Doom Eternal

Heaven Angel

An ultimate DOOM experience, as it was in 2016 but better in graphics, gameplay and gore. ID software creates a genre defining FPS games. Gameplay is fluid as all heck and performance is out of the world smooth. Not a single hitch in frames, settings are on ultra nightmare. 

Too bad the game doesn't have photo mode, yet. 

Some shots..

E91FF78CA4DCAD20FE6B8DACCA126299FAB1E0E5

2DE120566922F95BB4DE88DFE4934626D31903DC

5954E580851E8048821540CAA075B2B0B2ECC16E

37456F2F4E7DFED5BCF2AEFED6046DCDBFC64DF4

392CCCAC3C38A30F93D992390BA6B496D07B6DD6

2C3FAC9188D64DAB810BA25B1BD8CC610939353E

E671C0A22912A42ED6EA4D3954BCC6F124E3B1A5

• Like 2

Man the crunchy and yummy sound effects of ammo pickup, armor pickup, blood punch, weapon hit, blade hit, its addictive. 

And The presentation, i was awe struck with the scenery in the background. Huge sentinels, lava mountains, big a*s gates. Top quality stuff.

Also the platforming, so far its good. The fire chains revolving, platforms dropping with weights,  you got to time all well. Add in the monkey bars and the doom slayer glides in the air like a boss. 

Unlike doom 2k16, this game heavily focuses on resource management. I had to remember of constantly chainsawing enemies, fire for armor. If you dont you run out of ammo quick. the shoulder mounted canon is sweet. And the blood punch lol. It wrecks sh*t. All in all a DOPE game so far. 

Edited by SpearHea:D

10 hours ago, Keano said:

how is the pc performance?  Will complete NiOh2 before starting this in few days, wondering if the 1080 GTX will be able to run 1080p 144fps and 1440p 60fps

Performance is great, if you want settings also to be on ultra nightmare then it'll get a little demanding (not 144 but 60fps). Otherwise, it plays without a hitch. 

That Exultia level! Everything from the huge environs to the art direction and background music just screams EPIC!

It kinda reminded me of the original God of War. Even the ambient music in this level is pretty similar to the one in Pandora's Temple.

Also, the track that kicks in when you encounter the first Hell Knight is awesome!

As far as performance goes, I'm getting 60+ fps for the most part (averaging in the 70's, I reckon) with most settings on Ultra Nightmare and a few on Medium at 1080p. Have turned off v-sync coz it's causing micro-stuttering.

This is with an ageing 970 and a prehistoric 3rd gen i5! Hope the performance remains the same throughout.

21 minutes ago, STICK3Rboy said:

Just completed the Slayer Gate in Cultist Base and it was f**king intense!

I'm playing it on ultra-violence difficulty and finding it quite a bit tougher than DOOM '16. The 1up's definitely come in quite handy.

3DC3172D723B56E4FDE2B6827E4BFCE7077020A4

6 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

It feels harder than Doom 2016 mainly because of so many systems involved. Once you start juggling them and get in the beat though, it almost feels like a rhythm game.

Yeah, there's definitely a bit of learning curve involved, unlike in D16 where you just shoot willy-nilly.

Slayer gate is chaotic as fuk, that adrenaline rush when you have only 10% health with no extra lives and still 2 revenant left to kill. 

I had some 6 extra lives when I entered the room, spend all in there and came out with 3 weapon mods and an encryption key. Worth it.

7 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

And Bethesda wanted to make this game a launcher exclusive :giggle:

bethesda.net version is also screwed, it has a different exe. which has no DRM. The developers really messed up leaving the DRM-less exe in the bethesda.net version.