Ask The Experts

Chaztin

19 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

Best productivity laptop between 80-100k?

Decent compute needed but not the priority.

Screen + trackpad are the priority.

No gaming.

Any suggestions? Or am I stuck with Inspiron 14/15? 

Any experience with Inspiron 15 Plus?

Can't find many great reviews but overheating is mentioned in some.

No gaming.

Pretty much all the work related laptops that I see have terrible screen. Trackpads are usually good. 

Even for a work/productivity. If you won't be using external monitor, then I would suggest a gaming laptop even if you don't want to game because the screen quality is beautiful in those. 

My current HP work laptop (office) have this whitish tone that I just can't get around. 

16 minutes ago, dante77 said:

Pretty much all the work related laptops that I see have terrible screen. Trackpads are usually good. 

Even for a work/productivity. If you won't be using external monitor, then I would suggest a gaming laptop even if you don't want to game because the screen quality is beautiful in those. 

My current HP work laptop (office) have this whitish tone that I just can't get around. 

Some suggestions please?

Don't want something bulky and AMD chips which are battery efficient will be good.

1 hour ago, LordSpymaster said:

What's the rule for carrying liquor via flights into Gujarat from Haryana? Since I'm visiting for 2 days, will I be allowed to carry it in? 

1 hour ago, Mr. Comingle said:

I don't think you can carry liquor into Gujarat. 

@Heaven Angelwill know more. 

Strictly prohibited, you'll be charged or even sent to jail for bringing alcohol without permit (6 months minimum and that too without alcohol). There are lots of procedures to get a permit for a non-gujarat citizen to consume alcohol in Gujarat and that too very limited. 

2 din ke liye bhi liquor ke bina nahi reh sakte kya? 

We don't even drink alcohol. 

• Sad 1

Pricing is just out of whack for these laptops. The new M16 starts from 1.8L and can't even find one. G15 not available.

XPS 15 not available.

State of electronics is just awful in India, might as well just get 13 Mac Pro M1 and call it a day.

No gaming.

Asus TUF series, even if you aren't looking for a gaming laptop. That thing is a workhorse and built like a tank. Dell isn't as reliable as it once was. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

Some suggestions please?

Don't want something bulky and AMD chips which are battery efficient will be good.

I don't have any suggestions sadly since it has been quite some time I looked for a laptop. 

2 hours ago, Mr. Comingle said:

ThinkPads have a pretty good screen from what I know. 

Yeah if they have good screen, he can go for that. I don't like Lenovo and Acer as a brand in laptop. Just my personal preference. 

2 hours ago, cyberpunk said:

Asus TUF series, even if you aren't looking for a gaming laptop. That thing is a workhorse and built like a tank. Dell isn't as reliable as it once was. 

I am using Asus TUF from 2018. 3 and a half years and this thing still works like new! No problems whatsoever. I had 1050Ti with i5 config. Bought it off in sale @60k when it was 80k.

Gaming laptops actually perform great for work conditions! Also, they get a lot of deals which work laptops usually don't get. 

Agree in Dell, used to be good. But my office friends and US client systems get lot of BSOD. BSOD machines are their new name. They just lost their credibility in recent times. 

3 hours ago, Heaven Angel said:

Strictly prohibited, you'll be charged or even sent to jail for bringing alcohol without permit (6 months minimum and that too without alcohol). There are lots of procedures to get a permit for a non-gujarat citizen to consume alcohol in Gujarat and that too very limited. 

2 din ke liye bhi liquor ke bina nahi reh sakte kya? 

We don't even drink alcohol. 

I wanted to carry it in for a friend's wedding. He is short of bottles. But i guess its not worth the risk anyways... :fear1:

1 hour ago, KunjanPSD said:

I've the same 16 inch. 

Pros: Super lightweight, good bright screen, excellent blacks, great battery life (8-10 hours with MSO), almost zero noise (I've never heard the fan spin), good FP reader, TB4 and USB 3.1 ports work as expected, build quality is superb (appears flimsy, but my daughter has dropped it a couple of times - not even a scratch), backlit KB, 16/17 inches give ample screen estate for spreadsheets, dual apps, EVO laptops have instant on etc. 

Cons: Screen wobbles if you're sitting under a fan with max speed (personally, it doesn't break any immersion wrt using the laptop - I just find it amusing), screen is a bit TOO vivid, HORRIBLE keyboard (IMO). The last one is the biggest con for me tbh. Since my usage is limited, I'm fine. If you're going to type a lot, f**k NO. 

Edited by Bird Bird Bird

1 hour ago, KunjanPSD said:

Well, the bezels are narrow if that's what you're asking. 17 inches is 17 inches. :slap:

14 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

I've the same 16 inch. 

Pros: Super lightweight, good bright screen, excellent blacks, great battery life (8-10 hours with MSO), almost zero noise (I've never heard the fan spin), good FP reader, TB4 and USB 3.1 ports work as expected, build quality is superb (appears flimsy, but my daughter has dropped it a couple of times - not even a scratch), backlit KB, 16/17 inches give ample screen estate for spreadsheets, dual apps, EVO laptops have instant on etc. 

Cons: Screen wobbles if you're sitting under a fan with max speed (personally, it doesn't break any immersion wrt using the laptop - I just find it amusing), screen is a bit TOO vivid, HORRIBLE keyboard (IMO). The last one is the biggest con for me tbh. Since my usage is limited, I'm fine. If you're going to type a lot, f**k NO. 

I will use keyboard but eventually, I will just use an external keyboard. For me, it is more about the overall package of the screen and the portability which I am not able to get in other brands.

By any chance anyone has any experience with the new Samsung Book 2 Pro/ 2 Pro 360? It is light enough, supposedly good battery, keyboard and trackpad but with 12th gen and great OLED screen. Touchscreen is a plus.

Where can I add a consumer complaint online? I ordered a S22+ for my sister on March 24th and it was supposed to be delivered by April 12th but till now it has not even been packed and Samsung is not replying at all, absolutely silence on mail/twitter.

@Bird Bird Bird You suggested some forum to file in the complaint?

1 hour ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Consumer court, you can file complaint online. I think it's the jaago grahak jaago website. Its very easy. My friend filed a complaint there, a guy called him got all details, followed up and got his money back. 

Btw i had the exact issue with my s10. I called up their customer care multiple times and got it eventually after a month. In the beginning, I was polite but then nothing was happening then I became an a**hole and it got sorted fairly quickly. 

Thanks. Filed with INGRAM, let's see what happens.

12 hours ago, DinJo said:

https://www.tin-nsdl.com/downloads/pan/download/Form_49A.PDF

Anyone applied for PAN for minor ? It has 2 sections for photo does Representative assess photo also needs to be attached ?And Signature ?

@Bird Bird Bird

Sorry mate. Haven't applied, but need to do so soon.