Ask The Experts

Chaztin

19 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

These routers from Asus which tout 3000sq/ft too, similar to Orbi, any experience with those?

I don't think single routers can give the same experience as mesh, whatever they tout. It's just...physics ? 

Anyway, do look at Ubiquity. Prosumer stuff will work and last better than typical consumer item. If you are willing to spend, Ubiquity will likely work better.

Tagging @Shantz who has experience with them. I think he has moved to more hardcore networking stuff now. :P

25 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Anyway, do look at Ubiquity. Prosumer stuff will work and last better than typical consumer item. If you are willing to spend, Ubiquity will likely work better.

Ubiquity is too overkill for my use and with all the other expenses coming up, a bit too pricey as well.

I will mostly just get RBK50 when the sale hits.

50 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

Ubiquity is too overkill for my use and with all the other expenses coming up, a bit too pricey as well.

I will mostly just get RBK50 when the sale hits.

Did you check the RBK 753? Its the Orbi mid-range wifi 6 tri-band. I'm going to try and source this from abroad, will be around 25-26k

I am a bit worried about the 40 device limit though. I have many wifi based switches around the house, total count goes well above 50 at the moment. 

Edited by psinide

16 minutes ago, psinide said:

Did you check the RBK 753? Its the Orbi mid-range wifi 6 tri-band. I'm going to try and source this from abroad, will be around 25-26k

I am a bit worried about the 40 device limit though. I have many wifi based switches around the house, total count goes well above 50 at the moment. 

I have. RBK752 is similar and that's what mainly available in US as well. Available for 35k in India which is pricey. From US, you can get it for 26k.

I would have gotten it too if I were able to source it.

It does say 40+ devices but I don't think all the 50+ devices will be hitting it at one moment which is what I think they mean by the word "concurrent".

RBK50 going for 19k right now.

48 minutes ago, psinide said:

RBK 753

https://www.tomsguide.com/reviews/netgear-orbi-rbk752

Says it hits 500Mbps at 15 feet on AX, which honestly isn't that great. You will get same performance on a good AC router (I get full speeds (500Mbps) at same distance with Wifi 5). Plus it only has 2 LANs on satellite compared to 4 on RBK50 kit. Pick what you need best. 

I think if one's looking for Wifi 6, get the RBK852, else stick to Wifi 5. Wifi 6 is undergoing so many revisions that it's probably better to stay put till next upgrade cycle. 

Edited by Bird Bird Bird

12 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

https://www.tomsguide.com/reviews/netgear-orbi-rbk752

Says it hits 500Mbps at 15 feet on AX, which honestly isn't that great. You will get same performance on a good AC router (I get full speeds (500Mbps) at same distance with Wifi 5). Plus it only has 2 LANs on satellite compared to 4 on RBK50 kit. Pick what you need best. 

I think if one's looking for Wifi 6, get the RBK852, else stick to Wifi 5. Wifi 6 is undergoing so many revisions that it's probably better to stay put till next upgrade cycle. 

Wifi 6E is kind of an addendum to Wifi 6 to use the 6GHz bands.

RBK852 is wayyy too expensive even to pick up from the US. I'm looking for a solution for when my home will be ready to cover about 2000 sq. ft. The way floor plan is, I think using the RBK753 with 2 satellites should give me a uniform coverage through out the house. As for the LAN ports, I will use a switch to add more. All my wired devices will be in the living room, so just need one 8-port switch for all of them. I am also planning to get another switch to connect Cat6 cables which will run through the walls into each of the rooms. This will also help me get a wired back channel. Will have to check feasibility once the interior work starts.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, psinide said:

Wifi 6E is kind of an addendum to Wifi 6 to use the 6GHz bands.

This, it is separate and doesn't have devices supporting 6Ghz as of now whereas a lot of devices already are wifi6 capable such as PS5, iphone etc. For any new purchase I'd suggest getting wifi6 as even cheap routers have it

On 1/28/2022 at 3:44 PM, abhi90 said:

This, it is separate and doesn't have devices supporting 6Ghz as of now whereas a lot of devices already are wifi6 capable such as PS5, iphone etc. For any new purchase I'd suggest getting wifi6 as even cheap routers have it

I pretty much have decided on the mesh system I want but with that I need a great standalone router too for my sister's house

Any suggestions? Range is key.

8 hours ago, DinJo said:

Thanks why is the mx so expensive compared to belkin 

It’s made of aluminium, and 15A spike buster is not easy to come by (not there by Belkin). I needed to run my RTX2070 Super gaming PC along with 32” 4K monitor and 3.1.2 soundbar off the spike buster, so I needed the 15amp one.

Can anybody recommend good iPad repair shops in Delhi/NCR ? I need a battery replacement for my iPad, and have booked a slot with Rapid Repair. In general, looks good. 

My previous experience with some phone repairs in some shops in Noida has not been great.

Any other repair shops recommended ?

Hi fellow community ,

I am new here. First of all a big sorry if I am disrupting the community standards.

I am getting an Xbox one X from ❤️ .

I would like to know the options  about choosing a 27/24 inch 144hz gaming monitor or 32inch HDR10 Enabled Hd(60hz) ready TV.

My room is small and there's is 10 feet distance between the TV/MONITOR and my reliable sitting position.

WOuld like to use for streaming Netflix and  prime 

Putting more priority in Performance and  visual quality as well as viewing angle also.

Thank you 

happy Sunday 

22 hours ago, Thahir Sadik said:

Hi fellow community ,

I am new here. First of all a big sorry if I am disrupting the community standards.

I am getting an Xbox one X from ❤️ .

I would like to know the options  about choosing a 27/24 inch 144hz gaming monitor or 32inch HDR10 Enabled Hd(60hz) ready TV.

My room is small and there's is 10 feet distance between the TV/MONITOR and my reliable sitting position.

WOuld like to use for streaming Netflix and  prime 

Putting more priority in Performance and  visual quality as well as viewing angle also.

Thank you 

happy Sunday 

Forget about HDR10 monitors, HDR of an form isn’t good in most of the inexpensive monitors. If you are looking to spend 70k+ then LG CX/C1 48inch is a better option than any monitor.

Example of a new HDMI 2.1 monitor priced at 73.5k But it gas VESA HDR400 rating, not even 600.