Ask The Experts

Chaztin

12 hours ago, Madmage said:

Are you looking for a traditional double edge razor or those gillette mach 3 type razor?

4 hours ago, DinJo said:

I'm using this but I'm guessing you are would be beginner so best to start with Mach 3 turbo and once you are comfortable with shave move towards actual razor which gives comparatively closer shave

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B085D9ZY9T/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_m4uRFbBK7EAWE

Bought Mach 3. Assumed right, beginner here lol

One of our bedrooms has terrible wifi coverage. Currently using a TP Link AC1350 Dual Band Router, we get out internet from local dude.

Will this range extender solve the problem? The AC1200 option is in my budget.  https://www.amazon.in/Tp-Link-300Mbps-AC1200-Range-Extender/dp/B01MD1SKLL/

Looking to purchase tomorrow since its the last day of sale. 

3 minutes ago, adity said:

Nope. It can work over WiFi as well. 

I used to use my router as extender via wifi but it always goes half duplex when I do that. Had to connect it using an ethernet cable for it to be full duplex. Is that a router feature?

44 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

To use as a repeater you need a direct connection to the ethernet cable right? 

then what is the point of a booster lmao if I could just a router, wirelessly as a repeater?

Did you buy one for your place?

15 minutes ago, b!T said:

I used to use my router as extender via wifi but it always goes half duplex when I do that. Had to connect it using an ethernet cable for it to be full duplex. Is that a router feature?

That's how most repeaters work since they have to both send and receive data on the same band on which other client devices are connected (and thus a decrease in speed). With ethernet, the bandwidth limitations disappear, and hence full duplex. 

Mesh negates that issue with a dedicated backhual, which is solely for satellites to communicate on - no other clients allowed on that band. 

2 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Mesh negates that issue with a dedicated backhual, which is solely for satellites to communicate on - no other clients allowed on that band. 

and let me guess................

You're living the mesh life aren't you? :rolleyes:

32 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

That's how most repeaters work since they have to both send and receive data on the same band on which other client devices are connected (and thus a decrease in speed). With ethernet, the bandwidth limitations disappear, and hence full duplex. 

I have to move to a mesh network soon. Even with an additional router, I still have blindspots.

1 hour ago, Chirag2001 said:

and let me guess................

You're living the mesh life aren't you? :rolleyes:

:fear:

40 minutes ago, b!T said:

I have to move to a mesh network soon. Even with an additional router, I still have blindspots.

Do get something which has dedicated backhaul. Many cheaper mesh networks use the same band for clients and satellites - and the experience is sub-par. 

• Like 1

We just bought Google Mesh and there is one big problem, it has only one network which gives both 2.4 and 5 Ghz. Earlier when you are away from the main router, I had the option to connect to 2.4 or 5 Ghz network. Even if 2.4 has more range and it connects by default, there was always option to use 5ghz by manually connecting that.

This Google Mesh does this automatically and gives only 2.4Ghz when I am a bit away from one of these mesh. The speed is usually around 30-40 mbps while as I am going towards the mesh, ot increases and eventually giving full about 300 mbps. FML!

Does anyone have any experience with spray paint? 

I'm planning on painting the panels on my PS4. I've already sanded the panels. Wanted to know before I start, if I need it to be glossy, would I need an additional clear coat spray paint? If yes, how many coats?

On 11/13/2020 at 2:44 PM, dante77 said:

We just bought Google Mesh and there is one big problem, it has only one network which gives both 2.4 and 5 Ghz. Earlier when you are away from the main router, I had the option to connect to 2.4 or 5 Ghz network. Even if 2.4 has more range and it connects by default, there was always option to use 5ghz by manually connecting that.

This Google Mesh does this automatically and gives only 2.4Ghz when I am a bit away from one of these mesh. The speed is usually around 30-40 mbps while as I am going towards the mesh, ot increases and eventually giving full about 300 mbps. FML!

By Google mesh you mean old Google Wifi or newer Nest wifi ? How many satellites ? How big is your house ? And why Google which has no official presence for wifi products in India ? 

Placement of satellites matter a lot. With good placement, you'll hit 5ghz in almost all areas, and 2.4 in far off areas. 

Edited by Bird Bird Bird

Weirdest sh*t happened. Had ordered a regular Logitech wireless KB+M. Received today but there is no dongle inside the mouse :lol:

I don't really like the typing experience. KB feels cheap. 

Can I get a refund instead? 

Edited by Chirag2001

5 hours ago, Chirag2001 said:

Weirdest sh*t happened. Had ordered a regular Logitech wireless KB+M. Received today but there is no dongle inside the mouse :lol:

I don't really like the typing experience. KB feels cheap. 

Can I get a refund instead? 

Isn't the dongle supposed to be the same for both the mouse and keyboard? Do you mean the mouse does not connect to it?

8 hours ago, Ph3N0M said:

Isn't the dongle supposed to be the same for both the mouse and keyboard? Do you mean the mouse does not connect to it?

Yes and no. The dongle is same for both the mouse and keyboard, but there isn't a provided dongle. Its missing entirely.

I'm getting an option for replacement but wanna go for refund since the keyboard also isn't really to my liking. 

https://www.singhkays.com/blog/apple-silicon-m1-black-magic/

Bonkers. Absolute bonkers. 

I am a Windows guy since...I started computers. But this just blows everything out of the park. 

Only gripe is base storage is 256gb. Should do a minimum of 512 at that price. Else the performance and battery is insane. 

For the 1st time ever tempted to get a Macbook. 

By Google mesh you mean old Google Wifi or newer Nest wifi ? How many satellites ? How big is your house ? And why Google which has no official presence for wifi products in India ? 
Placement of satellites matter a lot. With good placement, you'll hit 5ghz in almost all areas, and 2.4 in far off areas. 
Google mesh. Bought from US, brother's friend. My house is big, like I think 3 of the Mesh aren't going to cover up big!

3 hours ago, dante77 said:
On 11/18/2020 at 4:08 PM, Bird Bird Bird said:

Google mesh. Bought from US, brother's friend. My house is big, like I think 3 of the Mesh aren't going to cover up big!

Most mesh quoted stats are for US houses, made out of wood. 

Indian houses are out of bricks and cement and tons of iron, with thick walls - so you need really good penetration. Google Wifi is OK for houses in Mumbai, not for houses in Lucknow. :lol:

That's why went with Orbi and not Google Mesh - changed the region info via telnet and increased transmit power to max (Indian laws limit wifi transmittance) for both router and satellites. Works fine for about a 2800 sqft house. If I add 2nd satellite, it will easily hit most places in the park ! :P

• Like 1