Ask The Experts

Chaztin

On 11/10/2022 at 8:51 PM, nishant872 said:

Hi Folks, I have a question regarding PSN ID and its usage. I have a email ID registered with PSN Canada with some digital game purchases in the past. Can I login using Canada PSN ID in India over my PS4 console, download games and play without any issues and/or breach of PSN policy?

you can. people here have accounts of more countries on there psn then they have games.

Hi everyone, buying a TV for the first time and a little concerned about the panel I might get. 

My question is - Do the shop owners let you test the specific tv set you are buying before making the payment? Ideally, I would like to test for dirty screen effect & motion handling via a Youtube video.

2 minutes ago, assassinofkings316 said:

Hi everyone, buying a TV for the first time and a little concerned about the panel I might get. 

My question is - Do the shop owners let you test the specific tv set you are buying before making the payment? Ideally, I would like to test for dirty screen effect & motion handling via a Youtube video.

Won't let you test. If you get a bad set then you have to contact them back or the brand.

https://www.amazon.in/Tp-Link-300Mbps-AC750-Range-Extender/dp/B00KXULGJQ/ref=sr_1_3?crid=CWDPRM62D4XI&keywords=wi+fi+extender&qid=1669565633&qu=eyJxc2MiOiIyLjkwIiwicXNhIjoiMi43NiIsInFzcCI6IjIuMzYifQ%3D%3D&sprefix=wi+fi+exten%2Caps%2C248&sr=8-3

Is this a good wi fi extender to pair with a first gen Jio Fiber router?

The router is placed on the 1st floor but there are quite a few weak spots on the ground floor. Looking for an inexpensive wi fi extender solution, do not want to invest in a dedicated mesh as of yet.

Any other options are welcome.

Edited by R3D_D3ViL

12 hours ago, LordSpymaster said:

I have 2 of these. They work well, both on the 2.4 and 5 GHZ bands. The only issue is that they're capped to 100 Mbps, so you won't get higher speeds even if your plan supports it.

Thanks. The speed is not much of a matter as it will be used only for streaming and browsing by family members. 

• 1 month later...
On 11/29/2022 at 9:27 AM, DinJo said:

Anyone using energy meter / power meter to measure power usage which one to get on Amazon I only see meco any specific model 

I've a meco one. Works fine.

Anyone having experience trying to port a postpaid number out of Vodafone (Vi)? Everytime I submit a porting request, I receive this reply: 

UPC cannot be generated for the reasons:  (1)There are subsisting contractual obligations with your service provider. Please contact your service provider for further assistance.

All dues are cleared, I even paid a couple hundred rupees extra as soon as the bill got generated for this cycle, still the same.

Thanks.

On 1/17/2023 at 9:02 PM, Shantz said:

I've a meco one. Works fine.

Does any power meter help fir home automation which are available in India. 

Extract power usage and show on dashboard? Also are the mx surge protector good? 

• 3 weeks later...

Spilled my entire cup of coffee over my macbook yesterday. Was behaving a little funky as the liquid was seeping inside but managed to turn it off. 

Wiped it clean, kept it upturned the whole night to dry it out. Trying it now - everything seems to work just fine. Charges, speaker, trackpad all good.

Keyboard also WORKS fine and isn't sticky but key press feels soft. It used to be quite clickety but now the keys depress in a very soft/slow manner. 

Is there any fix for this problem? Its not worth going and getting something replaced as it still does work fine.