Jump to content
Chaztin

Ask The Experts

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, ayush12ice said:

@AtheK 

 

Which robo vacuum and mop do you use? I think i saw you mentioned in a post somewhere about it.

 

 

I am using ilife A9s

 

Below is my review from another site. 

 

Quote

So after using the iLife A9s for almost a month below are my observations.

The Good Stuff

1. Build quality is very good.
2. It does a more then decent enough job of cleaning, and i would say almost cleans up the 90% of the house. Testimony being that we are just manually brroming once a week.
3. Amount of dirt it picks up is mind blowing, sometimes i wonder where does so much dust come from everyday.
4. The app works fine, and gives you options like scheduling the robot, battery left, type of cleaning to be done. You can also see how much time it took for last cleaning and how much area was covered.
5. Runs under side tables and any place it can sneak in, and usually finds it way out.
6. Works decently well below the dining table too, and if it is too dirty you can switch to max mode, where the vaccum power is increased but at cost of battery.
7. The box comes with an extra pair of accessories, so you are good for another round after the current set wears o ff.
8. Takes around 45 minutes to clean my entire 3 bHK house which has a built up area of around 1300 sft.
9. Set up a schedule to start at 7 am, it will clean and return back to base by 7:45, and it would be ready to start it's mopping duties by 8:30 am.

Not So good Stuff.

1. Mopping is just about adequate, though this is compensated by the very good dry vaccum capabilities, so you don't feel the dirt on your feet while walking bare foot at home. The fact that it does a dry clean also along with vaccuming helps in picking up any left over dirt/particles.
2. The default setting of water dispenser is at normal, recommend to move it to strong. Also a good idea to wet the mop cloth with water and disinfectant, so when it starts mopping it is already wet.
3. The hair get stuck in the brush and needs a constant cleanup every second/third day. which i think will be same in any robot, the MI robot won't come with a brush.
4. No integration with Alexa, this might be nitpicking, but i think this should be doable and the app should be updated to do the same.
5. The suction power can be a little better, as it does an average jobs with the carpet, though swiching to max mode makes it a bit better.

The bad

1. The app though helps, does not let you choose which areas to go and what to avoid. It has a different device which creates a virtual wall, MI will let you choose place on the app itself.
2. If you pause the robot somewhere, it makes it new home and returns back to that place after cleaning rather then going bak to Home. You have to manually take the robot near to the charging point. This should ideally be fixable witha firmware update.

Overall i am pretty happy with the purchase, we just had to manually broom the house around 5 times in last one month, and i got one more for my parents. They are pretty happy too. This has been a boon during lockdown, and would help me avoid getting any maid at home for next few months too, maybe longer.

 

https://www.ilifecare.in/collections/dry-wet-app/products/ilife-a9s

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dante77 said:

Pushy. Y u so dumb. Tell us your requirements? You wanna watch hardcore porn only? Or gaming too?

 

 

men, obvio i won't spend 70k for a basic lappy...it would be for mild gaming and media exp ( :naughty: ) and some work related stuff

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am using Asus Tuf. Although that model is 2 year old now. I suggest you to buy this series, it now comes in less bezel design. Highly recommend it. Just buy whatever tuf series offer comes in this range.

Please wait for BBD, insane discounts on gaming laptops at that time!

I would advice to stay away from acer despite them loom better on paper and at cheaper price. MSI is decent option too, my friend bought it last year, no problem so far but don't know about their service, lol.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also. It is easy to miss those subtle 'Ahhhh' sounds in any laptop speaker which is absolutely necessary, but if you have a monitor with speaker or a good headphone, then it doesn't matter. No laptop is gonna give you good speaker in this range, or any range for that matter, so don't look for those!

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Need suggestions for a decent router that can support the following,

 

Home: Around 1500sft flat

Devices/Load: 2 Smart TVs(one of them needs 4K streaming via Netflix etc, the other is full HD streaming),
2 laptops,
1 Desktop computer,
2 Consoles,
4 to 5 Mobile phones

 

Internet connection speed at home - 100Mbps. Will be upgrading to 150Mbps with the new router.
Currently using: Dlink DIR 816 but not getting proper reception in all rooms.

 

Will a Netgear R6850 AC2000 be good enough? How much performance improvement will i see if i go for a Netgear Nighthawk R7000P.

I saw a Netgear Nighthawk R8000 AC3200 at a local store for 14K....is it worth going for this over the above ones for my needs? Or will this be an overkill.

 

I also see the TP link AX1500 online which is a Wifi 6 router...but not sure if its good...

 

Please suggest experts!

Edited by amigoatul

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, dante77 said:

Also. It is easy to miss those subtle 'Ahhhh' sounds in any laptop speaker which is absolutely necessary, but if you have a monitor with speaker or a good headphone, then it doesn't matter. No laptop is gonna give you good speaker in this range, or any range for that matter, so don't look for those!

