Doom Eternal

Heaven Angel

22 minutes ago, Panopticon said:

great!

Are you actively using quickswapping?

which weapon combos are your favorites for QS?

My QS journey:

1. Started off with using the Weapon Wheel (WW) with a delay of 70ms for the first 10% of the game.
  2. Switched to a delay of 110-140ms and used QS for 40% of the game.
  3. Switched back to WW @ 70ms and used that to QS between 2 or more weapons for the rest.

My favourite combos (of 2):

• Super Shotgun and Ballista
  • Ballista and Heavy Cannon (Precision Bolt)

2 hours ago, TRMNTR said:

Switched back to WW @ 70ms and used that to QS between 2 or more weapons for the rest.

how much time do you spend in the WW? 1-2 frames or 1-2 second? Doesn’t so many QS with WW and multiple weapons break the flow?

2 hours ago, TRMNTR said:

Ballista and Heavy Cannon (Precision Bolt)

how do you manage zooming in on heavy cannon for precision bolt while QS and make the process super fast?

5 minutes ago, Panopticon said:

how much time do you spend in the WW? 1-2 frames or 1-2 second? Doesn’t so many QS with WW and multiple weapons break the flow?

Instant. If you get the hang of it, it's as fast as QS with the advantage of having 2+ weapons.

5 minutes ago, Panopticon said:

how do you manage zooming in on heavy cannon for precision bolt while QS and make the process super fast?

There's a short window between QS and Shoot to press Zoom. Need to build that muscle memory to master it.

I choke at both of the above from time to time. -_-

• Like 1

On 7/30/2021 at 11:16 AM, 0verlord said:

Playing The Ancient Gods DLC part 1 on Nightmare mode. Very less/almost no quick switching but still doing good

How's the difficulty compared to the base game?

4 hours ago, TRMNTR said:

How's the difficulty compared to the base game?

base game is very easy compared to the dlc

there are new mechanics, enemy quantities and enemy combinations which will make it necessary to have perfection in your play, else dead

2 hours ago, 0verlord said:

base game is very easy compared to the dlc

there are new mechanics, enemy quantities and enemy combinations which will make it necessary to have perfection in your play, else dead

:scarerun:

• 2 weeks later...

A lot of people missed out on the essence of Doom Eternal when they chose any difficulty lower than Nightmare because that’s how the dev intended it to be played - with aggressive ferocity and full use of all tools at hands 

Basically, on lower difficulties, they just nerfed enemy damage to make the game more accessible to casual masses

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, 0verlord said:

A lot of people missed out on the essence of Doom Eternal when they chose any difficulty lower than Nightmare because that’s how the dev intended it to be played - with aggressive ferocity and full use of all tools at hands 

Basically, on lower difficulties, they just nerfed enemy damage to make the game more accessible to casual masses

rubbish :thumbdown:

28 minutes ago, hsk_colossus said:

link?

Technically, you called my claim of developer’s difficulty design choices “rubbish”. So, you should actually provide proof of that ?

I myself have read articles and watched interviews, based on which I made the following comment ?

2 hours ago, 0verlord said: