Ask The Experts

Chaztin

Hey Everyone, Can anyone recommend me pods costing around 7-8k, looking to gift to my brother on his birthday next month.

I have shortlisted Sony WF-XB700, Galaxy buds+, Jabra Elite Active 75t & Sennheiser cx 400bt. Watched several YouTube reviews but I would rather trust reviews from those who have used the above pods. Feel free to suggest any other pods too. Cheers :thumbsup:

14 hours ago, North said:

img%5D 

I'm doing as it says - but wtf why. should I be worried? I'm worried if I've lost all my data and sh*t.

The folder name needs to be PS4 - UPDATE - PS4UPDATE.PUP 

In fat32 or exfat format 

3 hours ago, DinJo said:

The folder name needs to be PS4 - UPDATE - PS4UPDATE.PUP 

In fat32 or exfat format 

Yes I followed the steps, set up my PS4 from scratch again. It was annoying to do, and I'm worried how this happened in the first place but no real loss.

I wasnt in the middle of any games so losing save files is not bummer. Have only played Apex Legends so just re-downloaded it. all my stats and everything are tied to PSN account. 

15 hours ago, niks_flashbullet said:

Hey Everyone, Can anyone recommend me pods costing around 7-8k, looking to gift to my brother on his birthday next month.

I have shortlisted Sony WF-XB700, Galaxy buds+, Jabra Elite Active 75t & Sennheiser cx 400bt. Watched several YouTube reviews but I would rather trust reviews from those who have used the above pods. Feel free to suggest any other pods too. Cheers :thumbsup:

“Pods” are only from Apple. Among the TWS buds mentioned, from passive experience, Galaxy Buds+ is better performance wise.

• Like 1

On 1/22/2022 at 11:12 AM, North said:

Yes I followed the steps, set up my PS4 from scratch again. It was annoying to do, and I'm worried how this happened in the first place but no real loss.

I wasnt in the middle of any games so losing save files is not bummer. Have only played Apex Legends so just re-downloaded it. all my stats and everything are tied to PSN account. 

Check again whether usb format is fat32 

On 1/21/2022 at 5:20 PM, North said:

img%5D 

I'm doing as it says - but wtf why. should I be worried? I'm worried if I've lost all my data and sh*t.

Okay so my PS4 works now but one problem lingers. When I switch on my PS4, I get the playstation logo on the screen and then nothing.

Then I cut the power off, and switch it on again. It does the usual drive check in case of power loss - and then it restarts and works this time.

found the pattern with trial and error. This has happened ever since I reset the PS4. 

Edit: Happened again just now. I pull the plug, and switch it on again - and I get the error in the photo above. Drive corrupted I guess?

Edited by North

Need to buy a wireless mesh wifi system.

What are my options?

There are:

1) Orbi RBK352, which is Wifi 6 but dual band.

2) Orbi RBK50, which is Wifi 5 but tri band.

I am leaning towards RBK50 as it has extra ports too and dedicated 5ghz band. 

Any other suggestions?

I think 1 router and 1 satellite should be enough, can anyone with experience tell me if these work through walls? There will be atleast 25-30 feet distance and  a wall/door in between the two.

27 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

What are my options?

There are:

Any other suggestions?

I think 1 router and 1 satellite should be enough, can anyone with experience tell me if these work through walls? There will be atleast 25-30 feet distance and  a wall/door in between the two.

In my opinion get a good asus router, if you need more coverage then get one more. Just ensure that that model is supported by Asus' AIMesh

I'm using the Asus rt-ax 55 and it is a brilliant router with great range sufficient for ~30 feet easily. Also very easy to set up as well.

25 minutes ago, abhi90 said:

In my opinion get a good asus router, if you need more coverage then get one more. Just ensure that that model is supported by Asus' AIMesh

I'm using the Asus rt-ax 55 and it is a brilliant router with great range sufficient for ~30 feet easily. Also very easy to set up as well.

But as far as I know, the routers will still interact over the same 5ghz band used for clients and hence the speed + latency will take a hit.

I don't think any standalone router comes with tri-band, otherwise I can get two of those and cover the whole area but it will still cost around 20k to get those while Orbi is 20k in itself.

8 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

But as far as I know, the routers will still interact over the same 5ghz band used for clients and hence the speed + latency will take a hit.

I don't think any standalone router comes with tri-band, otherwise I can get two of those and cover the whole area but it will still cost around 20k to get those while Orbi is 20k in itself.

They won't if you have a wired backhaul. What is the rough square foot area you are looking to cover, and on the same floor?

40 minutes ago, abhi90 said:

They won't if you have a wired backhaul. What is the rough square foot area you are looking to cover, and on the same floor?

No provision for a wired backhaul. Would have been very easy then.

Same floor, 4000sq/ft but the layout is such that the main router is placed at one end of the floor and hence two needed.

2 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

What are my options?

There are:

Any other suggestions?

Triband router anyday. You don't want the dedicated backhaul to interfere with your actual wifi usable signal. 

Using RBK50 for over a couple of years, excellent system. Do know that wireless 5ghz band is limited to 800 Mbps, so no gigabit wirelessly. All ports are gigabit though. 

27 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Triband router anyday. You don't want the dedicated backhaul to interfere with your actual wifi usable signal. 

Using RBK50 for over a couple of years, excellent system. Do know that wireless 5ghz band is limited to 800 Mbps, so no gigabit wirelessly. All ports are gigabit though. 

In near term I don't expect to go even near to 800Mbps, but maybe if I am thinking for next 5 years, should I spring for RBK752?

4 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

What are my options?

There are:

Any other suggestions?

I am using TP-Link Deco mesh system for over 3 years now, and it is pretty good.

Started with 2x Deco E4, added a M4 later as main Deco. Later replaced all 3 with M5s. 6 months back got Deco X60 with WiFi 6 and all, set as main deco, while the 3x M5s are nodes. I have even used wired backhaul for PC/PS5. Gonna be selling my M4s and buy X60 for parity. Otherwise all Decos work with each other.

Deco X60

Deco M5

I'm using RBK50 for last 10 months now and it's quite fantastic. I would recommend it over expensive 752 as practically you don't need speeds over 200Mbps on media device. Also don't go for asus router mesh system though they are good but range would be far better in pure mesh like rbk50

7 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

RBK752

While I haven't seen any reviews of the Wifi6 mesh (as I'm quite satisfied with RBK50), some things you should consider:

- Wifi 6 has a very short throw, so it's not practical for big houses

- Orbi does not let select seperate SSIDs for 2.4 and 5 ghz bands, so you're at the mercy of the router and pairing device when moving rooms on which band will it select (I had initial hiccups with this connecting some 2.4ghz only IoT devices, and had to temporarily deactivate 5ghz band to make them work). There are some workarounds using command line which might help achieve this, but I've read that a firmware update or sometimes a simple reboot undoes the process. 

- A good Samaritan early on helped me change the hard-coded region from India to US (needs basic command line knowledge) since every country limits the wireless power emission of routers, and apparently India's laws are stricter than US (hence changing region to US allowed for better bandwidth), and hence my results might be biased

- 4000 sqft is a pretty big area. Don't just go by numbers on these models - they're done in ideal conditions using wooden, thin walled houses. Indian homes with thick brick and concrete walls will block more bands/affect speed. I'm using the RBK50 on a single floor, 2400 sqft house, and it works fine. However, at the extremes of house, the connection does fizzle out. Since you're looking at a bigger sized house, I would urge for a 2nd satellite (Router + 2 satellites). 

You can also buy the satellite seperately, but that is generally costlier than buying a 3 pack. 

Another option is Ubiquity, but it'll run costlier + relatively difficult to setup.