Ask The Experts

Chaztin

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Mobile-Graphi...p;sort=3dmark06

2 cards in the 8600M series - The 8600M GS and **8600M GT** - the GT should be able to handle all current games at 10x7 (medium quality) and possibly even crysis at low quality 8x6 (check link below)

http://www.yougamers.com/gameometer/10213/?sa=1

V

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Mobile-Graphi...p;sort=3dmark06

2 cards in the 8600M series - The 8600M GS and **8600M GT** - the GT should be able to handle all current games at 10x7 (medium quality) and possibly even crysis at low quality 8x6 (check link below)

http://www.yougamers.com/gameometer/10213/?sa=1

V

I tried running Crysis at 800x600 and medium quality.

Its just not worth it at that low resolution. You will need a minimum resolution of 1024x768 and medium detail to appreciate the game. And even my 8600GTS just about cuts the mustard. You're better off keeping Crysis out of your decision making parameter matrix.

wanna buy a 19-20-21' widescreen LCD monitor... does it make better sense to purchase a 21' LCD TV instead?

would want to hook up my PC (VGA/DVI), 360 (VGA) and my tata sky tuner (composite/s-video, if possible). Component OR HDMI inputs would solve any future hassles when trying to hook up a PS3. response time, brightness, contrast, panel type should be suitable for gaming and watching movies.

awaiting your gyaan and recommendations.

V

wanna buy a 19-20-21' widescreen LCD monitor... does it make better sense to purchase a 21' LCD TV instead?

would want to hook up my PC (VGA/DVI), 360 (VGA) and my tata sky tuner (composite/s-video, if possible). Component OR HDMI inputs would solve any future hassles when trying to hook up a PS3. response time, brightness, contrast, panel type should be suitable for gaming and watching movies.

awaiting your gyaan and recommendations.

V

Dell's SP2208WFP

22 inches, Response Time (Typical) 2ms, Luminance (Brightness) 300 cd/m2 (Typical), Dynamic Contrast Ratio (Typical) 2000:1, Connector Type: Analog, DVI-D (Digital) with HDCP, HDMI, Optimal Resolution 1680 x 1050 at 60 Hz

Price: Rs 22,000.00 (Tax Extra)

^ nahh its too expensive bro, might as well consider upping my budget of 20k to buy a <26inch LCD TV at that price!

the 20-incher - Dell 2007WFP is also suitable (composite and svideo inputs) but it's priced out of my budget as well (29k)! btw, the 2407WFP is a dream monitor - component, composite, DVI, VGA, media reader - droooool!

came across another monitor - Asus PW201 - but this one is priced at 38k!!

so lets switch tracks - you guys know of any LCD TVs (<26-inches) that can double up as my primary PC monitor?

V

^ nahh its too expensive bro,

There is another one cheaper than this

E228WFP

22 inches, Response Time (Typical) 5ms, Luminance (Brightness) 300 cd/m2 (Typical), Dynamic Contrast Ratio 800:1, Connector Type: Analog, DVI-D (Digital) with HDCP, Optimal Resolution 1680 x 1050 at 60 Hz

Price: Rs 13,900.00 (Tax Extra)

An LCD TV cannot be a suitable replacement for a monitor, the text, menus will be horrible, only good for watching videos or for gaming.

• Like 2

thanks, just ordered that monitor - the sales rep should get in touch with me in a few hrs. my PC, 360 (and future PS3) will work with this baby; i'll simply have to buy a cheap tv card OR a composite to VGA box to connect my tata-sky tuner to my display...

V

• Like 1

I have 5.1 Intex Home theater > HTS 51130.

The sound quality is quite good but I am not getting any considerable output from surround speakers while watching TV.Is it not suppose to happen ??

Anyways,will buying Creative Sound Blaster Live 24Bit External solve my problem?

Also is the inbuilt sound card in Xbox 360 better in performance than Creative Sound Blaster unit.

Rainbow 6Vegas just rocked !!The gunshots were deafening and terrifying.

Thanks in advance.I am waiting for a response.

Your TV signal does not carry a surround sound encoded audio track. What you get is the standard stereo signal if you are using a set top box or DTH, or if you are using analog cable, its more likely to be a mono track. You sound can upmix an audio track into 6 channel sound (5.1) but it will be quasi surround output and for this, you will have to run a pass through cable from the line output on your TV tuner card to one of the inputs on your sound card. Then you can configure the sound card to upmix the sound.

But still dont expect true surround sound quality from this exercise. For best audio results, get digital cable thru DTH (Tata Sky, Dish TV) or a set top box (Hathway, InCable, Galaxzee, etc.)

my Q-if i buy da messenger kit ill get a mic free wid it.but will tat mic plug into my controllers socket or only into da chatpad's socket or both?????????????

ur mic will fit into da chatpad's socket

tat means ill only be able to use da mic widda chatpad attached to my controller????? som1 plz confirm this

my Q-if i buy da messenger kit ill get a mic free wid it.but will tat mic plug into my controllers socket or only into da chatpad's socket or both?????????????

ur mic will fit into da chatpad's socket

tat means ill only be able to use da mic widda chatpad attached to my controller????? som1 plz confirm this

Yes the pin for the headset will only fit on the chatpad and not on the controller...