What are you doing, step bro!! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, amigoatul said:

Need suggestions for a decent router that can support the following,

 

Home: Around 1500sft flat

Devices/Load: 2 Smart TVs(one of them needs 4K streaming via Netflix etc, the other is full HD streaming),
2 laptops,
1 Desktop computer,
2 Consoles,
4 to 5 Mobile phones

 

Internet connection speed at home - 100Mbps. Will be upgrading to 150Mbps with the new router.
Currently using: Dlink DIR 816 but not getting proper reception in all rooms.

 

Will a Netgear R6850 AC2000 be good enough? How much performance improvement will i see if i go for a Netgear Nighthawk R7000P.

I saw a Netgear Nighthawk R8000 AC3200 at a local store for 14K....is it worth going for this over the above ones for my needs? Or will this be an overkill.

 

I also see the TP link AX1500 online which is a Wifi 6 router...but not sure if its good...

 

Please suggest experts!

Is the 1500 flat a box or rectangular? Honestly I don't think one router would do. I have tried multiple routers one even the Ax ones, but none could provide corner to corner ranges unless the router is in the middle. Where is your router situated?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, amigoatul said:

Need suggestions for a decent router that can support the following,

 

Home: Around 1500sft flat

Devices/Load: 2 Smart TVs(one of them needs 4K streaming via Netflix etc, the other is full HD streaming),
2 laptops,
1 Desktop computer,
2 Consoles,
4 to 5 Mobile phones

 

Internet connection speed at home - 100Mbps. Will be upgrading to 150Mbps with the new router.
Currently using: Dlink DIR 816 but not getting proper reception in all rooms.

 

Will a Netgear R6850 AC2000 be good enough? How much performance improvement will i see if i go for a Netgear Nighthawk R7000P.

I saw a Netgear Nighthawk R8000 AC3200 at a local store for 14K....is it worth going for this over the above ones for my needs? Or will this be an overkill.

 

I also see the TP link AX1500 online which is a Wifi 6 router...but not sure if its good...

 

Please suggest experts!

Orbi. Preferably RBK50. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rushaboswal said:

Is the 1500 flat a box or rectangular? Honestly I don't think one router would do. I have tried multiple routers one even the Ax ones, but none could provide corner to corner ranges unless the router is in the middle. Where is your router situated?

Flat is a box. The router will be at one end of the flat. Can be moved to the central room if needed if things dont improve with the new router...

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, amigoatul said:

Flat is a box. The router will be at one end of the flat. Can be moved to the central room if needed if things dont improve with the new router...

 

 

Then no router would provide that range. Go for a mesh router system , or have a repeater. Mesh will be costlier but better. Don't spend anything above 10k on a router unles you have way too many devices. I have an Netgear router bought for 4k and handles around 5 phones , a Nas , a PS4 , Chromecast and a pc easily.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, rushaboswal said:

Then no router would provide that range. Go for a mesh router system , or have a repeater. Mesh will be costlier but better. Don't spend anything above 10k on a router unles you have way too many devices. I have an Netgear router bought for 4k and handles around 5 phones , a Nas , a PS4 , Chromecast and a pc easily.

Thank you for the suggestions guys.

 

Orbi RBK50 is outta my budget. Will mostly for a Netgear option under 10K.

 

Do you have any recommendations for a good wireless mouse for WFH office work use. The current one is going kaput..

 

Also, is Logitech MX518 still available? Have an old one on my desktop...still works but looking for a change. What are the alternate options for this mouse?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a tplink archer C5, it's at one end of the house (2700-3000 sq. feet) and it manages to provide signal till the next end but speed reduces to 20 as compared to 170-200Mbps. But I think adding more C5s as access points in between will do the trick. Maybe look into such setups, might be more cost effective and provide better network than going with a single expensive router.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, amigoatul said:

Do you have any recommendations for a good wireless mouse for WFH office work use. The current one is going kaput..

 

Logitech G304 is a decent option at 3K. Wireless gaming mouse if you prefer that. 

 

Or get standard Logitech M331 Silent for around 1K.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, amigoatul said:

Thank you for the suggestions guys.

 

Orbi RBK50 is outta my budget. Will mostly for a Netgear option under 10K.

 

Do you have any recommendations for a good wireless mouse for WFH office work use. The current one is going kaput..

 

Also, is Logitech MX518 still available? Have an old one on my desktop...still works but looking for a change. What are the alternate options for this mouse?

Get Logitech M590, it is quite decent with multiple device support and silent too.

Going above that you will be paying for gaming features, not anything which is essential for WFM. 

You could go for something cheaper from Logitech but honestly I don't like the plastic quality in that range.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...