Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot

Engineer

Dragon ball is a series that introduced me to some of the best over the top fights I've seen and over the years introduced a multiverse full of amaze.I did a special something to mark the release of the game, CC2 is one of my favorite devs and i fell great starting a new decade with their work.

For this unboxing i wanted to skip the same old linear approach and try something new.

Do watch it till the end, along with it being in English i have used Japanese in this as well & have provided the necessary translation in subtitles. Also there are two special guests in this one, check out what's what. So feel at home, have fun & enjoy

Edited by NitroNeo

Learn the patterns. Every boss telegraphs his attacks, so you can opt to dodge. Ki management is essential. For me Raditz took 2 tries, Nappa took 3 because I was at less health after saibamen battle. Then for Vegeta I had healing items equipped so I took him out in one shot. Healing items are your friend. Overall, the game is fantastic in every aspect. Side stories are quite goofy.

7 hours ago, Big Boss said:

Learn the patterns. Every boss telegraphs his attacks, so you can opt to dodge. Ki management is essential. For me Raditz took 2 tries, Nappa took 3 because I was at less health after saibamen battle. Then for Vegeta I had healing items equipped so I took him out in one shot. Healing items are your friend. Overall, the game is fantastic in every aspect. Side stories are quite goofy.

Where do I get the healing items from? Can I buy them somewhere?

I have spent around 15 hours and only just now reached Guldo. The side quests are hilarious and charming. Yajirobe and Piccolo side quest was so funny. The community board idea is great too. Trying to match them to get maximum bonus is a fun task. And the encyclopaedia is superb. So much effort has been put on that.

Yeah spamming doesn't work. You have to strategize according to boss attacks. Completed the Frieza saga. So good. Now open world has lot of new options. Took around 18 hours. Still 2 more sagas to go. Game is worth every penny.

On 1/21/2020 at 12:29 AM, Big Boss said:

I have spent around 15 hours and only just now reached Guldo. The side quests are hilarious and charming. Yajirobe and Piccolo side quest was so funny. The community board idea is great too. Trying to match them to get maximum bonus is a fun task. And the encyclopaedia is superb. So much effort has been put on that.

Hmm, I have fought 4 Ginyu force members , and I'm at 9.5 hours. 

Nevertheless, amazing game so far. Regular fights that pop up here and there are pretty lame, but boss fights just keep getting better.

Just figured out that once you break enemy's stun bar, all your special moves become more cinematic! I wish it was more often though.

Also after Frieza saga, you can revive dead enemies using dragon balls and get their emblems for community boards. And those missions have some stories too, not just refights.

Edited by Big Boss

There is a season pass with 2 additional stories. I don't think it will be Super related. Super should be a stand alone game. The stories maybe based on the movies or even GT. But who knows, they might do super DLC. Still nothing is announced. 

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...

They've announced that owners of the base version will get a free upgrade to the next-gen version.

Super-duper tempted to get this now! The Deluxe Edition is available for ₹1424 on the PS Store.

But, I know XV2 is coming to PS+, which can easily quench my temporary DB fix (that I seem to be on since watching the DBS: Super Hero movie). I know, this and XV2 are different genres of games, but still, that next-gen thing is looking quite improved.

21 hours ago, VelivolusDas said:

They've announced that owners of the base version will get a free upgrade to the next-gen version.

Super-duper tempted to get this now! The Deluxe Edition is available for ₹1424 on the PS Store.

But, I know XV2 is coming to PS+, which can easily quench my temporary DB fix (that I seem to be on since watching the DBS: Super Hero movie). I know, this and XV2 are different genres of games, but still, that next-gen thing is looking quite improved.

I tried the demo of kakarot.
Felt okayish.

I went back to playing Xenoverse 2.

You think i should buy Kakarot ? its mostly available at discounted price. 

• 5 weeks later...