Ask The Experts

Chaztin

On 8/14/2020 at 2:57 PM, niks_flashbullet said:

Hey guys, looking for earphones for my mother any suggestions for a good quality earphones (with mic), budget approx 2000₹.

Sent from my ASUS_I01WD using Tapatalk

Go with Sony. Cannot remember exact model number, but Sony has both wired and wireless earphones with mic at around 2K.

I myself bought the WI-C200 wireless ones this past Prime Day for 1700/-

Can someone guide how to clean monitor? Normally I just wipe it with a soft cloth and its been fine.

But a few drops of water fell onto it yesterday, wiped it clean but that left a faint impression. 

Its a 24 inch IPS monitor. 

10 minutes ago, Chirag2001 said:

Can someone guide how to clean monitor? Normally I just wipe it with a soft cloth and its been fine.

But a few drops of water fell onto it yesterday, wiped it clean but that left a faint impression. 

I just put some colin on a cloth not much and do clean in circles instead of straight..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PhantomShade said:

resolution? refresh rate? screen size? VA panel or IPS panel? Do you want it to be usable with PS4 also or just PC ?

2k preferred.
144hz.
24-32" any size would do.
Which panel is better ?
PS4 and PC both.

Just now, eddy4823 said:

2k preferred.
144hz.
24-32" any size would do.
Which panel is better ?
PS4 and PC both.

VA panel has bad viewing angles, but proper blacks, IPS panel has good viewing angles but the blacks are greyish.

basically if only you are using monitor then VA panel is good, if you're also using the monitor as a tv where 2-3 people watch( as in every person will be watching at an angle ) then IPS panel.

PS4 has no display support for 2K res, only 1080p and 4K, so you will be outputting 1080p res onto your monitor, so the PS4 output may look blurry or stretched because not native res.

https://www.amazon.in/LG-Ultragear-Gaming-Monitor-Freesync/dp/B07FLGR2PN

This is the LG 32GK650, 32 inch size, VA Panel, 144hz, 1440p, 1x DP, 2x HDMI, 1x headphone out( so you can connect speakers here and get audio output from PS4)

Costs some 36k now but it was on sale some weeks ago, idk how cheap it was though

Just now, PhantomShade said:

https://www.amazon.in/LG-Ultragear-Gaming-Monitor-Freesync/dp/B07FLGR2PN

This is the LG 32GK650, 32 inch size, VA Panel, 144hz, 1440p, 1x DP, 2x HDMI, 1x headphone out( so you can connect speakers here and get audio output from PS4)

Costs some 36k now but it was on sale some weeks ago, idk how cheap it was though

Ordered the same. Returned it due to some issues. Need a different one. Is the ACER one good ? Acer Nitro 27-inch (68.58 cm) IPS Gaming Monitor 2560 x 1440 Resolution - 400 Nits - 2W x 2 Speakers - VG271U (Black) by Acer https://amzn.to/347BjKG

2 minutes ago, eddy4823 said:

Ordered the same. Returned it due to some issues. Need a different one. Is the ACER one good ? Acer Nitro 27-inch (68.58 cm) IPS Gaming Monitor 2560 x 1440 Resolution - 400 Nits - 2W x 2 Speakers - VG271U (Black) by Acer https://amzn.to/347BjKG

Around a year back there were angry reviews on amazon regarding this monitor, basically the batch that was sold here had a defective panel type, so was causing some flickering issues.

threads from around some months ago on r/indiangaming have no such complaints against this monitor, and the latest reviews on amazon are of the "10/10 Value for money " kind, so i assume this issue has been fixed with the fresh stock.

Also apparently Acer's CS is very good, alteast wrt this monitor model

2 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

Around a year back there were angry reviews on amazon regarding this monitor, basically the batch that was sold here had a defective panel type, so was causing some flickering issues.

threads from around some months ago on r/indiangaming have no such complaints against this monitor, and the latest reviews on amazon are of the "10/10 Value for money " kind, so i assume this issue has been fixed with the fresh stock.

Also apparently Acer's CS is very good, alteast wrt this monitor model

Thanks. On another note, I have an MSI Optix MAG241C which has VA Panel but blacks don't look very good. There are some spots which are backlight bleeds I think. I replaced this via MD Computers and 2nd unit also had the same. Also, there's brightness flickering in this monitor. Flickers on CSGO Title screen quite often. 

Edited by eddy4823

3 hours ago, eddy4823 said:

Have this one. Got it around July/Aug last year. Its pretty decent, but dont rely on HDR. The black uniformity is okay okay, but there are no flickering issues and it goes reasonably bright. Works fine with gsync too

On 8/16/2020 at 10:17 AM, Chirag2001 said:

Glass or Plastic screen?

Lypertek tevi
Galaxy buds plus 
Sony recently launched buds. Forgot their name but they're pretty good too. 
Got the Galaxy Buds + from Samsung's site. Got a discount due to the student offer and expecting a cashback due to their offers ending today.

Net around 7.3K for the pair. Good deal IMO.

Hey all just rebuilt my pc as my mother board went south had to change it.

now for first time i completely assembled it including cpu fan gpu and everything.

Now the cpu temps go upto 76 Degree C when gaming (Not constant) 
I just wanted to know if its normal or have i done something wrong.

Cpu is i3-3100F and all fans are spinning

6 minutes ago, rushaboswal said:

now for first time i completely assembled it including cpu fan gpu and everything.

76°C is fine when playing / high load. 60-80°C is not to worry too much. 90+ is not good. 

Idle temp below 40-50°C when not playing / less load.

9 hours ago, rushaboswal said:

76 Celsius is fine :thumbsup:

Anything over 90 is a problem