PlayStation vs Xbox vs Nintendo thread

47 minutes ago, Mysteryman said:

If Death Stranding wins the GOTY, Geoff’s reputation will take a massive beating and could lose sponsors and advertising. He should be smart not to support DS. 

You do realise there is a panel who votes for the games right, is not Geoff who decides.

And why would he lose sponsors ore advertising if the judges decides if DS wins GOTY

11 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

Control has only one less nomination than DS, same double nomination in voice acting and even lower score than DS, yet people bitch about DS while Control is quietly flying under the radar. :rofl:

Because kojima is a hack.

7 hours ago, Snake said:

You do realise there is a panel who votes for the games right, is not Geoff who decides.

And why would he lose sponsors ore advertising if the judges decides if DS wins GOTY

Geoff is a producer and host of the Game Awards therefore he has a strong influence over them even though he is not part of the panel. His friendship with Kojima has already raised concerns in the gaming community. 

Also he has to make several deals with the game developers and companies to promote and fund his show. So he could push the panel to favor them. 

So if something unethical is to happen to the Game Awards, it automatically become Geoff’s fault whether he is involved or not. 

17 minutes ago, Mysteryman said:

Geoff is a producer and host of the Game Awards therefore he has a strong influence over them even though he is not part of the panel. His friendship with Kojima has already raised concerns in the gaming community. 

Also he has to make several deals with the game developers and companies to promote and fund his show. So he could push the panel to favor them. 

So if something unethical is to happen to the Game Awards, it automatically become Geoff’s fault whether he is involved or not. 

lol... nice tin foil hat you got there.

I don't think Geoff has enough clout to influence over 80 publications/websites in over 6 countries. There are no game devs or companies on the panel.

Now I want DS to win just for the salty tears in the forum

• Haha 1

Even Phil Spencer is part of the advisory board of the game awards, doesn't help him get many nominations . And why would his personal relationship with anyone raise issue in the industry, it's not like his outlet reviews or promotes games. b28c59232258a6f6680e882a218e49b4.jpg7f82fbb0338c7b5996043a92bac0ff7e.jpg

https://stevivor.com/features/interviews/vr-not-a-focus-of-project-scarlett-says-phil-spencer/

No VR on Xbox it seems, haven't used any VR till date though. Don't know what to make of it, is it really needed?

Edited by triggr happy ss

56 minutes ago, triggr happy ss said:

https://stevivor.com/features/interviews/vr-not-a-focus-of-project-scarlett-says-phil-spencer/

No VR on Xbox it seems, haven't used any VR till date though. Don't know what to make of it, is it really needed?

Not really no. VR technology, as such is still in it's infancy. A lot of people still suffer from nausea while playing VR games, which no company has been able to get rid of. It's also almost impossible for everyone to game for long periods of time on VR. And excitement for VR games cannot be even compared to excitement for home console games. Many times VR announcements are seen as a waste of conference time in E3 etc. VR is only fine so long as a separate division is handling it and the VR games and any development does not come at the cost of the traditional games.

So it's absolutely fine if MS is not focusing on VR. In fact, I would even say it might be one of their better decisions.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SpearHea:D said:

That game is overrated. I wasted my money buying that at full price.

I enjoyed the hell outta this game, even got all the achievements. The gameplay is unique and quite impressive actually. All the mechanics were used well. Good story, the game wasn't too short from a indie developer perspective. Overall the community loved it and this game definitely deserves a stand for nominations. 

4 minutes ago, STICK3Rboy said:

Ah Gris :wub:

A fantastic game with absolutely mesmerizing artwork and music! The climax is sure to give you goosebumps all over.

Definitely worth picking up.

A wonderful indie game. Console folks should wait for disco elysium too..

1 minute ago, Heaven Angel said:

I enjoyed the hell outta this game, even got all the achievements. The gameplay is unique and quite impressive actually. All the mechanics were used well. Good story, the game wasn't too short from a indie developer perspective. Overall the community loved it and this game definitely deserves a stand for nominations. 

Yeah, I liked it too.

The gameplay leans more towards the casual side with its simple stealth mechanics. But I loved the setting, the characters and the narrative.

Very enjoyable game overall.