Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot

Engineer

I'm amazed what cyberconnect have done here, the world seems big even when you are on ground and when you are flying, usually on would lose transition and upon landing you'd get a sandbox exploration area or if the world is big then flying would only serve as a mean of fast travel, but i expect nothing less from CC2 amazing dev.

And meanwhile westerners can't even make a crap superman game let alone a game this good.

On 12/23/2019 at 12:21 AM, NitroNeo said:

Just checked the PS Store and saw that the deluxe and ultimate editions have a season pass, any idea for how much does it go for individually ?

Seems season pass is going for $25 (1780.64 Rs). But Fanatical.co is offering the Season Pass (Steam Version) for $21.49 (1530.50 Rs)

https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/dragon-ball-z-kakarot-season-pass

They are also offering the Steam Version Dragon Ball: Kakarot game for $81.69 (5817.58 Rs)

https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/dragon-ball-z-kakarot-ultimate-edition

which is much cheaper than the PSN price of 6400 Rs (and just 100 Rs more than the Deluxe Edition Price in PSN India). And it's probably one of the only ways to get the Steam version in India. They are having a 14% off promotion going on it seems

AFAIK Fanatical (previously bundlestars.com) is legit, getting their keys from the devs themselves. I've purchased some minor games from them before, and got it no problem. So you can try it out if you want

But do note, that I only purchased some really cheap games from them, but everywhere I search on Google, they are saying that the site is legitimate - unlike Kinguin or G2A

Edit: On looking into it further, do not buy from Fanatical for now. In their listing, they say that the standard edition and deluxe edition keys will not activate in India. Only the Ultimate Edition will activate. So hold off on buying for now. Don't know what's going up with that and it's better to be safe than sorry.

Edited by roun90

1 hour ago, NitroNeo said:

Why not just get the base PS4 version with season pass? Will be around Rs.5300

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Season Pass is not available separately. Not even on US PSN. Besides on US PSN, the Ultimate Edition goes for $126.49 (9000 Rs) and Deluxe for $112.99 (appx. 8000 Rs). The $25 price I told was from Gamestop - which will not ship here. Plus, if you look at India Deluxe edition prices (which is just game + season pass), it's 5600. But that will not be the price you will get it when buying separately. In 90% cases, buying a bundle is cheaper than buying Base Game+Season Pass separately. So, if and when Season Pass does go on sale separately, expect to pay much more than Rs 5600 for it. Plus the Ultimate Edition has more content than the Season Pass, such as -

The Tao Pai Pai Pillar (available Spring 2020)

Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot Music Compilation Pack - 11 additional songs from the anime (available Spring 2020)

(Taken from Fanatical)

So overall, seems like a worthwhile deal at least to me.

EditOn looking into it further, do not buy from Fanatical for now. In their listing, they say that the standard edition and deluxe edition keys will not activate in India. Only the Ultimate Edition will activate. So hold off on buying for now. Don't know what's going up with that and it's better to be safe than sorry.

Edited by roun90

This is kinda a joke namco bandai have an office here in goregaon and they used to bring all the special physical editions here like those of naruto storm series idk why they are just bringing the standard one now especially when the season pass will be important for many DLC this game may have.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Here's a translation of the reviewers' comments:

- Feels like the actual anime itself, rather than a mere "replication"
- Combat makes you feel like Spider-man a Z fighter, with Ki Blasts, hand-to-hand, and high-speed movement
- Plenty of beefy exploration-related content
- Collecting orbs and cooking feel slightly grindy
- Battles are exciting and wonderfully rendered
- Combat feels like Dragon Ball while having easy to pick up controls
- Feels good to fly around the open world
- Map could've been a bit more helpful
- Scenes recreated from the original show have proper oomph
- 3D combat is speedy and looks really cool
- It's nice that you can enjoy the more adventure-esque parts of the early episodes as an RPG-like
- Considering the size of the world, it could've been a bit more dense and varied, with more to discover
- It's very considerate that you can have the controls displayed at all times (I guess this means you can turn it off, for those worried about the UI)
- The world looks and feels like the original show, and it's cool that you can explore it to your heart's content
- Plenty of collectibles that fans will love
- Battles feel like a natural evolution of the Super Butoden series on SNES

7 hours ago, b!T said:

I wonder what's the minimum requirements for this are?

Plenty of info in this new trailer.

One thing is for sure, the game's gonna be really good, or they're just extremely good at highlighting the best parts in the trailers released so far. Pretty sure it's the former. Don't think I'll be able to buy it at launch, but will certainly get it down the line.

• Thanks 1

OpenCritic

77 - Top Critic Average

67% - Critics Recommend

• Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot might be an all too familiar trip down memory lane, but so far it's fun enough and much more pointed than some of the aimless DBZ games of old. We'll see if it doesn't overstay its welcome.
  • Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot displays unparalleled care and respect for the iconic story arcs it adapts. The original music is there, original Dragon Ball characters return, and pivotal moments are gorgeously animated. If these were stories being presented in video game format for the first time, it would be a mind-blowing experience. Unfortunately, Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot doesn't push the envelope enough to warrant sitting through the Cell Saga for the umpteenth time and seeing Frieza get obliterated yet again. If you've played a Dragon Ball Z game before, you've basically played this one.
  • Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot is a huge step forward in the titles centered on the narrative of Akira Toriyama, and although there are moments that manage to live up to the original anime or even exceed it, the general feeling does not end up being so voluminous.
  • A true gift to any Dragon Ball fan that works really well as an open world ARPG. It's not without flaws, but its length and dynamics are a safe bet.
  • Overall, Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot is a good game, but it may not appeal to everyone. If you've seen the anime series, you know what to expect already. This can make the entire game seem a bit dull because there are no surprises. However, if you're looking for an experience where you can relive the best Dragon Ball Z moments – and get immersed in an open world with varying environments – then you should pick it up.
  • Pleasant to play and characterized by a combat system in fair balance between simplicity and spectacularity, Kakarot is however a title with ambitions that are sometimes too submissive, which are lazily content with proposing rather bland secondary missions, a discontinuous rhythm and a system of growth that is not as thorough as it should have been.
  • With a length of over 40 hours to get through the main story, Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot might linger a bit too long for those looking for a varied experience, as the variety in sidequests is incredibly lacking. While everything looks pretty enough and a healthy dose of fanservice and nostalgia for those who are diehard Dragon Ball Z fans, it often feels like more effort than it’s worth.

Game has a lot of faults but its also pretty cool. Overall somewhat solid but just not as much for me as others.

Wait for Sale

I played around 4 hours. It's very enjoyable. Also combat is good. You will get your a*s handed to you in boss fights if you don't play properly. The bosses and even lower enemies have special attacks which are telegraphed, so you need to learn that pattern to dodge or defend. The controls are the biggest issue for regular DBZ players. It takes a lot of adjustment because circle is for punches and square for ki blasts. Naruto gamers will feel at home though.

The biggest plus is that game perfectly nails the DBZ charm. The world is wonderful, and cutscenes are fantastic. Overall a must play for a DBZ fan.

as I couldn't figure out wtf was happening. Attacks from everywhere. Defeated them but was on last bar of my health. No problem I thought, I will get full health in next battle. But then fight vs Nappa started with my health still at 1 bar. I managed to hold my own till he used his ultimate and killed me. Ok no problem, the retry option will start fight vs Nappa at full health? No, it's still 1 bar, I get destroyed again. So only way is to reload my save before saibamen battle and do it all over. I am not complaining, but this shows that you cannot take a single battle lightly. Always need to be on your toes. Just loving the combat more now.