Ask The Experts

Chaztin

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/18/2022 at 10:26 AM, KunjanPSD said:

Where can I add a consumer complaint online? I ordered a S22+ for my sister on March 24th and it was supposed to be delivered by April 12th but till now it has not even been packed and Samsung is not replying at all, absolutely silence on mail/twitter.

@Bird Bird Bird You suggested some forum to file in the complaint?

Was this on Samsung Shop app?

52 minutes ago, mohit9206 said:

Was this on Samsung Shop app?

Yeah.

I even ordered a charger from them later and even that was delayed by a week.

I don't know why but both of them got delivered/shipped the next day of putting INGRAM complaint.

And the CC is horrible, doesn't reply.

8 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

Yeah.

I even ordered a charger from them later and even that was delayed by a week.

I don't know why but both of them got delivered/shipped the next day of putting INGRAM complaint.

And the CC is horrible, doesn't reply.

I have seen that an INGRAM complaint solves almost all the issues in day or two. 

what laptop bag should I buy? have started going for work/internship and my college bag doesn't have a laptop sleeve or additional padding and I take public transport.

Two criteria -

1. Laptop pocket (13" Macbook Air)

2. Looks stylish. Not looking for average looking bag, would look something stylish, leather would be pretty cool I guess. 

1 hour ago, North said:

what laptop bag should I buy? have started going for work/internship and my college bag doesn't have a laptop sleeve or additional padding and I take public transport.

Two criteria -

1. Laptop pocket (13" Macbook Air)

2. Looks stylish. Not looking for average looking bag, would look something stylish, leather would be pretty cool I guess. 

A lot of brands carry bags that have an additional laptop sleeve. Like you could fine one at places like Puma. Can also see AT, Samsonite etc but they'll be expensive. 

Does anyone have experience with passport renewal of a minor? I went for passport renewal of my 5 year old. There were no changes in address or any particulars but the application has been sent for PV. Is this normal procedure?

Last time, the passport was granted without PV even though it was a fresh application.

Edited by TheMonark

1 hour ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Is Aadhar mandatory for children to get passport ? I'm going to apply for my daughters, and all we have are birth certificates. They are 2 and 5. 

Not mandatory. Better to have Aadhar but it's not mandatory. 

Also, if parents have Passport and Aadhar. Then Birth Certificate is enough. Just don't forget to bring your and your wife's Aadhar and Passport. 

Edited by dante77
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Is Aadhar mandatory for children to get passport ? I'm going to apply for my daughters, and all we have are birth certificates. They are 2 and 5. 

I agree with @dante77 but I believe you and your wife both should visit the PSK. This time I visited only with my daughter and got the PV even though all three of us have the same address on passport, my wife and I have our names endorsed in each other's the passport, and my daughter even has aadhar. May be it was just bad luck or the officer was in a bad mood. In normal cases, PV is not required for minor.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/1/2022 at 5:42 PM, TheMonark said:

Does anyone have experience with passport renewal of a minor? I went for passport renewal of my 5 year old. There were no changes in address or any particulars but the application has been sent for PV. Is this normal procedure?

Last time, the passport was granted without PV even though it was a fresh application.

Just a fun update. Police verification was completed last week and got an SMS last Saturday that police has submitted a clear report. However, today got another SMS mentioning that "Police verification has been initiated and Passport has been granted on Post PV basis". I guess govt wants to make sure that my 5 year old is not involved with any criminal activity therefore they are doing both Pre and Post PV for the renewal. :D

On 6/2/2022 at 12:03 PM, Bird Bird Bird said:

Less than 4 year old Aadhaar is not mandatory. For the 5 year old AAdhaar in current address is mandatory along with parents passport and parents presence in PSK. 2 year old does not need to visit PSK but you can check with them. The 5 year old need to visit PSK for biometric and photo capture. Carry passport photo of both kids just in case.

• Thanks 1

Hey Ppl,

Any recommendation for free software/website to edit pdf files? i basically need to copy paste my signature to PDF files for next few weeks. 

Cant find any app which would let me do it for free, almost every one requires CC details for initial sign up