Ask The Experts

Chaztin

45 minutes ago, DinJo said:

This could be too much but wanted people view on which talcum powder do people use 

I use nivia pure. And J&J baby powder when I'm feeling "lucky" 

16 minutes ago, DinJo said:

I'm looking to get a good headphone and mic specifically for mic the wired one not more than 1.5k 

slightly over 1.5k but a successor to the award winning E10 series. Used that one for a long time until Tim Cook decided -3.5mm for everyone. 

Soundmagic E10C in-Ear Wired Headphones with Mic (Black) https://www.amazon.in/dp/B01H3F0SDI/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_1ZJ2Y5Y1AGDDW66VW3F1

Anybody suggest a decent router around 5-8k a bit more is okay. Need minimum 4gigabit ports as house cat 5e hardwired. No mesh system for now. had a netgear router which stuck my thunderstorm and wan port went caput last year. Flashed openwrt and used another port as wan but now the router keeps disconnecting lan and wifi.
Needs 1) good coverage . (dont need extreme good just decent) 2) Good speed for copying stuff from nas. 3) Can handle 6 or more devices at a time and needs a proper warranty.

3 minutes ago, rushaboswal said:

Anybody suggest a decent router around 5-8k a bit more is okay. Need minimum 4gigabit ports as house cat 5e hardwired. No mesh system for now. had a netgear router which stuck my thunderstorm and wan port went caput last year. Flashed openwrt and used another port as wan but now the router keeps disconnecting lan and wifi.
Needs 1) good coverage . (dont need extreme good just decent) 2) Good speed for copying stuff from nas. 3) Can handle 6 or more devices at a time and needs a proper warranty.

Using the spiritual predecessor 878 in the bedroom. Hardwired and makkhan. This is the wifi 6 version so should be just as good. 

D-Link DIR-X1560 Wi Fi 6 Router AX1500 MU-MIMO Voice Control Compatible with Alexa Google Assistant, Dual Band Gigabit Gaming Internet Network https://www.amazon.in/dp/B08BPWL4NK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_XQQY1PS0N82ZTR3SXWG5?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

2 minutes ago, Jigsaw said:

Using the spiritual predecessor 878 in the bedroom. Hardwired and makkhan. This is the wifi 6 version so should be just as good. 

D-Link DIR-X1560 Wi Fi 6 Router AX1500 MU-MIMO Voice Control Compatible with Alexa Google Assistant, Dual Band Gigabit Gaming Internet Network https://www.amazon.in/dp/B08BPWL4NK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_XQQY1PS0N82ZTR3SXWG5?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Are the speeds on gigabit good? I dont trust dlink much but you say youre using it hows the build quality and the admin ui?

Any suggestion for a 2 access-point wireless package?

I am currently using a pretty average D-Link router to which the consoles are hardwired but the range isn't that great, speeds drop hard.

So need something which gives another access point. Don't need ports on the access point.

4 minutes ago, rushaboswal said:

Are the speeds on gigabit good? I dont trust dlink much but you say youre using it hows the build quality and the admin ui?

D-Link are very good. Their international forums I mean. The India support is very honest and eager but like most outsourced companies don’t have the leverage to push customer painpoints and feedback up the hierarchy as expected. 

When I first got the 878 I had an issue with the Open NAT running both X1X and PS4 Pro simultaneously. The customer support not surprising had no answer but the forum has a guy who had direct contacts with the devs and made the fix happen within 2 months. The india support has some amazing legit networking-educated kids who know what they’re doing. Sadly they have no way to pass critical feedback to the core international team. 

Anyhoo the router works like a charm as an AP now (was earlier the primary in the living room). On gigabit hardwired I get this which is on par for what it promises. 

0933-E6-F3-3986-4849-B1-B4-60401-DDD8636

D-Link are very good. Their international forums I mean. The India support is very honest and eager but like most outsourced companies don’t have the leverage to push customer painpoints and feedback up the hierarchy as expected. 

When I first got the 878 I had an issue with the Open NAT running both X1X and PS4 Pro simultaneously. The customer support not surprising had no answer but the forum has a guy who had direct contacts with the devs and made the fix happen within 2 months. The india support has some amazing legit networking-educated kids who know what they’re doing. Sadly they have no way to pass critical feedback to the core international team. 

Anyhoo the router works like a charm as an AP now (was earlier the primary in the living room). On gigabit hardwired I get this which is on par for what it promises. 

0933-E6-F3-3986-4849-B1-B4-60401-DDD8636

Thanks will order. And what internet is that bro. I ain't getting 10th of that speed lmao ?

3 minutes ago, rushaboswal said:

Thanks will order. And what internet is that bro. I ain't getting 10th of that speed lmao ?

My 3 kids will be named Laxmi, Bharti & Mittal. Even if the 1st is a boy. 

Edited by Jigsaw
Typo

41 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

Any suggestion for a 2 access-point wireless package?

I am currently using a pretty average D-Link router to which the consoles are hardwired but the range isn't that great, speeds drop hard.

So need something which gives another access point. Don't need ports on the access point.

Sorrybro didn’t quite get your question.  

If you’re looking for a primary router, there’s tonnes to choose. My personal fav is the one I use currently Netgear RAX80. But there’s options from D-Link (a brand I personally have come to adore over the years) to TP Link (never touching chini maal). 

Limited-time deal: NETGEAR Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi 6 Router (RAX80) - AX6000 Wireless Speed (up to 6Gbps) | Coverage for Large Homes | 5 x 1G and 1x 2G Ethernet Ports | 2 x 3.0 USB https://www.amazon.in/dp/B01M6D9WQ7/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_B1DZ186KAD3WM1M2VFNF

19 minutes ago, Jigsaw said:

Sorrybro didn’t quite get your question.  

If you’re looking for a primary router, there’s tonnes to choose. My personal fav is the one I use currently Netgear RAX80. But there’s options from D-Link (a brand I personally have come to adore over the years) to TP Link (never touching chini maal). 

Limited-time deal: NETGEAR Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi 6 Router (RAX80) - AX6000 Wireless Speed (up to 6Gbps) | Coverage for Large Homes | 5 x 1G and 1x 2G Ethernet Ports | 2 x 3.0 USB https://www.amazon.in/dp/B01M6D9WQ7/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_B1DZ186KAD3WM1M2VFNF

I need a 2-point wireless mess system.

Main unit should have atleast 3 gigabit ports and the secondary unit should connect wirelessly to the main, hopefully maintaining atleast 60-70% of the original speed over 5ghz.

I would have bought AX6000 but I think a 2 point system will be better for 3800sq. feet.

Also can't hardwire.

34 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

I need a 2-point wireless mess system.

Main unit should have atleast 3 gigabit ports and the secondary unit should connect wirelessly to the main, hopefully maintaining atleast 60-70% of the original speed over 5ghz.

I would have bought AX6000 but I think a 2 point system will be better for 3800sq. feet.

Also can't hardwire.

Orbi.