Strict NAT with Jio Giga Fiber

Man In The Box

I just got JIO Giga Fiber and connected it with my Xbox One. No matter what I do (Port Forwarding / DMZ), it always shows as Strict NAT. 

Any other Jio Giga Fiber users experiencing the same issue? 

11 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Port forwarding is currently not available on Jio GF. Maybe when it launces commercially, it'll be allowed. 

Thanks for the update! Okay, so switching back to Airtel broadband for gaming then !

Edited by Man In The Box

• 1 year later...
41 minutes ago, Moksha said:

I am getting Nat Type 3 on the PS4, any way to rectify it? It would be really helpful because the Jio customer care service people are brain dead retards

Request them to Open the ports for the games you play.. I had similar issue with Railwire but they have a set of ports when you request gaming to them.. That made all the games NAT go from Strict to Moderate which made it a lot better..

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/13/2020 at 12:37 PM, funnyadit said:

Request them to Open the ports for the games you play.. I had similar issue with Railwire but they have a set of ports when you request gaming to them.. That made all the games NAT go from Strict to Moderate which made it a lot better..

I have this same problem. Is there something I can do in the ONT possibly? I don't play MP so it is not a severe concern but would like to know how can I change it. Downloading games, netflix, prime etc works fine.

Edited by b!T

5 minutes ago, b!T said:

I have this same problem. Is there something I can do in the ONT possibly? I don't play MP so it is not a severe concern but would like to know how can I change it. Downloading games, netflix, prime etc works fine.

This is an ISP side issue, nothing you can do from your end.

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, b!T said:

Yeah like Phantom said its ISP side of things.. For me even reddit was blocked off but after the ports of gaming related were opened I could get access to all such stuff too..

Either request for particular ports or hope they have a set for gaming in general..

1 hour ago, funnyadit said:

Yeah like Phantom said its ISP side of things.. For me even reddit was blocked off but after the ports of gaming related were opened I could get access to all such stuff too..

Either request for particular ports or hope they have a set for gaming in general..

Yeah, I have called them informed. After talking to couple of mindless idiots, I did get a lady who seems to know their stuff. She said she will do it and let me know.

3 hours ago, b!T said:

Yeah, I have called them informed. After talking to couple of mindless idiots, I did get a lady who seems to know their stuff. She said she will do it and let me know.

Great.. Yeah its hard to get people who know their stuff in Jio..

• 7 months later...
On 7/13/2020 at 12:37 PM, funnyadit said:

Hey I know this is very late but can you tell me where u request them to do it because I sent them an email but I got an auto generated bot Answer who told me just steps to improve my wifi speed

Edited by Shadow Is Pro
Spelling mistake

4 hours ago, Shadow Is Pro said:

Hey I know this is very late but can you tell me where u request them to do it because I sent them an email but I got an auto generated bot Answer who told me just steps to improve my wifi speed

Idk about an email. I contacted the local supplier and they contacted RW and since then I've got a Moderate NAT. I think its a static framed IP since mine has not changed in 2 years now.