk setup too (WFH for life :D)! Whats your existing setup like?

I decided what all things i need to put and ordered Dual Monitor arm but this covid has blocked everything now.

In meantime i also want another monitor as my second monitor died

I already have this one , looking for only office use 1080p (23-25inch) if speakers/usb ports are there then bonus not a requirement

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B01GFPGHSM?asc_contentid=amzn1.osa.6b290462-279c-4197-a481-e08c40b7c9d7.A21TJRUUN4KGV.en_IN&asc_contenttype=article

Edited by DinJo
  • Like 1

Facing a bit of a unique problem with my Apple Airpods.

When using with Mac, only getting audio in my right airpod. No audio in left. But on iPhone, I'm getting audio on both.

Tried re-pairing airpods with Mac, but that didn't work. Has anybody faced this issue? 

On 1/7/2022 at 3:45 PM, him2anshu said:

Can anybody recommend me some good (cheap) wired noise cancelling headphones that can be worn for long hours. Purpose - The plot next to my place has started construction work and it will last for at least a year and the noise is not letting me work or study. I have tried ear muffs/ear buds from 3M but they are not helping. Currently, I am using Airpods for white noise but do not want to overwork them. 

Budget - about 2-3K, not expecting long life, just want to use something that would last for next 1 to 1.5 year until the building is completed.

You won't get good noise cancelling at that price. Also, noise cancelling is very bad when it comes to inconsistent noises like a hammer or saw etc. Noise cancelling is brilliant to reduce constant sounds like engines/air-conditioning. But if you play music with noise cancelling on some good earbuds (Apple Airpods or Sony) then it should definitely drown out the noises.

On 1/6/2022 at 7:34 PM, TheMonark said:

Hello, I am looking for recommendation for a office chair with good lumbar support. My back has started for last couple of weeks so want to get it soon before it comes a problem. Anything in the range of 20K?

After a lot of research, i got the Optima High back chair 1 year back, for gaming and working on the PC. 

Pros:

Sturdy construction.

Fit and finish is top-notch.

Smoothness of wheels is unmatched.

Tons of adjustability options.

No sweating due to mesh construction. Mesh quality is also great.

One of the very few rare office chairs with enough height and width support for 6'+ guys like me.

Cons:

Slightly on the expensive side if compared to regular market office chairs.

I realised that i do not like mesh support and prefer full support.

It is around your budget of 20K. Hope it helps.

Cheers.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SuperT said:

You won't get good noise cancelling at that price. Also, noise cancelling is very bad when it comes to inconsistent noises like a hammer or saw etc. Noise cancelling is brilliant to reduce constant sounds like engines/air-conditioning. But if you play music with noise cancelling on some good earbuds (Apple Airpods or Sony) then it should definitely drown out the noises.

Okay, I didn't want to overwork the earbuds since they are expensive and was hoping for a wired/cheaper solution. White noise + music does solve my problem most of the time but wasting Airpods batteries on this seem too much to me. Thanks for the help though.

Edited by him2anshu

I think my escape key is no longer working.

I bought this Macbook Air (M1) about 6 months ago or so, should be in warranty.

It used to work before but now its not working - I noticed because I use the escape key to exit the full screen on youtube videos. I tried one of the simple keyboard tests online, they support this. 

What can I do next? Does anyone know how I can get this fixed? I hope this'll be quick I don't want to send in my laptop for multiple days or something. I can survive without it for a while but want to get it fixed since I should be covered on this.