Doom Eternal

Heaven Angel

3 minutes ago, hsk_colossus said:

?. Stand-alone like lost legacy/ spiderman MM? 

Yes. 

Doom Eternal's first single-player expansion, The Ancient Gods, Part One, will be available as a standalone game. It's important as we want the DLC to reach as many people as possible. In fact, you don't even need to own Doom Eternal to buy the DLC and play it.

“Most people would associate DLC with being of smaller scope – it’s kind of like the made for TV version of the movie, and the movie was the main game,” Hugo continues. “For us, this is very much like a two-part film – this is every bit as grand as the main game was.”

• Like 1

Nice.

DOOM Eternal Year One Pass back on sale. $30

Part 1 available now - $20

• New Mission - Experience a new mission in your eternal fight against evil. Unleash your vengeance and face your greatest test as you march back to the Maykr’s realm. Defeat powerful new threats, restore order to the heavens and unearth the corruption that has thrown the universe into chaos.
  • New Locations - From the industrial rain-swept decks of the oceanic UAC Atlantica Facility on Earth to the corpse littered Blood Swamps of Hell to the crumbling ruins of a demon-infested Urdak, you will visit epic new locations to eviscerate the armies of Hell.
  • New Enemies - Change your tactics as you face Hell’s newest threats that add more depth and challenge to combat. Face the Spirit, an ethereal enemy that buffs other demons with added strength and speed, and the Blood Maykr – a corrupted Maykr Angel armed with a powerful staff that can be hurled with thunderbolt force.

Three New DOOM Eternal Campaign Maps (requires purchase of The Ancient Gods - Part One or the Year One Pass)

• UAC Atlantica
  • Blood Swamps
  • The Holt

DE.TAGP1_3MAPS_960x540.png

Maykr Slayer Master Collection - Behold the Maykr Slayer! This absolute unit is instantly unlocked upon purchase of The Ancient Gods - Part One or the Year One Pass and like all Master Collections, is loaded with progressibles like a slick podium, new podium animations, alternate skins, icons and player badges. 

DE.MaykrSlayer_960x540.png

New Milestones means New Rewards

The Ancient Gods - Part One has a whole new set of spicy milestone challenges, which when completed, grant cool gear like unique icons, player badges, menu backgrounds and even a gold plated Maykr Slayer skin for completing the new expansion campaign on Ultra Nightmare.

56 minutes ago, STICK3Rboy said:

Not able to buy the DLC on steam. Says I already own it even though I don't.

Seems a lot of people are facing this issue :\

Strange. Works fine for me.

You trying from DLC page or main game page? 

31 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

my game pass game getting a 12 GB update.. Is the DLC free :P.. Almost done with the campaign, will pick the season pass in November sale..

Nope. It adds to the game but you will see shop icon next to it when you select which will take you to store page. 

4 minutes ago, hsk_colossus said:

Do dlc of first party games come to game pass ?

Depends. Few games are deluxe/ultimate editions which have full game + expansions/DLCs.

Upcoming Beyond Light will be first 3rd party expansion on GP at launch. 

• Like 1

Don’t know about others - but started playing DLC and it starts throwing everything in kitchen sink at you from the start. I already died a couple of times in the first mission, don’t know how others are faring...
One thing that surprises me is why ID has insisted on making this stand alone - the start of the dlc is a bit jarring and not sure who will play it first before main game - will not be able to understand what is going on or the mechanics

• Like 1