PlayStation vs Xbox vs Nintendo thread

Massive restructuring going on at SIE. looks like a completely new team will lead ps5. 

Hermen Hulst from guerrilla games will lead all 14 SIE worldwide studios replacing shu Yoshida and Yoshida made head of a new indie division ( sounds like a demotion to me).

54 minutes ago, silentassassin said:

Who was previous head of Indie devs ?

They had this pakistani guy who used to be active and get all indies during the early year. After he left and psvr launched all the indie title support stopped replaced by psvr supported titles. Yoshida’s position is a new one

Some of the changes explained (or just some senior-level talk IMO). Good read nonetheless. Goes to show how difficult a process it is to streamline 'regional' differences.

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2019-11-07-sonys-jim-ryan-we-had-to-make-changes-to-deliver-our-ps5-dream

3 hours ago, VelivolusDas said:

Some of the changes explained (or just some senior-level talk IMO). Good read nonetheless. Goes to show how difficult a process it is to streamline 'regional' differences.

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2019-11-07-sonys-jim-ryan-we-had-to-make-changes-to-deliver-our-ps5-dream

What is this guy smoking ,he doesn't even the previous generation sales. ?

"100 million is obviously a very notable landmark for any console," he begins. "We've only done it once before. 

Edited by triggr happy ss

On 11/7/2019 at 3:57 PM, KnackChap said:

Massive restructuring going on at SIE. looks like a completely new team will lead ps5. 

Hermen Hulst from guerrilla games will lead all 14 SIE worldwide studios replacing shu Yoshida and Yoshida made head of a new indie division ( sounds like a demotion to me).

On 11/7/2019 at 6:52 PM, CarbonCore said:

No one, they just send indies to die like Concrete Genie last month.

On 11/7/2019 at 7:01 PM, KnackChap said:

They had this pakistani guy who used to be active and get all indies during the early year. After he left and psvr launched all the indie title support stopped replaced by psvr supported titles. Yoshida’s position is a new one

I dont think its a demotion. May be they are looking get in some good indie titles for PS5 and VR. 
Will need a good library to launch PS5 with..

16 minutes ago, silentassassin said:

I dont think its a demotion. May be they are looking get in some good indie titles for PS5 and VR. 
Will need a good library to launch PS5 with..

Yup. I think I spoke too soon. Judging from the reactions on twitter from the ps dev family, Yoshida has a huge role to play next gen. 

My personal guess is that since Shu has such cordial relations with the 3rd party and indie Dev's I'm thinking they'll try to get a lot of them not just as exclusives but as day 1 launches on ps now since they can't/won't put their big AAA games there on launch.

2 hours ago, KnackChap said:

Yup. I think I spoke too soon. Judging from the reactions on twitter from the ps dev family, Yoshida has a huge role to play next gen. 

My personal guess is that since Shu has such cordial relations with the 3rd party and indie Dev's I'm thinking they'll try to get a lot of them not just as exclusives but as day 1 launches on ps now since they can't/won't put their big AAA games there on launch.

Yea. 
They'll need good amount of games for PS5. 
They'll need free games for PS Plus
As of now, big studios is not doing VR games. So will be crucial to get in smaller studios to work on PS VR

8 hours ago, WhiteWolf said:

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2019/11/sony_our_exclusives_are_too_special_and_valuable_to_giveaway_day_one_with_ps_now

Agree and he is right. MS is f**ckin stupid devaluing and destroying all of their franchise for selling em for a 1$

Not really. Different strategies. I expect MS to either not release any more xbox consoles at all after this coming gen (2020 release consoles would have been in development for a long time already) or raise the price of consoles significantly to ensure that the consoles are "a premier service"(provided the current mentality continues until the next 2025 gen as well)

MS seems to be going the way of Netflix, and only focusing on sunscription sales. Once the Game Pass user-base is high enough, expect MS to raise the subscription prices as well accordingly. These $1 services are only till they gain a decent market share. Don't expect it to continue indefinitely.