Doom Eternal

Heaven Angel

Started dlc part 1 properly. I had forgotten what a b*tch this game can be on Nightmare. Innocent me thinking yeah! I still got this - reflexes, button muscle memory and all - but I was rudely shocked when it spawned 3 Arachnotrons and that b*tch Whiplash when I was getting confident of getting close to beating an area

ahhhh, Nightmare difficulty will be a long nightmare

• 1 month later...

After more than a month of postponing and completing 3 games, I fired this up again.

Starting with The Ancient Gods DLC Part 1 on XSX with Xbox controller on Nightmare difficulty. (base game completed on Nightmare)

Managed to clear 1 tough area after coming in cold. Good warm up for muscle memory and getting a feel of all weapons/mods/items.

This game is pure instinct. No thinking. If you pause for a split second to look around or think, you die. Sheer awesomeness.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Joe Cool said:

saw this fully at 4k

if original version is 100, then this enhanced version is barely 103-105

simply because the only change is better reflections from few surfaces in some cases and you don’t even have the time to look at those reflections due to fast combat 

one of the most inconsequential updates IMO 

• 4 weeks later...

E5TAMaOXMAEQGyQ?format=jpg&name=medium

DOOM Eternal will receive a new single-player horde mode instead of a free Invasion mode; more details will follow at QuakeCon in August

id is also working on a refresh of Battlemode with new features