Immortals Fenyx Rising

Engineer

12 hours ago, Heaven Angel said:

You guys can watch his videos, I can't for more than 2 minutes. 

kramer do not want GIF

I don’t follow him but definitely watch his videos just to get my Quota of cringe. Plus nothing better than hitting the dislike button 

6 hours ago, Heaven Angel said:

@rdsarna How much have your progressed? 

You'll have a good laugh when you'll meet Ares :lol:

I'm still clearing out all the activities in the 2nd region of aphrodites (Each chest has its own tiny puzzle which is really fun and engaging). Haven't done any story missions after talking to the tree.

11 hours ago, Heaven Angel said:

I cracked the 3 star dungeon and killed the devil Achilles. Tho he isn't the last and that dungeon took me 15 min to crack. It was a tricky one. 

Really looking forward to it!

1 hour ago, WhiteWolf said:

Nice screenshots. Max settings? 

And you wearing Aphrodite armor or what lol

Yep, everything on max settings. Still game barely giving any sweat to the system. Loading is fast as well, takes around 7 sec from main menu, installed in HDD. Well optimised. However, there are some very few tree shadow popins, a single patch would clear it. 

I think i got that armor as a gold edition bonus. Maybe there's a way to get in game. The armor name is Hubris of the one eyed giant. Good stats. 

Good god this is one amazing looker of a game. 

Played a couple of hours.  The visuals are stunning (or maybe I’m just a girl who likes shiny colour pop) 

Super fun to play and the humour so far has been top notch. Not irritating as some reviews say. 

Don’t want to spoil but there’s a massive lulz moment about 15-20 mins into the opening :giggle:

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Heaven Angel said:

Yep, everything on max settings. Still game barely giving any sweat to the system. Loading is fast as well, takes around 7 sec from main menu, installed in HDD. Well optimised. However, there are some very few tree shadow popins, a single patch would clear it. 

I think i got that armor as a gold edition bonus. Maybe there's a way to get in game. The armor name is Hubris of the one eyed giant. Good stats. 

Nice. I was reading One X performance as well and it seems its native 4k at 30 fps locked.

I guess i will pick it up. Im seeing lot of praise for this game on era and all.

Over 10 hours in and this is the best game I've played this year after Hades in terms of fun and engagement. Not only is there something to do from moment to moment but each of those "somethings" are engaging because of the character animations and overall clever game design. 

One point that I haven't seen mentioned yet is that this game doesn't have any "pinging" or "eagle eye" system to assist you in finding points of interest. If you encounter a closed door, you can't just ping to check where you should go to try and solve it. You have to run around the area and look for clues to even start solving the puzzle. There is not eagle vision either so far to have an easy top down view. I love this aspect of the game so far. It might get tedious later on if the game drags but knowing that people beat it in 30 hours keeps me optimistic.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, rdsarna said:

One point that I haven't seen mentioned yet is that this game doesn't have any "pinging" or "eagle eye" system to assist you in finding points of interest. If you encounter a closed door, you can't just ping to check where you should go to try and solve it. You have to run around the area and look for clues to even start solving the puzzle. There is not eagle vision either so far to have an easy top down view. I love this aspect of the game so far. It might get tedious later on if the game drags but knowing that people beat it in 30 hours keeps me optimistic.

Yeah this aspect seems in line with BOTW.

3 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

Yeah this aspect seems in line with BOTW.

Yeah, but seeing it in a Ubi game is truly refreshing.

Btw, the better game in almost every way is BOTW as compared to Immortals, but playing this kind of a game at 70-100 fps on a freesync monitor makes this game "feel" more enjoyable and pleasant, as compared to the shaky 30 fps on the switch.

Edited by rdsarna

20 minutes ago, rdsarna said:

One point that I haven't seen mentioned yet is that this game doesn't have any "pinging" or "eagle eye" system to assist you in finding points of interest. If you encounter a closed door, you can't just ping to check where you should go to try and solve it.

If the game had this kind of assistance then it would diminish the core part of the game that are solving puzzles. The design of these puzzles shows how careful devs were in their efforts. Each rift is different from the other. The gods 3 star puzzles are fantastic.

Many would feel that a puzzle solving game could be tedious but here it isn't. The blend of combat and puzzles are well done. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Jigsaw said:

Help : For some god darned reason I’m unable to find the fleeing teenager on the turtle shaped island. 

just wtf is this dude? 

You're very early in game. Just go to the marker it'll trigger a sequence, kill some enemies and you'll find who the guy is. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Heaven Angel said:

You're very early in game. Just go to the marker it'll trigger a sequence, kill some enemies and you'll find who the guy is. 

Yeah I enjoyed till there. Switched back to the most immersive RPG this year “Life-without-a-maid” ?

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1