Doom Eternal

Heaven Angel

3 hours ago, stingray said:

Does such anti-cheat software like Denuvo have any impact on single player campaign - like in terms of overall performance of game and frames? Am anyways not interested in multiplayer so no issues here.

Even I'm curious, considering the internet makes a lot of fuss over Denuvo :scratchchin:

Depends on the implementation. Most of the time not really noticeable. 

In DOOM Eternal case, it is the new anti-cheat Denuvo (not the same as Anti-Tamper). Concerns were raised that Denuvo's software was too intrusive, as it uses a kernel-level driver - while some players attributed performance issues to the addition of the anti-cheat software. 

What's hilarious is, like CC said, Bethesda is going extra mile and paying up to add Denuvo anti-cheat to a MP portion of the game that nobody cares nor plays enough to justify the addition. iF0hWLl.gif

• 1 month later...

Has there been any update on the upcoming dlc as to when they would be released and some other details? Also, how much time dis you guys take to complete the single player missions - the missions & levels in Doom are huge & i have to refer walkthroughs in every level to get 100% collectibles and achievements[emoji52]

17 hours ago, stingray said:

Has there been any update on the upcoming dlc as to when they would be released and some other details? Also, how much time dis you guys take to complete the single player missions - the missions & levels in Doom are huge & i have to refer walkthroughs in every level to get 100% collectibles and achievementsemoji52.png

No info on DLC yet but stated for 2020 release.

12-18 hours for main game. 100% takes almost twice the amount. 

i just finished this amazing shooter on pc, maybe even better than the previous Doom, such intense run and gun gameplay, loved it. story is actually decent. Rip and Tear FTW!!

they should make a DLC where Doomguy lands in the sentinel homeworld for the first time and goes through the initiation rituals and gladiator matches. 

i tried multiplayer with a few matches and i am yet to get into it fully. found it uninspiring. 

Am I the only one who preferred Doom 2016 to this? Yes? Ok I'll see myself out now.

I also prefer the “grounded” approach of Doom 2016 than this one. ID made eternal a bit too “arcady” in my opinion - weapons floating in air to be picked, too many collectibles and a little bit too much of platforming made the tempo of gun fights slow down.
Anyways, most of you have completed the game but i have given it up for sometime. Just cannot get through the slayergate in mission 6 - where the Tyrant is introduced.. will try to play again after sometime and see if i can get through

A noob question to forum members - i had purchased deluxe edition of both Doom Eternal and Metro Exodus - how do i access the digital art book in steam? I cannot see the link or the digital art book anywhere in steam for both games. Apologies for OT[emoji52]

1 hour ago, stingray said:

A noob question to forum members - i had purchased deluxe edition of both Doom Eternal and Metro Exodus - how do i access the digital art book in steam? I cannot see the link or the digital art book anywhere in steam for both games. Apologies for OTemoji52.png

right click game, select properties, go to DLC tab, there it should be there afaik.

I have DXMD and JC3 with artbook, but don't have them installed so can't verify rn

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Not sure of this update but who asks for such modes? Generally i have seen and read online where people are asking for more campaign updates rather than such “cosmetic” updates. Hopefully, their upcoming doc will take game forward...

Bethesda does not give 2 shits about what user wants. Otherwise they would not have added Denuvo anti cheat in a singleplayer focused game.

Sent from my ASUS_I001DE using Tapatalk

20 minutes ago, stingray said:

Not sure of this update but who asks for such modes? Generally i have seen and read online where people are asking for more campaign updates rather than such “cosmetic” updates. Hopefully, their upcoming doc will take game forward...

Nobody does, it's like a nice thing to have i guess.

Many games have "filters" like this unlocked through a cheat menu or by collecting x amount of collectables

1 minute ago, i_rock098 said:

Bethesda does not give 2 shits about what user wants. Otherwise they would not have added Denuvo anti cheat in a singleplayer focused game.

Doom Eternal was day one cracked, not even crack, there was some glitch that let you play without logging in or whatever, so they added Denuvu as a knee jerk reaction after the fact i guess. :lol:

Massive lol it was when it actually came out, within minutes it was on :zodka:

Doom Eternal was day one cracked, not even crack, there was some glitch that let you play without logging in or whatever, so they added Denuvu as a knee jerk reaction after the fact i guess. [emoji38]

Massive lol it was when it actually came out, within minutes it was on :zodka:

The steam version was with Denuvo antitamper while the Bethesda launcher version dis not have it. Then they added Denuvo to that version as well. Then they added Denuvo anti cheat to both versions. That was the dumbest move ever.