Ask The Experts

Chaztin

18 minutes ago, GunnerY2J said:

It's stupid and personal but important.

Really can't tell, shameful as well.

Can involve the police etc and money can be spent as well.

Can we recover a said number's past status updates on a particular date ?

The said person (uploader) is denying but if someone saw it live and of course the viewer has the correct number/name saved of the uploader, the said person is lying that he didn't do it, right ?

The said person says someone else did it in his name ?

Can a third person do this via some hack  ?

Screenshots can be edited but the one person who saw it live is 100% trusted.

But just need confirmation.

Screenshots can be faked but unless the person faking is really careful it can be disproved easily. So if its legit then that's good and a point in your favor.

As far as finding out status updates from the past you'll probably hit a brick wall. Go to the police anyway if its important.

The person who saw the status is 100% trusted and didn't take the screenshot.

The other person who saw the status and took the screenshot isn't 100% trusted but more than the uploader.

Need 100%  assurance here :

The person who put the status is straight up denying that someone else did it in his name or someone has edited the screenshot. 

But is the former even possible ?

I mean we save a number with a name and that number and name shows as his status (what we saved as)

And not that a third person saved his own or uploader's number as the said person's name and uploaded it - is this possible by any hack or something ?

Main thing in short

I want to know if there's a chance someone else (3rd person) can do this with the said person's name ?

Edited by GunnerY2J

28 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

Best is to just go to the police with whatever you have. Cases have been registered before on basis of whatsapp screenshots.

Whatsapp themselves doesn't store anything on its servers so I don't think they'll be of help.

I don't think you can recover past statuses either. But yes it can be faked, edited or he can claim someone else used his phone etc

Police can go, with whatever humiliation it brings but will the police be able to confirm, thats the point.

I mean it was a whatsapp status and it was deleted early.

19 minutes ago, Walker said:

Screenshots can be faked but unless the person faking is really careful it can be disproved easily. So if its legit then that's good and a point in your favor.

As far as finding out status updates from the past you'll probably hit a brick wall. Go to the police anyway if its important.

Screenshot is legit.

But concern is that can a third person do this with some hack or trick.

9 minutes ago, GunnerY2J said:

The person who saw the status is 100% trusted and didn't take the screenshot.

The other person who saw the status and took the screenshot isn't 100% trusted but more than the uploader.

Need 100%  assurance here :

The person who put the status is straight up denying that someone else did it in his name.

But is that even possible ?

I mean we save a number with a name and that number and name shows as his status (what we saved as)

And not that a third person saved his own or uploader's number as the said person's name and uploaded it - is this possible by any hack or something ?

Main thing in short

I want to know if there's a chance someone else (3rd person) can do this with the said person's name ?

How can you prove that these people even saw a status?

How can you prove that the people who saw the status didn't just save an alternative number with the uploader's name and put the status on?

Screenshot is not a proof.

WhatsApp screenshots are not considered valid in court unless you have the chat saved in any device which has a number linked with the chat. And for statuses, it isn't possible.

You might trust them but your trust is not a proof.

It will be highly improbable that someone is able to hack the db such that they are able to link their whatsapp with someone else's number.

You won't be able to get past statuses.

Edited by kunjanp

19 minutes ago, kunjanp said:

How can you prove that these people even saw a status?

How can you prove that the people who saw the status didn't just save an alternative number with the uploader's name and put the status on?

Screenshot is not a proof.

WhatsApp screenshots are not considered valid in court unless you have the chat saved in any device which has a number linked with the chat. And for statuses, it isn't possible.

You might trust them but your trust is not a proof.

It will be highly improbable that someone is able to hack the db such that they are able to link their whatsapp with someone else's number.

You won't be able to get past statuses.

Yes, if someome did it, he of course just saved the accused name as a contact with any random number and put his dp as well.

But the person who we can trust we can trust 100%, there's really no two ways about it. (Not in legal terms)

And since you are saying that a third person can't put out a live status.

Edited by GunnerY2J

1 hour ago, GunnerY2J said:

Yes, if someome did it, he of course just saved the accused name as a contact with any random number and put his dp as well.

But the person who we can trust we can trust 100%, there's really no two ways about it. (Not in legal terms)

And since you are saying that a third person can't put out a live status.

Yes, "you" trust the person 100%. And you might be correct.

But that won't float in the court.

If it's really something serious, you can go to the police. Otherwise, you don't really have anything conclusive here.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, kunjanp said:

Yes, "you" trust the person 100%. And you might be correct.

But that won't float in the court.

If it's really something serious, you can go to the police. Otherwise, you don't really have anything conclusive here.

The issue doesn't need the court.

They ll settle it themselves if we are sure.

Police help was if they can decode the thing.

Edited by GunnerY2J

7 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

You're better off going to the cops than posting here.

Option 1 -. Go to cops. They might reject or they might act on it. Regardless of the what evidence you have you will know you did what you could.

Option 2 - Keep posting about it on IVG. No one is acting on anything.

Yes, got the information I needed that a third person cannot do this (makes it more sure)

and police won't be able to decode status updates either.

That's all.

2 minutes ago, Maddyboy22 said:

Can anyone suggest good gaming laptop for 1.3L? My options are asus rog g512lv-az163t and lenovo legion 5pi

Just curious. Are you a college student and hence the preference for a laptop or do you want something portable since you travel a lot? Curious because you can probably build a killer rig for the same price and I see so many people on Indian gaming subreddit interested in high priced laptops too. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, l33tmaniac said:

Just curious. Are you a college student and hence the preference for a laptop or do you want something portable since you travel a lot? Curious because you can probably build a killer rig for the same price and I see so many people on Indian gaming subreddit interested in high priced laptops too. 

I know pc is the best choice. I will be going to college soon so I have no other option

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Maddyboy22 said:

I know pc is the best choice. I will be going to college soon so I have no other option

best choice is to get mini itx build

bigger screen fine peripherals in dat budget plus u can rtx 3 series for gpu

there r so many option in upgrading than laptop

Edited by Defender487
  • Like 3

43 minutes ago, Defender487 said:

best choice is to get mini itx build

bigger screen fine peripherals in dat budget plus u can rtx 3 series for gpu

there r so many option in upgrading than laptop

Yeah thought about that but laptop can be used for both gaming and college stuffs as I don't think I will able to bring a mini build to seminars 

I have a lot of books I don't need anymore. About 500 or so.

I mean, if there isn't a way I'll end up giving them to random people or my school library, but I wondering if there is a way to sell them?

Whatever money I make can go towards a new game, or maybe even the next console.

I'd just give them away to younger kids who like to read, but I don't know any kids. No cousins either. 

Please advise. Selling books on OLX seems like a very tiring process.

Edited by Chirag2001