Doom Eternal

Heaven Angel

All the game developers should take few learning classes from id software. A game that look this good and is this action packed, fast paced, tons of AI at once, runs at stable 60fps even on base consoles and runs even better on potato PC's is technically astonishing. 

• Like 1

666/10

FvmIUHS.jpg

Oh boy, this is one top tier kickass game, it's fast, frantic and violent as hell. the rip and tear made me loose control and unleashed my homicidal tendencies. 

The multiplayer is a hit or pass tho, I got my battlemode trophies with the help of my Steam friends. 

The cons is now every other game feels super slow, like I'm playing on 0.25x slow mo mode. What have this game done to me :eyebrow:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stingray said:

Guys - how are you handling the “Marauder guy” - first encounter inArc complex? He is kicking my a*s and am not able to progress... what is the strategy to defeat him?

The swapping strategy might take a bit of a practice, learning his moves is the best way to get him because you'll be facing him a lot later in game, try to be far as you can easily dodge his long range or mid range to easily get that green attack you are looking for, his close range shotty damages you a lot. Your super shotgun will take 8 to 9 hits on nightmare difficulty to kill him. 

This might help you. 

It is tough to get the exact moment when he flashes green and then attack , he almost gets his shield in place - probably might be due to fast nature of the game that his movements are also super quick. Will try the chain gun and ballista as with super shotgun am going no where

Man, the Final Sin level had so many intense firefights. Felt like the game was throwing everything it's got at you while leaving you breathless. And then it was topped off by a great final boss fight.

Bravo ID! This game blows DOOM '16 out of the water! Like everyone's been saying, I really don't think I can go back to that game now even if I wanted to.

9 hours ago, STICK3Rboy said:

Man, the Final Sin level had so many intense firefights. Felt like the game was throwing everything it's got at you while leaving you breathless. And then it was topped off by a great final boss fight.

Bravo ID! This game blows DOOM '16 out of the water! Like everyone's been saying, I really don't think I can go back to that game now even if I wanted to.

Yea, the final sin fight felt like the game is testing you skills, throws every demons at once on platform. I played whole game on nightmare but had to level down the difficulty from nightmare to hard just for that last level. 

Blood punch and runes like blood fueled, punch and reave and chrono strike helped a lot. 

3 hours ago, Black_Hawk said:

Completed Gears 5 last evening and started this today. My god the change in pace!!

This game had me move constantly and shoot vigorously! Sweaty palms and itchy trigger fingers... :wOOtjumpy:

There's a LOT of ripping and tearing to do.

On 3/29/2020 at 12:54 PM, Heaven Angel said:

The swapping strategy might take a bit of a practice, learning his moves is the best way to get him because you'll be facing him a lot later in game, try to be far as you can easily dodge his long range or mid range to easily get that green attack you are looking for, his close range shotty damages you a lot. Your super shotgun will take 8 to 9 hits on nightmare difficulty to kill him. 

This might help you. 

Killing him inside the Arc Complex is easier. I finished him in the first attempt with the rocket launcher and the super shottie. Actually, you can splash damage him as the level is a closed space. I could not even enjoy glory killing him as his carcass just flew away like a projectile :p

However, in Taras Nabad, I am finding him much more difficult as the space is so damn open. I shot 3 rockets, 3 damn rockets right into him, those rockets hit him like those airplanes hit the WTC, yet he didnt die. Plus, cacodemon (absent in the Arc Complex stage) eats away a lot of your health in the beginning. Any tricks to take care of him in this chapter?

2 hours ago, radicaldude said:

However, in Taras Nabad, I am finding him much more difficult as the space is so damn open. I shot 3 rockets, 3 damn rockets right into him, those rockets hit him like those airplanes hit the WTC, yet he didnt die. Plus, cacodemon (absent in the Arc Complex stage) eats away a lot of your health in the beginning. Any tricks to take care of him in this chapter?

Take out the Cacodemon with a charged Arbalest shot (the Ballista mod) as soon as it spawns. One shot should be enough.

As far as the Marauder goes, I've never actually used the rocket launcher on him. I mostly use a combo of SSG, Ballista and grenades. Taking him out should be pretty straightforward once you've done away with the Cacodemon.

Don't forget to keep milking the zombies for armour, ammo and health.

Anyway, just completed the Cultist Base Master Level on UV difficulty and holy f**king sh*t it was insane!! 

I don't know how ID has managed to do it but the game feels both tough and easy at the same time. Tough because of the insane number of relentlessly aggressive demons the game throws at you at once. And easy because it equips you with all the sh*t you would need to go on an absolute rampage. I mean it pretty much turns you into a murderous motherf**king beast!

Would highly recommend anyone who has completed the campaign to check out the Master Levels.

Edited by STICK3Rboy
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, STICK3Rboy said:

Take out the Cacodemon with a charged Arbalest shot (the Ballista mod) as soon as it spawns. One shot should be enough.

As far as the Marauder goes, I've never actually used the rocket launcher on him. I mostly use a combo of SSG, Ballista and grenades. Taking him out should be pretty straightforward once you've done away with the Cacodemon.

Don't forget to keep milking the zombies for armour, ammo and health.

Anyway, just completed the Cultist Base Master Level on UV difficulty and holy f**king sh*t it was insane!! 

I don't know how ID has managed to do it but the game feels both tough and easy at the same time. Tough because of the insane number of relentlessly aggressive demons the game throws at you at once. And easy because it equips you with all the sh*t you would need to go on an absolute rampage. I mean it pretty much turns you into a murderous motherf**king beast!

Would highly recommend anyone who has completed the campaign to check out the Master Levels.

I have read that later levels are really intense. How intense are they? Can you gimme an idea sans spoilers ofcourse :P

The only thing I despise about inventory management is that BFG doesnt have enough ammo. Just when you need it, you are left high and dry. Also chainsawing doesnt fill it up. We need more BFG ammo for absolute rampage :D

1 hour ago, Black_Hawk said:

Anyone else who isn't liking the platforming in the game? Jump to platform and those protruding bars to get to another platform... uuf those things are annoying me so much!

Actually platforming has added a lot of verticality to the game. I mean you can approach a battle via so many different strategies. I believe this game is much more than just running and gunning. Many times, I had to chart out the exact approach to a particular battle scenario. This is akin to a game of chess IMO.

Also, some stages remind me of arena shooters. I absolutely love arena shooters. Add 60fps and fast movement to it. Man I am so in love with this game. I think if someone is skillful enough, he/she can rocket jump through levels as well :P

47 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

I have read that later levels are really intense. How intense are they? Can you gimme an idea sans spoilers ofcourse :P

The only thing I despise about inventory management is that BFG doesnt have enough ammo. Just when you need it, you are left high and dry. Also chainsawing doesnt fill it up. We need more BFG ammo for absolute rampage :D

I recommend you checking the map frequently for the BFG ammo, it shows up on map. On every level where fight is going to happen there's always atleast one BFG ammo lying around, use your infamous parkour abilities to get a clean sweep of the area before going on a kill spree. 

I learned this the hard way, i always find the ammo or boosters when an insane fight is over which i could've finished in an instant or made it easier atleast. 

• Like 1