Doom Eternal

Heaven Angel

OMG... slogged it out to defeat the Khan Maykr! My God what a Boss fight it was but doing the same thing to take down it's shield and and then meat hooking towards it and BP-ing it, was tiring. Plus those damn minion Makyr Drones made life excruciatingly difficult!

17 minutes ago, Black_Hawk said:

OMG... slogged it out to defeat the Khan Maykr! My God what a Boss fight it was but doing the same thing to take down it's shield and and then meat hooking towards it and BP-ing it, was tiring. Plus those damn minion Makyr Drones made life excruciatingly difficult!

Weird. I actually thought that was the easiest boss fight in the game and it felt kinda underwhelming because of that :\

I used lock-on missiles on Khan Maykr to quickly whittle down her health and kept farming supplies by head-shotting the Maykr Drones. I was expecting a follow-up round like how it was with the Doom Hunter but nope.

Personally had a lot more trouble with the Gladiator and his damned skipping ropes :ranting:

Edited by STICK3Rboy

9 minutes ago, STICK3Rboy said:

Personally had a lot more trouble with the Gladiator and his damned skipping ropes :ranting:

I felt gladiator was the easiest boss in game, easy to dodge becauseof slow movements, wide parry time and few attacks. Even the second phase of that skipping ropes, just jump over or side dash to skip. 

Marauder was tough for me. 

27 minutes ago, STICK3Rboy said:

Weird. I actually thought that was the easiest boss fight in the game and it felt kinda underwhelming because of that :\

I used lock-on missiles on Khan Maykr to quickly whittle down her health and kept farming supplies by head-shotting the Maykr Drones. I was expecting a follow-up round like how it was with the Doom Hunter but nope.

Gladiator was easy actually, much easier. The Makykr for me was brutal, more so for the environmental hazards as well. Kept forgetting that the ground was riddled with molten lava. :ranting:

Lol looks like each of us had a tough time with a different boss :P

The toughest boss fight though was the final one, which was more of a test of endurance than anything. The fact that there were chances of you losing all or most of your health in one fell swoop if you weren't on your toes kept the tension high throughout.

2 hours ago, Heaven Angel said:

Even the second phase of that skipping ropes, just jump over or side dash to skip. 

Yeah, but it was all wavy :(

f**king Gladiator was testing Doom Slayer's kindergarten playground skills :ranting:

Just now completed the game... oh man what a final level boss fight! The Titan is a true beast, that face on my 32" monitor :wOOtjumpy:

Sahi mein, had immense fun playing this game!! Barring some of the platforming one needs to accomplish to get to areas for progression (which I didn't really like) this game really took me back to solid FPS joy. Every game now from here on out will seem like snail-mail when compared to this epic, fast, demon destroying journey!

Feel so ecstatic that I could complete this game, was not easy... by any means! :cheers:

• Like 1

On 4/6/2020 at 9:09 AM, radicaldude said:

Should I be farming one ups for the later stage(s) of the game?

Unless you're finding yourself dying a lot already or if you want to replay earlier levels to collect/complete everything you've missed, you don't really have to do it.

There are no sudden spikes in difficulty and there are of course plenty of checkpoints scattered throughout. Even the final boss fight has a checkpoint in the middle.

6 hours ago, radicaldude said:

Such retro shooters have kind of had a resurgence lately. Maybe the success of DOOM '16 had something to do with it.

Do check out these games as well if you're into them. I've only played a few them so far but they are all generally well regarded. 

Wrath: Aeon of Ruin

Ion Fury

Dusk

Amid Evil

Project Warlock

There's also Prodeus, which is still in development. But it looks sick!

Edited by STICK3Rboy
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, STICK3Rboy said:

Such retro shooters have kind of had a resurgence lately. Maybe the success of DOOM '16 had something to do with it.

Do check out these games as well if you're into them. I've only played a few them so far but they are all generally well regarded. 

Ion Fury

Dusk

Amid Evil

Project Warlock

Damn. This is what Duke Nukem Forever aspired to be. I just hope some of them get PC PHYSICAL releases. Also, I wonder how do people play such fast shooters on a controller. Its impossible to replicate the experience of a good old mouse and a keyboard via a controller. Swift precise movement(s) are extremely difficult to pull off and they dont feel natural on a controller IMO.

14 hours ago, STICK3Rboy said:

Ion Fury

Dusk

Amid Evil

Project Warlock

Thank-you for posting those games! I'm definitely going to be picking up Ion Fury and playing it. :)

• Like 1

Completed the Arc Complex master level. Somehow it wasn't nearly as intense as the Cultist Base master level :\

Had to check the difficulty a couple of times just to make sure I was playing on the UV difficulty.

1 hour ago, STICK3Rboy said:

Completed the Arc Complex master level. Somehow it wasn't nearly as intense as the Cultist Base master level :\

Had to check the difficulty a couple of times just to make sure I was playing on the UV difficulty.

Maybe because Arc Complex map is already cramped up, no bigger enemies can fit and they just cannot just double the enemies just for the sake of difficulty. 

On 4/8/2020 at 3:04 AM, STICK3Rboy said:

Ion Fury

Dusk

Amid Evil

Project Warlock

I would recommend playing these classics, some of them are even more fun than Doom 2016:

Painkiller

Painkiller: Battle out of hell

Serious Sam: The First encounter HD

Serious Sam: The Second Encounter HD

Serious Sam 3

All these are fantastic shooters with AAA production values. Amazing enemies, hidden secrets, fantastic and unique weapons.

• Like 1